Sierra shutting down legacy multiplayer incl. Starsiege:Tribes

I came into "work" at GarageGames this morning and read the news, not a good way to start your day -- Tribes to be Killed. Looked down and realized I was wearing my Tribes "Ski Team" Athletic Dept shirt ...humm a sign.

I cannot make any promises, I have not even talked to anyone here about this yet although I am sure there will be supporters of the idea.

If you are interested please post here it will help us gauge demand.

--Rick

img028.jpg

if you make what this community has been screaming for...T1 with updated graphics NOTHING ELSE, then you'll probably have loads of interest.

dont tweak it, dont add anything, just update the graphics of T1 (and maybe tune up the net code a bit.)

I don't want to alarm you ricko....

but there is a potato with gloves on it's head starring at you in that pic.

move away slowly, they sense sudden movements...

Well, of those titles, Nascar Racing 2003 Season is still the best Nascar game on the market, and thus still has a very active playerbase (yeah I know LOL NASCAR LOL). Tribes is probably a close 2nd.

Yeah, no kidding. My dad is going to hate that Nascar 03 is going down.

if you make what this community has been screaming for...T1 with updated graphics NOTHING ELSE, then you'll probably have loads of interest.

dont tweak it, dont add anything, just update the graphics of T1 (and maybe tune up the net code a bit.)

That was what T:V was supposed to be <_<

Also, can you still pick up those tribes1 shirts? If so, where?

Rick its quite obvious if you dont think everyone here would love to have tribes given another kickstart.

Under one condition.

You play, and we get to kill you repeatedly for teasing us with legions.

I came into "work" at GarageGames this morning and read the news, not a good way to start your day -- Tribes to be Killed. Looked down and realized I was wearing my Tribes "Ski Team" Athletic Dept shirt ...humm a sign.

I cannot make any promises, I have not even talked to anyone here about this yet although I am sure there will be supporters of the idea.

--Rick

img028.jpg

Assuming competent followup, every last person here that DIDNT think skiing ruined tribes will be interested.

I haven't logged into TW for ages but this thread will make me post.
Tribes1 was my favourite online game for so long, and still is awesome fun.
There's still quite a few aussies that play t1 so we'd certainly vote for being in favour of anything GG could do to help.

I wouldn't get overly excited folks. I think he's just talking about keeping the master server alive.

i'd enjoy GG running a master server for T1. (and eventually releasing a true successor for T1)

--Rick

img028.jpg

Rick,

Give us Legions or save the tribes master server, you make the choice!

How many of you would be interested in GarageGames getting involved?
--Rick

I could maybe bring another hand-truck-load of beer. I'd even donate another lock of hair, except I'm sure that weirded you guys out the first time.

Please.

Back