Wtf??? (Professor issues)

houston said:
go over his head in the chain of command
Works for me.
I've had a bitchy calc teacher who screwed up on my test and she would not correct it. So I went over her head and another advance Prof. Fixed it and fromt here on she was so nice to me :D

Yoda said:
When I'm in one of my other 5 classes taking up 20 credits where the material is worth spending time on. I'm not going to toot my own horn, but I'm a god damn model student when it comes to being in class. I have one class where I don't have to be completely on the ball and I want to relax a little. I guess I have to more discrete.
Thats it. You you may well be more intelligent than the professor. But college isnt always about just learning. A lot of college is just jumping through certain hoops. When I took my degree, I had to take accounting. The same entry level accounting that i took when i was in high school, it didnt teach me anything new, didnt even 'refresh' what i knew because i retained pretty much all of it.

But...its still the professor's class, still their school and if you want that piece of paper at the end of this journey, then show up, atleast act like your interested, and dont give him shit. Just be warm in the knowledge that after he gives you a passing grade, you'll most likely be making twice his income.

YODA HERES AN IDEA

He wants to talk to you so quit explaining yourself to us and go explain yourself to him.

It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out how to e-mail someone again.

So go e-mail him, tell him you would like to meet him, and tell him when you're free.

It's not that hard.

Yoda said:
When I'm in one of my other 5 classes taking up 20 credits where the material is worth spending time on. I'm not going to toot my own horn, but I'm a god damn model student when it comes to being in class. I have one class where I don't have to be completely on the ball and I want to relax a little. I guess I have to more discrete.

Just showing up doesn't cut it to be a good scholar.

Even Terri Schiavo could have "shown up". That doesn't change the fact that she was completely brain dead.

If the guy's course really is wasting your time, you should have just dropped the class and looked for one more suited to your modus operandi.

I'm not saying you're wrong for bashing the guy's textbook because your views are wrong, I'm saying it's wrong because it's counter-productive. Professors are stuck-up about this shit, they HATE when politically motivated kids call out their textbook, no matter which way they swing politically.

You little punks think you're being cool and socially motivated, but all Professor Whatshisname sees is the umpteenth billion disgruntled upstart pretending he's fighting on the front lines of the good fight against leftist subversion/fascist oppression/ethnocentric brainwashing/what-the-fuck-ever.

Save this shit for the debate team, he's not gonna listen to it and he's only ever gonna red-flag you as an upstart if you get all indignant on his ass.

I wouldnt email him again, you're just giving him more grief. What he wants is for you to be 'sorry' that you disrupted his class and disrespected him. Go to his office at HIS time, with your hat in your hands, look very sorry and apologize for your actions. It doesnt matter if you mean it, just sound like you mean it. He'll be happy, you wont catch so much heat and he wont be up your ass everytime you walk in his door.

But you can almost bet that if you go into his office and start trying to lay down the law to him, he will make your life hell in his class.

For all that shit you talk about the Wash. U freshman class being below the esteemed Wash. U standards, you really ought to consider your own literacy level.

At any rate, your post in addition to the story within lend greatly to the ever-increasing evidence that you don't get what you pay for with a lot of universities.

I know of at least 4-5 professors that would stop class and toss your ass out for reading the paper while they are teaching. They do spend time preparing and it is poor form to completely ignore them while they are lecturing.

I mean the only other time I've talked in his class was bashing the textbook that we are using because it is about as dumb as the stupid questions that get asked, which got me a round of applause from the students and the TAs... Nothing major, but the author kept saying that economic equality is essential in a country and that you can't have freedom with out economic equality, which as a Libretarian is quite frustrating and I explained what I thought in class. *sigh*
actually, you sound like a dumb cock of a student with more ego than brains.

cogzinofa said:
actually, you sound like a dumb cock of a student with more ego than brains.
see, and you sound this way because you're taking a COMPARATIVE POLITICS class and you're complaining that the text book is biased :rolleyes:

id email him back saying you have a class that you cant miss then, i think he mightve miss-read your first email with your schedule cause saying "2 will be fine" sounds like he thinks thats the only time you have a break.

is it so hard to say "no, you wont"

what does the kid next do you do, maybe he has the two of you mistaken for other people

Back