Wtf??? (Professor issues)

KombatWombat said:
Yea but nobody deserves their life screwed up over an internet forum... taking it outside of here is being an asshole.

Which is cool because you're good at it.

Oh yeah, having his professor know he thinks he is a dick is going to really screw up his life

It's going to cause him some angst and be really fucking funny. You act like we went over and impregnated his mom and killed his dad

This is funny shit

KombatWombat said:
Yea but nobody deserves their life screwed up over an internet forum... taking it outside of here is being an asshole.

Which is cool because you're good at it.

Yeah, because anyone reading this forum for a month doesn't know that TW can and will use shit against you in RL!

Come on. The original poster just seems to be disconnected from reality(I assume because he is young) both in his real life and on here. Hopefully this will be somewhat of a wake up call for him to be more cognizent of his actions. He might think hes bright (and perhaps he is), but he is seriously lacking in the common sense department.

Plus, its some funny shit :lol:

And its one class, if his life is potentially ruined by that then he must've been teetering to begin with.

Of course, we can agree to disagree or whatever other cliche is applicable here.

In all actuallity if the professor was a half way decent human being he'd probably laugh at this thinking it was a good learning opporunity for Yoda in regards to freedom of speech. In fact, Yoda should thank us for this. We're enhancing his education.

Iamtehwalrus said:
if he were "half way decent" he wouldn't be such an asshole as to not arrange another meeting time for yoda...

Well then this will be a good piece of life education for both of them.

Aestis said:
Oh yeah, having his professor know he thinks he is a dick is going to really screw up his life

It's going to cause him some angst and be really fucking funny. You act like we went over and impregnated his mom and killed his dad

This is funny shit

Be rational I am not overreacting like that. I even find this thread funny. All I'm saying is this could screw up a class for him and picking out one retard off the internet (of the 3 billion current retards online) is an asshole thing to do.

My question is why are you offended by me calling you an asshole? Aren't you a self-admitted one? I don't even mean this in a bad way.

Look, if anyone actually believes the prof is being a dick b/c he's pissed some pissant little know-nothing was reading a paper in his class, then you need a reality check. And if you say "omg I do it in my classes all the time," then you need to get your dumb-ass to a real school. And if you say "omg I go to harvard and I do it," then you're a liar.

edit: in case you hadn't noticed, in my four years at university I've had to deal with my share of idiotic students that decided they were better than the class but still decided to show up. I always enjoyed watching them learn one of life's valuable little lessons.

Last edited:
Aestis said:
I don't see how anyone could defend yoda, he's a fucking fruitcake

Truthfully I don't know much about him. Only that suicide letter thing which was hilarious.

I'll admit he's a fucking sack of annoying shit.

Just emailed his proffessor...

Concerning one of your students...

I know you don't know me, but I frequent an online message board dedicated to videogames and I came across a post made by one of your students who is named Thomas Loh which I fouind quite disturbing...

He goes by the nickname "Yoda" and here is a link to the thread in question.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397992&page=5&pp=20

Here is his original post verbatim...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm taking Poly Sci 102B, Comparitive politics because I have to fulfil "clusters", aka take non-science courses. The class has about 150 people in it and most of them are freshmen and from our 3 class long discussion of the distinctions between "independant variables and dependant variables", I think that it is safe to say that the class level is a few knotches below what I've come to expect of Wash U. Anyways, I've taken the habit of showing up to the class because we have daily quizes on the reading, taking the quiz and then reading the New York Times and half listen to what the guy is saying since it really is just about the most trivial stuff you could ever imagine complemented by idiotic questions.

Anyways, so I got an e-mail this morning saying, "I have office hours from 2:30 to 4:30 today. Stop by. Bring the guy who sits next to you." Nothing else in the e-mail, just that. Now given that there was no prior contact I want to know what the heck he wants to talk to me about so I e-mail him back because I have class on Wednesday from 9am till 6:30pm with only an hour break at 11 and obviously if this isn't really important I'm not going to miss a serious class, say Physics 589 at 2pm... I expain my scedule and ask what he wants to meet about and get this in response:

"As I am sure you probably guessed, I want to talk to you about your behavior during my lectures and 2:00 tomorrow will be fine."

Obviously, I've just told the man that I have class and two exams tommorow afternoon/night. I responded asking how my behavior was out of line and apologizing if I had offended him. And I get a final e-mail saying, "I'll see you at 2." And now I don't know what to write back... Or if to even write back.

Seriously, I mean I know the guy is a prick, I knew this even before he e-mailed me. But seriously, in a large lecture hall he is on someone's case for reading a newspaper? I mean the only other time I've talked in his class was bashing the textbook that we are using because it is about as dumb as the stupid questions that get asked, which got me a round of applause from the students and the TAs... Nothing major, but the author kept saying that economic equality is essential in a country and that you can't have freedom with out economic equality, which as a Libretarian is quite frustrating and I explained what I thought in class. *sigh* [/rant]

Cliffs
- I read NYT in class
- I tell the class that the textbook is very biased and slanted
- I get an e-mail telling me to meet with the Professor
- I can't meet at the time that he asked so I ask him via e-mail about what he wants to meet about
- The professor replies saying that I need to meet with him at 2, even though I have class and exams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a college student myself and behavior like this is completely unacceptable in an institution of higher learning. His attitude is unacceptable and I hope something is done about this for the sake of his classmates who may actually care about the money and time they spend in your class.

Thank you for your time.

I would like to see my profs bitchslap the ill-informed moral crusaders who decide they're going to change the world by starting shit in class, thereby depriving everybody else in the room of the education they've PAID for.

Cheesesteak said:
Just emailed his proffessor...

Concerning one of your students...

I know you don't know me, but I frequent an online message board dedicated to videogames and I came across a post made by one of your students who is named Thomas Loh which I fouind quite disturbing...

He goes by the nickname "Yoda" and here is a link to the thread in question.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397992&page=5&pp=20

Here is his original post verbatim...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm taking Poly Sci 102B, Comparitive politics because I have to fulfil "clusters", aka take non-science courses. The class has about 150 people in it and most of them are freshmen and from our 3 class long discussion of the distinctions between "independant variables and dependant variables", I think that it is safe to say that the class level is a few knotches below what I've come to expect of Wash U. Anyways, I've taken the habit of showing up to the class because we have daily quizes on the reading, taking the quiz and then reading the New York Times and half listen to what the guy is saying since it really is just about the most trivial stuff you could ever imagine complemented by idiotic questions.

Anyways, so I got an e-mail this morning saying, "I have office hours from 2:30 to 4:30 today. Stop by. Bring the guy who sits next to you." Nothing else in the e-mail, just that. Now given that there was no prior contact I want to know what the heck he wants to talk to me about so I e-mail him back because I have class on Wednesday from 9am till 6:30pm with only an hour break at 11 and obviously if this isn't really important I'm not going to miss a serious class, say Physics 589 at 2pm... I expain my scedule and ask what he wants to meet about and get this in response:

"As I am sure you probably guessed, I want to talk to you about your behavior during my lectures and 2:00 tomorrow will be fine."

Obviously, I've just told the man that I have class and two exams tommorow afternoon/night. I responded asking how my behavior was out of line and apologizing if I had offended him. And I get a final e-mail saying, "I'll see you at 2." And now I don't know what to write back... Or if to even write back.

Seriously, I mean I know the guy is a prick, I knew this even before he e-mailed me. But seriously, in a large lecture hall he is on someone's case for reading a newspaper? I mean the only other time I've talked in his class was bashing the textbook that we are using because it is about as dumb as the stupid questions that get asked, which got me a round of applause from the students and the TAs... Nothing major, but the author kept saying that economic equality is essential in a country and that you can't have freedom with out economic equality, which as a Libretarian is quite frustrating and I explained what I thought in class. *sigh* [/rant]

Cliffs
- I read NYT in class
- I tell the class that the textbook is very biased and slanted
- I get an e-mail telling me to meet with the Professor
- I can't meet at the time that he asked so I ask him via e-mail about what he wants to meet about
- The professor replies saying that I need to meet with him at 2, even though I have class and exams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a college student myself and behavior like this is completely unacceptable in an institution of higher learning. His attitude is unacceptable and I hope something is done about this for the sake of his classmates who may actually care about the money and time they spend in your class.

Thank you for your time.
:lol: if true

if not, ban.

Back