Old
241 - 01-12-2018, 18:53
soss

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
242 - 01-12-2018, 20:13
MAXXcarnage tricked me into drinking TWO oyster hot sauce shot glass alcohol things

blech

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
243 - 01-18-2018, 15:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MICQb4QW448

What a god damn legend.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
244 - 01-18-2018, 18:09
I have not had the pleasure of trying Secret Aardvark Habanero until finding out about it in this thread. Thank you TW.

****ing awesome.

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
245 - 01-18-2018, 23:25
Tapatio makes coffee more better.

I've been cooking almost everything with this chili garlic sauce lately.

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
246 - 01-19-2018, 16:34

My order coming in today. This is my third order for Dirty Dick's (lul) and it has grown to be one of my personal favorites. I'll have some insight on the others I haven't had before in a few days.

Stryker
VeteranXX
Old
247 - 01-20-2018, 11:54
Finally got it. It's constantly back ordered.
Holy **** is this stuff hot. Fortified sauces could be hotter than The Last Dab but it has such a unique flavor it really stands apart.
This is a great sauce

https://heatonist.com/collections/ho...t=378416136201

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
248 - 04-10-2018, 12:36
Just tried Trader Joe's habanero hot sauce. Good flavor and good heat. It's my new favorite.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
249 - 04-10-2018, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
I have not had the pleasure of trying Secret Aardvark Habanero until finding out about it in this thread. Thank you TW.

****ing awesome.
Yeah, it's good as a mild, I like it as well. It's different from Tabasco sauces because it's not vinegar based but more like pasta sauce with a kick. It won't burn your mouth off and has great flavor. I'll probably buy another bottle.

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
250 - 04-18-2018, 12:23
I was looking for a serrano lime sauce and came across these.

https://www.silagysauce.com/shop-1/

I bought both. Will respond with result.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
251 - 04-18-2018, 13:59
woah those look awesome

will wait for results

I am really lacking on my hot sauce. I generally make it but then my wife got me a fermentation kit so I've been focusing more on that (made kimchi on Monday)

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
252 - 04-18-2018, 14:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
woah those look awesome

will wait for results

I am really lacking on my hot sauce. I generally make it but then my wife got me a fermentation kit so I've been focusing more on that (made kimchi on Monday)
Have you tried making fermented hot sauce? I did it with a batch of jalafuegos and it made a nice complex flavor while mellowing the spice.

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
253 - 04-18-2018, 14:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
MAXXcarnage tricked me into drinking TWO oyster hot sauce shot glass alcohol things

blech
This did happen. They were delicious.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
254 - 04-18-2018, 15:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumDumpin View Post
Have you tried making fermented hot sauce? I did it with a batch of jalafuegos and it made a nice complex flavor while mellowing the spice.
I'm still figuring out the basics

I thought it would be simple but I have ****ed up too much already, always too salty

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
255 - 04-18-2018, 16:04
Quote:
I'm still figuring out the basics

I thought it would be simple but I have ****ed up too much already, always too salty
I always salt to taste instead of relying on recipe b/c every batch of peppers is slightly different with water content/pulp/etc when making a non-fermented canned batch of hot sauce

The fermentation process is a bit different from typical hot sauce making though, check the quote below

Quote:
In stage one of lacto-fermentation, vegetables are submerged in a brine that is salty enough to kill off harmful bacteria. The Lactobacillus good guys survive this stage and begin stage two.

In stage two of lacto-fermentation, the Lactobacillus organisms begin converting lactose and other sugars present in the food into lactic acid. This creates an acidic environment that safely preserves the vegetables ***8211; and gives lacto-fermented foods their classic tangy flavor.
Easy Lacto-Fermented Hot Sauce - Fermented Food Lab

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
256 - 04-18-2018, 16:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumDumpin View Post
I always salt to taste instead of relying on recipe b/c every batch of peppers is slightly different with water content/pulp/etc when making a non-fermented canned batch of hot sauce

The fermentation process is a bit different from typical hot sauce making though, check the quote below
yeah but some of the recipes I see don't use a brine at all. Sometimes it is just adding salt the the veggie at the time.

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
257 - 04-18-2018, 16:08
Ya, be careful when experimenting with this stuff. Botulism can kill you or make you wish you were dead. Safety first.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
258 - 04-18-2018, 16:09
Quote:
yeah but some of the recipes I see don't use a brine at all. Sometimes it is just adding salt the the veggie at the time.
Typically when you salt the veggies the osmotic pressure forces water out of them and tends to submerge them in their own juices, but if there are large gaps between them (like in slices of pepper) you might need to give it a hand by salting a brine and submerging them to get complete coverage

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
259 - 04-22-2018, 17:55

Both have good color, texture, and really good flavor but disappointed with not enough heat. The habanero has a very mild heat and deep smokey flavor but not what you’d expect from a hot pepper. The serrano has absolutely no heat at all. The consistency of both is similar to restaurant salsa served warm in a bowl. Both would be excellent with some warmed chips.

Where’s the heat, yo? Bring me the heat.

I'm going to email them to check if they’ve got anything many times hotter. You never know what they’ve been experimenting with.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
260 - 04-22-2018, 18:10
had a beer made with carolina reapers 2day, was excellent

Page 13 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot Sauce Thread

Social Website Bullshit