*delete* feature for TW account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the entire msg board would have been better off if this thread was locked after TRD posted and had his wish granted.

AdreNaLiNe said:
I agree, we do have some cocky assholes on these forums, and myself is definately not excluded during the T1/T2 days. At the same time, I also must disagree with the part about IE having a server. IE's server was in no shape or form as popular as our servers were (on both coasts), hosting many different types of players from the casual players to the hardcore players. We were flamed by both sides as if it were a senate meeting. We dealt with it and we stuck with our policies over the years and throughout it all. Keep in mind that we've hosted servers for multiple games in more than half a decade. I think we've put up with a lot of shit in the past and present. We did our best and I've come in here many times as Mr. PR and after a while, I just got sick of it. This also applies to many of our members and so only a handful really post in here now. My approach was simply to step away and do some interesting reads, whether it be news or politics. Vir's happens to be getting in here creating gaming drama as that entertains him.

IE server was up way before 5150 was around if I remeber right, it died out yes as you guys got fame. But for the server admin bitching, you guys caught a lot of bullshit posts about your T1 servers and I totally agree. But the point you are missing is, the admin style from then, compared to the admin style now are completely different. Back then you took a ruleset that made the games more fun for everyone except those who chose to do stupid shit like use vehicles that lagged the servers out, or oob snipe. As a community we all liked the gameplay better and thats why it was successful, not just because of your name.

In your bf2 servers, the people getting kicked are not getting kicked to garner more fun gameplay for people involved. They are getting kicked because some asshat (Read Vir) let his ego from the forums carry over because he really feels that the 5150 tag makes him untouchable. He kicks people because he doesnt want to take the time to make sure he isnt tk'ing. why? Because he knows he has admin, and because he knows he has admin he knows he doesnt have to give a fuck about anyone but you, red and the rest of the team. Thats an ego.

When you start kicking people because they have a vehicle you want, or they dont like being tk'd because YOU didnt take the time to line up your shots better doesnt garner better gameplay, it garners bitterness which then gets brought here. Why? Because the majority of people that even know your bf2 server exists are people who are from TW.

in all honestly Adren, I know how bad ass your t1 servers were, but do you think with out the TW'rs you would have more then 15 people at a time on your server? I went there last night on the west coast comp, no 5150 was there, and the majority of players there were subpar at best. If you want to give to the community and get respect back, you can not do that by having an asshole like Vir kicking anyone he feels like at anytime because he wants to the be highest scoring pilot in game.

How about Vir, you instead of kicking that guy, do what I do when I cant get a plane, fly a fucking heli or take a tank and cover a node until you notice there isnt a jet flying around then go back and grab it? Too easy to be nice for you? You would rather just be a douche bag and kick people to appease your huge ever growing ego? I guess I just dont get the mentality involved in that though process.

Jislan said:
It's too bad you want to leave, because you guys have some quality individuals that I always enjoyed playing w/ and talking to. But nobody will shed a tear over something like this man because this forum isn't even about tribes. Most of the people who played T1 are gone. It's not about respect, people here don't care about tribes accomplishments and whatnot anymore. The people who still do are the ones who are being alienated by this community, because it's not the same community any longer.

Good luck w/ bf2 and whatever other games you guys will be playing. Sucks to lose some quality posters from TW. :shrug:
You know what, video gaming respect is something that's completely illusionary anyway. We enjoyed, more or less, the respect of this forum's many past patrons. Generally, those people made up the more "elite" of Tribes competition because they were, for the most part, very intelligent. This has changed over the years, as you stated, and for the most part why my team has felt the need to disconnect from this community. It's not "our" community anymore, and it feels like merely a cesspool of individuals trying to concoct new forms of flaming.

hardluck said:
the entire msg board would have been better off if this thread was locked after TRD posted and had his wish granted.
... which is what I would've done if I didn't know people would just start another 5 threads about it, like they always do. There's a reason I don't lock threads. If its on the board, you guys are going to post about it sooner or later.

what an intresting turn of events, i really am indifferent to what has happened but since we are talking about 5150 :p .....

the only 5150 member I never got along with during T1 was Slam.

I vaguely remember us arguing over shit on the servers and even ICQ at one point. The cocky attitudes were there and I can see where people could be upset at some of the members.

No hate here, but I can understand where some people like Shadow13 are coming from.

AdreNaLiNe said:
You know what, video gaming respect is something that's completely illusionary anyway. We enjoyed, more or less, the respect of this forum's many past patrons. Generally, those people made up the more "elite" of Tribes competition because they were, for the most part, very intelligent. This has changed over the years, as you stated, and for the most part why my team has felt the need to disconnect from this community. It's not "our" community anymore, and it feels like merely a cesspool of individuals trying to concoct new forms of flaming.

actually adren I have to agree with you on that statement right here. TW has turned into more of a who can out do who in flames instead of the community it used to be... but you have to admit you, and the others on your squad who dont stop people like vir from posting here are WHY it turned into that. Because not enough people are putting a stop to their idiot members posting stupid shit that just in turn eggs on more stupid shit.

Shadow13 said:
IE server was up way before 5150 was around if I remeber right, it died out yes as you guys got fame. But for the server admin bitching, you guys caught a lot of bullshit posts about your T1 servers and I totally agree. But the point you are missing is, the admin style from then, compared to the admin style now are completely different. Back then you took a ruleset that made the games more fun for everyone except those who chose to do stupid shit like use vehicles that lagged the servers out, or oob snipe. As a community we all liked the gameplay better and thats why it was successful, not just because of your name.

In your bf2 servers, the people getting kicked are not getting kicked to garner more fun gameplay for people involved. They are getting kicked because some asshat (Read Vir) let his ego from the forums carry over because he really feels that the 5150 tag makes him untouchable. He kicks people because he doesnt want to take the time to make sure he isnt tk'ing. why? Because he knows he has admin, and because he knows he has admin he knows he doesnt have to give a fuck about anyone but you, red and the rest of the team. Thats an ego.

When you start kicking people because they have a vehicle you want, or they dont like being tk'd because YOU didnt take the time to line up your shots better doesnt garner better gameplay, it garners bitterness which then gets brought here. Why? Because the majority of people that even know your bf2 server exists are people who are from TW.

in all honestly Adren, I know how bad ass your t1 servers were, but do you think with out the TW'rs you would have more then 15 people at a time on your server? I went there last night on the west coast comp, no 5150 was there, and the majority of players there were subpar at best. If you want to give to the community and get respect back, you can not do that by having an asshole like Vir kicking anyone he feels like at anytime because he wants to the be highest scoring pilot in game.

How about Vir, you instead of kicking that guy, do what I do when I cant get a plane, fly a fucking heli or take a tank and cover a node until you notice there isnt a jet flying around then go back and grab it? Too easy to be nice for you? You would rather just be a douche bag and kick people to appease your huge ever growing ego? I guess I just dont get the mentality involved in that though process.

Shadow, you are completely missing the point man. Do you know there has been only 2 people removed from the server log by admins since BF2's release? Do you know how many people message me asking me why they were kicked? This list includes ReaListik, a member of our team. He thought admins removed him from TK'ing. The game does most of this. Vir has removed but 2 people so far, and the rest of us barely play enough to do serious admin'ing yet due to one reason or another.

This is precisely why we let the flames persist. There's no "battling" this. People have not been banned or kicked from our server, my friend. These are the same individuals that are crying about admin abuse and it wasn't even us that removed them. Why am I even explaining this to you? You and many old school Tribes players should know by now through our past that we don't blindly remove people because they stole our vehicle. That is a complete and utter lie. Some people even drag out their history with us saying they got kicked/banned this and for what reason. They claim foul play but yet never tell the whole truth.

Edit: Just so you all know, Refried and one other person has been kicked since BF2 shipped. No bans have been given. We knew refried would come post, Refried knew he would come post. We all knew and merely watched the drama unfold. There has been many lies associated with Vir and kicking people from the server for a vehicle. This has not happened in other games in the past. People are not removed from our server for Trivial reasons. We state our policies very clearly, and if we failed to do so at BF2's inception, then I apologize. :)

Last edited:
Also, quite a few people who played T1 still post on here, myself included. Yes, Tribalwar is a massive flame fest, but its still a community. I still have many friends on these boards that I talk to when I need advice on music, games, whatever and that is what TW has always been. After T1, the community split and took off in a different direction. Vir is a fucking idiot and he always has been. If starting internet drama is "fun", then someone needs to get a fucking life.

I'm pretty incredulous that anyone thinks they're making a strong statement by requesting a TW account deletion or abstaining from posting here. Its just a god damned forum and at this point if you'd like to belittle the posters here further and try and hold some kind of moral high ground by moving on like you're dumping your girlfriend, you can pretend you're deleted by clicking the little X in the upper right hand corner. I won't tell anyone, and most of you don't post here anyway.

Teknoice said:
what an intresting turn of events, i really am indifferent to what has happened but since we are talking about 5150 :p .....

the only 5150 member I never got along with during T1 was Slam.

I vaguely remember us arguing over shit on the servers and even ICQ at one point. The cocky attitudes were there and I can see where people could be upset at some of the members.

No hate here, but I can understand where some people like Shadow13 are coming from.

The only place im coming from, maybe its because of the team I play for (FTM) is that being good doesnt mean you have to be cocky. I dont ever remeber reading a thread from Darren, or Henry or anyone back in the day touting how great we are at everything we do... as a matter of fact if anyone was to ever disrespect someone in game or on these forums like that during competition we would be removed from the tribe regarldess of how "great" of a player we are.

Why? Because we love to win, but at the same time we want people to remeber us for who we are, not some bullshit statstic like a win loss record.

this forum is what you make of it. nothing more, nothing less. If you can't look past the faux flames and sarcastic humor, it's not the right place for you to be however.

AdreNaLiNe said:

So instead of just simply walking out the frontdoor, you try to be 13 year old drama whores about it?

The message that everyone has been trying to get through is that this is akin to the 'taking your ball home' syndrome, except the ball isn't something that most of the people regularly play with. If you want to do this instead of simply orchestrating a mass posting of some nws picture to spam the forums and get banned, or just leave and never log in again - that's perfectly fine. It won't stop the large amount of people laughing at you for this episode of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Rayn said:
I'm pretty incredulous that anyone thinks they're making a strong statement by requesting a TW account deletion or abstaining from posting here. Its just a god damned forum and at this point if you'd like to belittle the posters here further and try and hold some kind of moral high ground by moving on like you're dumping your girlfriend, you can pretend you're deleted by clicking the little X in the upper right hand corner. I won't tell anyone, and most of you don't post here anyway.
Rayn, it's more of a public show of support. You know I've never had trouble with you.

Archimedes said:
Also, quite a few people who played T1 still post on here, myself included. Yes, Tribalwar is a massive flame fest, but its still a community. I still have many friends on these boards that I talk to when I need advice on music, games, whatever and that is what TW has always been. After T1, the community split and took off in a different direction. Vir is a fucking idiot and he always has been. If starting internet drama is "fun", then someone needs to get a fucking life.

My thoughts exactly...I see SOME differences between now and TW in the past but to be honest it has always been a grab bag of trolls, gaming and general shit...

AdreNaLiNe said:
Shadow, you are completely missing the point man. Do you know there has been only 2 people removed from the server log by admins since BF2's release? Do you know how many people message me asking me why they were kicked? This list includes ReaListik, a member of our team. He thought admins removed him from TK'ing. The game does most of this. Vir has removed but 2 people so far, and the rest of us barely play enough to do serious admin'ing yet due to one reason or another.

This is precisely why we let the flames persist. There's no "battling" this. People have not been banned or kicked from our server, my friend. These are the same individuals that are crying about admin abuse and it wasn't even us that removed them. Why am I even explaining this to you? You and many old school Tribes players should know by now through our past that we don't blindly remove people because they stole our vehicle. That is a complete and utter lie. Some people even drag out their history with us saying they got kicked/banned this and for what reason. They claim foul play but yet never tell the whole truth.

Edit: Just so you all know, Refried and one other person has been kicked since BF2 shipped. No bans have been given. We knew refried would come post, Refried knew he would come post. We all knew and merely watched the drama unfold. There has been many lies associated with Vir and kicking people from the server for a vehicle. This has not happened in other games in the past. People are not removed from our server for Trivial reasons. We state our policies very clearly, and if we failed to do so at BF2's inception, then I apologize. :)

Then if its all a lie, I am sorry for bringing it up. But honestly its hard for me to believe something like that when you have someone like Vir posting on these forums the way he does. I know I know, he is a great guy in person, but like I said earlier how exactly can we judge people if the only way we know them is through the medium where they are being a fucking douche?

yea seriously. tw is the fucking best.

I'm tired of talking games. I did that in highschool on ogl and tw 24/7. Tw fills the hole in my life that is ...work.

so in other words your all very upset that what you knew would happen, and what you did in order to MAKE it happen, in the end....happened?

AdreNaLiNe said:
Rayn, it's more of a public show of support. You know I've never had trouble with you.
We all know you're trying to show solidarity with your gaming brethren, but it is a bit silly to request deletion of accounts. If 5150 doesn't like the community anymore, then just pack it up and leave. I think that is what everyone is trying to say.

Also, if you ever see sh1thead online, please tell him to contact me in irc. (archi|dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back