things that go bump in the night are going bump in my attic

Travelyan said:
i made this thread like a month ago and somebody bumped it ;)

if whatever was up there wanted to hurt me or hurt Us it wouldve done it by now im.. more than sure

That'd be me - I found a TW Subscription E-mail in my inbox and wanted to know what'd happened, cos the thread died without any conclusion.

ok i didnt read the rest of the thread, but a similiar thing frieked me out once..

i woke up to the sounds in my room, and they were pretty loud, im not one to wake up by noises and shit unless its constant... so i hear this shit going on my attic, and it was bout 8 months after id been robbed, and occasionaly ive heard people coming back (imo)..

so i got the shits of just turning my light on and of, and for some reason at the top of my voice yelled fuck of and proceeded to get my kendo sword out. it sounds really stupid but for some reason i thought they were in the house by that stage.

my mum was awake the whole time and laughed her arse of and said it was a possum, which after more listening, it was...

theres no point to this story except waking your household and laughing at it, i dunno.

We had a racoon in our attic, it was freaky as shit.
the thumping *might* have been it jumping over the joists in the attic.
And being night time that's when they are active.

But the magnets thing, that's just bizzare.
is it an old fridge? and does it ONLY happen when watching stuff about vietnam?

Aestis said:
And you don't own a shotgun because...?

That wouldn't work. If you shot someone who was trespassing on your property you could still be arrested for murder/attempted murder. The only way you could get away with killing someone on your own property is if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the intruder was directly threatening your life. Self-defense as it's most commonly called.

As for teh original poster, you probably have a ghost or poltergeist. Though poltergeists usually are very angry spirits capable of manipulating physical matter.

That or get a friend and both of you go up there in inspect the attic throughly.

Funny side-story : My folks found about 18 flying squirrels in their attic over the holidays. It turns out they were living up there since we moved in in 1986 and we never knew they were there.

/thebighit

what would you do if someone fucked with you in your own house

ID BUST SOME GATS

/thebighit

my dad [strike]has[/strike] had squirrels in his attic every winter but the combo of me getting a 22 air rifle on my 13th birthday among other things I used to kill the little rats and a hawk making it's nest near our house and picking squirrel babies right out of their nest took care of that.

I only once had a suspicious sound in the basement. It was a very loud "boom boom" with infrequent intervals. I was maybe 12 but my philosophy that interesting stuff never happens to me assured i wouldn't find anything special down there. It turned out something was wrong with our heating system and fequent shockwaves were about to blow off a valve cover. Gladly enough my father came and turned the shit off.

Good for you that you see ghosts and get anal probes from aliens and shit, lucky you...

ZombieAFO said:
But the magnets thing, that's just bizzare.
is it an old fridge? and does it ONLY happen when watching stuff about vietnam?

brand new fridge - and yes, that's why it's so bizarre. only when watching vietnam stuff on tv,

:-|

I once was in my house alone (or so I thought) walked upstairs to use the bathroom. The door was locked and someone was taking a very hot shower. Steam was coming through the bottom of door and i saw the shadow of someone moving inside. I asked who it was but they didn't answer. I kind of freaked after the third attempt, I knew there wasn't anyone in the house with me, pretty sure of it anyway .. I yelled loud enough for anyone to hear me. I never got a reply, I could still see their shadow moving.

Then the addict door in the middle of the hallway a few feet from me decides to lift up and move over. I stood there for a moment because curiousity told me what ever moved the door was right there but I could see anything. At this point I got the freak out. Heh

Back