[Arizona] Immigration by TF_Grungir - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Arizona] Immigration
Page 7 of 46
Thread Tools
Swensonator
Veteran++
Old
121 - 04-25-2010, 00:55
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlpo View Post
70% of Arizona Voters Favor New State Measure Cracking Down On Illegal Immigration - Rasmussen Reports

I don't believe that to be the case unless the illegal immigrants donate to the state dems.
nevermind the fact that a decent portion of the (active) az voting base are retired snowbirds that wall themselves up in retirement communities.
 
Swensonator is offline
 
Last edited by Swensonator; 04-25-2010 at 00:57..
Sponsored Links
Ezlpo
Veteran++
Old
122 - 04-25-2010, 01:01
Reply With Quote
Swen,

I shouldn't be surprised you are stoopid. You are a dem.

Couple things. First, your point doesn't support that this law will help the dems in the next election.

Secondly, almost all the snow birds are gone. This was a telephone poll which means the pollsters called AZ numbers. Now it is possible a few snow birds keep their phone service active in their house year-round but even less would forward that number to their permanent residence.

Finally, what is your source for the claim that many snow birds register to vote in AZ. By doing that they would open themselves up to contempt of court for not showing up for jury duty.
 
Ezlpo is offline
 
Swensonator
Veteran++
Old
123 - 04-25-2010, 01:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlpo View Post
Swen,

I shouldn't be surprised you are stoopid. You are a dem.
I registered as independent actually. You might be able to call me an arizona dem, because I'm pro gun rights, immigration reform, but for healthcare and financial reform. Attempting to give dems the monopoly on stupidity is beyond hilarious.

Quote:
Couple things. First, your point doesn't support that this law will help the dems in the next election.
When did I say it will help the dems?

Quote:
Secondly, almost all the snow birds are gone.
When was the last time you took a stroll through Sun City? Peoria? North Phoenix?

Quote:
This was a telephone poll which means the pollsters called AZ numbers. Now it is possible a few snow birds keep their phone service active in their house year-round but even less would forward that number to their permanent residence.
When was the last time you were called to participate in a poll? I never have been. Who do these pollsters call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlpo View Post
Finally, what is your source for the claim that many snow birds register to vote in AZ. By doing that they would open themselves up to contempt of court for not showing up for jury duty.
Very few would be in contempt, because it's easy to defer jury duty or be disqualified.
 
Swensonator is offline
 
Last edited by Swensonator; 04-25-2010 at 01:13..
whoever
VeteranX
Old
124 - 04-25-2010, 01:13
Reply With Quote
The Snow birds Im assuming are the ol'e folks?
 
whoever is offline
 
Swensonator
Veteran++
Old
125 - 04-25-2010, 01:15
Reply With Quote
Arizona has about an approximate elderly voting bracket of 20-25% last time I checked election demographics. In addition to that lots of old folks own winter homes to come and enjoy the 60-70 degree winters every year. Some are registered az voters, some arent.
 
Swensonator is offline
 
TF_Grungir
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
126 - 04-25-2010, 01:21
Reply With Quote
so because the vast majority of illegals in a border state happen to be hispanic, the law is illegal? Its not racism if its a fact. Im sure there will be overzealous cops but you can just not do anything because of the color of a persons skin. The race card works both ways... or at least it should.
The issue is with the enforcement, not the law.
 
TF_Grungir is online now
 
jayvee
VeteranX
Old
127 - 04-25-2010, 01:27
Reply With Quote
If race/ethnicity are grounds for suspicion--then this law will go to court. If it were just something that was enforced at traffic stops (closing a street and checking everyone/no profiling) or in addition to an already occurring cause for suspicion, then I see no issue.
 
jayvee is offline
 
triple
VeteranXV
Old
128 - 04-25-2010, 01:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
This isn't true. If you hold a valid drivers license, you can't be cited for not having it on your person when you drive.
ahahahaha.

ok, you can't get cited, except I did, for that exact offense.

you absolutely can be cited for not having a DL on you. I know this first hand.
 
triple is online now
 
Nevearion
VeteranX
Old
129 - 04-25-2010, 01:31
Reply With Quote
The only reason so many people favor this law is because so many idiots think that the mexicans are stealing their jobs. That notion is completely laughable. Then again so many people seem to think ARRA did absolutely nothing. People are pissed off and want to take it out on something. The best policy would be to make getting citizenship significantly easier and get as many young people into the country as possible and get them to pay taxes (ideally those who come to the US for college/grad school). That would keep social security and medicare going for much longer. Of course that wouldn't be supported because of the jobs aspect.

There's no question this bill has constitutional issues, but that's not ultimately what people care about (contrary to what they might say).
 
Nevearion is offline
 
absent
VeteranXV
Old
130 - 04-25-2010, 01:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevearion View Post
The only reason so many people favor this law is because so many idiots think that the mexicans are stealing their jobs.
Yeah, what a ridiculous notion. Big Business will not hire 4 Mexican ****skins for 5 bucks an hour if they can hire a White man to do it for 20 bucks an hour!
 
absent is offline
 
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
131 - 04-25-2010, 01:34
Reply With Quote
keep them the **** out.
 
Rayn is offline
 
ptavv
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
132 - 04-25-2010, 01:36
Reply With Quote
what a surprise

this thread is filled with ignorant racists who still believe illegal immigration is bad for this country
 
ptavv is offline
 
ptavv
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
133 - 04-25-2010, 01:36
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
keep them the **** out.
okay strom thurmond
 
ptavv is offline
 
Nevearion
VeteranX
Old
134 - 04-25-2010, 01:41
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_Grungir View Post
The issue is with the enforcement, not the law.
Death panels, health care for illegal immigrants, and abortions. I hope you didn't use any of these arguments for being against the health overhaul. But if you did you are a ****ing hypocrite. Every law is only as good as it can be enforced. Or so the Republicans have been crying for the past year. If this bill has poor enforcement potential then I'd hope you wouldn't take a double standard on it.

Also, the first illegal immigrant who gets deported after the bill is implemented is going to have the case brought by the ACLU and will attempt to get it to SCOTUS. That probably won't take very long.

There are some good parts to the law such as targeting employers, but that is kidn of outlawed by the negative aspects.
 
Nevearion is offline
 
absent
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 04-25-2010, 01:41
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
what a surprise

this thread is filled with ignorant racists who still believe illegal immigration is bad for this country
Yeah, millions of non-Whites flooding the nation can't be a bad thing...

Ptavv - another typical, sheltered, upper middle-class white collar geek who grew up in a totally White neighborhood, went to totally White schools and lives in a White community right now but can't stop recommending colored people to others.

A person's tolerance for 'diversity' is directly related to their distance from it.
 
absent is offline
 
Ksera
VeteranX
Old
136 - 04-25-2010, 01:42
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swensonator View Post
I'm not sure you're connecting the dots.

Cops wont, or will rarely ask me for proof of citizenship because I'm white. If you're hispanic more often than not you're going to be asked to show proof of citizenship, hence the charges of racism.
See this is the beauty of the law. The next time I am pulled over and my wife and family is in the car, and the officer does not ask for their identification, I am going to sue.

Because they are not equally enforcing the law. By asking for my identification, they are selectively enforcing immigration.

Quote:
Allows a person who is a legal resident of this state to bring an action in superior court to challenge officials and agencies of the state, counties, cities, towns or other political subdivisions that adopt or implement a policy that limits or restricts the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law.

Requires the court to order any that a violating entity pays a civil penalty of at least $1,000 and not to exceed $5,000 for each day that the policy has remained in effect after it has been found to be violating these provisions.
**** them if they think this law wont eat up tax payer funds.
 
Ksera is offline
 
Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
137 - 04-25-2010, 01:43
Reply With Quote
Ok so if all democrats are stupid, I'm exempt, right?
I'm not a democrat, so by your logic I'm not stupid. I hope.
 
Vanster is offline
 
Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
138 - 04-25-2010, 01:44
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
A person's tolerance for 'diversity' is directly related to their distance from it.
That's one of the coolest things you've ever said.
Is the pod running? I may need some pod time.
 
Vanster is offline
 
absent
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 04-25-2010, 01:45
Reply With Quote
Dunno. We can pod quick!
 
absent is offline
 
ScooBySnaCk
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
140 - 04-25-2010, 01:45
Reply With Quote
whats wrong about this? Come into a country the proper way..
 
ScooBySnaCk is offline
 
Page 7 of 46
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Arizona] Immigration

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dey took our jerbs , gimme back my son , ptavv eats poop , te chichi es grande , they took my jobs , they took my son , yo quiero taco bell


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:43.