Hey Sierra, Release T2 Gold For Free Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
i actually enjoyed playing classic...the one thing that would make this game good is if speed caps could be done away with

When I heard of Starsiege Tribes, I was reluctant to even try it. I thought the game was about Indians running around chucking spears at one another. I also was a RPG-player, not a FPS-player at the time.

But then I saw two things I liked: jetpacks and jets. Who -doesn't- like a game with jetpacks and jets? Tribes 1 vehicles were quite primitive, yet they were the one thing that kept me playing the game since my friend and I would always play a game of Scarabrae as an LPC heavy-light team.

Tribes 2 came and made all of the stuff we loved even better with the awesome vehicles. Every time one of my avid-UT/CS friends see me playing T2, they start asking tons of questions and get excited about the game. They even have a blast for the five minutes they get to play where they barely know how to use the jetpacks and fly a shrike.

Now think, how many people actually go out and buy it? I've known a lot of people who loved the idea of Tribes, but never took the initiative to go out and buy the game when they think they can get a warez version just as easily. Yet, they can't.

I bought Tribes 2 from my experience of playing that old copied version of Tribes. I'm sure many, many others would do the same for T:V if they had a chance to experience the unique gameplay of T2.

As for speed caps, I love them. I simply hated how any Joe Schmoe could go ski to the enemy base in a heavy and no one could stop him at his velocity. It's a team-based game, people should help one another if they want to win. I don't play Tribes to be the hero-of-the-day, I play so I can work with others.

yea kefka hit the nail on the head. When I first heard of tribes from (Coke.aka.hollyhonkers.aka.snap-on.. etc. you know.. the short gaseous redheaded kid)he wanted me to play i think, but i thought it was some gay rpg or something (It IS called tribes...) so i didn't play it for a long time, until i saw him playing at his house and thought to myself.. 'wtf.. THAT is tribes?'

If it werent for him, i wouldnta ever bought a game called 'tribes' i mean.. come on..

In addition to the great things that have been said about T2, I think the T2 + Free-to-download chemistry would be explosively positive for both Tribes 2 and T:V.

Then top it off with a $39.99 price tag on T:V and Sierra will be back in the FPS hunt with a real, as opposed to metaphorical, vengeance.

rilkean panther said:
In addition to the great things that have been said about T2, I think the T2 + Free-to-download chemistry would be explosively positive for both Tribes 2 and T:V.
No shit. The "free-to-download chemistry" put RTCW:ET and America's Army in the top 5 most active games according to GameSpy.

On a related note, anyone know anybody running an Unreal Tournament server? How about trying to talk them into swapping it for a REAL game? They've got 2,453 servers and ONLY 2,228 players. Sure it has more players than either Tribes game, but damn, that's ridiculous.

rilkean panther said:
Then top it off with a $39.99 price tag on T:V and Sierra will be back in the FPS hunt with a real, as opposed to metaphorical, vengeance.
:rofl:, you must be kidding. $39.99? Do you want to insure that we don't turn a profit and therefor never make another Tribes game? Consider this: The price of games has not gone up in the past 8 years. The cost of making a game has gone up by a factor of 10 in that same time. I think it unlikely that we will lower the price of games any time soon. Compared to a movie you only need to play a game for 10-12 hours for it to be a good deal (movies = ~$4/hr to $5/hr). If anything you'll probably see more games moving to $59.95 per copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back