So is anyone playing this shit anymore?

this is wow players

SVqi5.gif

i am the dildo

any questions?

Last edited:
Is it me or do WoW players get butt-hurt a lot more easily now? I have a two-sentence exchange with a guildie in regards to who is organizing the second 10m core and he calls it an "argument" and now he's whining to the GM to give him control of the core. And seriously when did politeness become paramount on the interwebz?

Is it me or do WoW players get butt-hurt a lot more easily now? I have a two-sentence exchange with a guildie in regards to who is organizing the second 10m core and he calls it an "argument" and now he's whining to the GM to give him control of the core. And seriously when did politeness become paramount on the interwebz?

This is totally true. Except you used "paramount" incorrectly.

But yeah, for some reason people who play wow are super irritable and bitchy.

I refuse to play with immature jackasses. This is exceptionally hard during the summer when every 12 year old is playing.

Fine, I used "paramount" wrong.

In my dealings thus far most guilds now revolve around one "core" group who generally becomes socially "elitist" in they will only look for the core players participation in lieu of anyone else. Found this tends to turn off any potential recruits because they get the feeling of being shut out. Least that's what I'm dealing with right now, of course it gets compounded by the other more common point which is lack of stable communication. A lot I found don't use forums, or guild events or calendar invites, and everything is either implied, assumed, or already known. It's either the MotD (if that) or a few know each other IRL and text/call one another.

But yeah, the whole thing about getting butt-hurt too easily is pretty ridiculous. Manners is the LAST thing I would expect to find on the internet.

Fine, I used "paramount" wrong.

In my dealings thus far most guilds now revolve around one "core" group who generally becomes socially "elitist" in they will only look for the core players participation in lieu of anyone else. Found this tends to turn off any potential recruits because they get the feeling of being shut out. Least that's what I'm dealing with right now, of course it gets compounded by the other more common point which is lack of stable communication. A lot I found don't use forums, or guild events or calendar invites, and everything is either implied, assumed, or already known. It's either the MotD (if that) or a few know each other IRL and text/call one another.

Was just pokin' fun at the "paramount" thing :)

But yeah, you make a good point. We have 2 10-man raiding teams right now: an A-team and a B-team. I'm on the A-team, and we raid 9 hours per week. The only other time I play is to cap Valor Points. When I play, I really don't want to waste time doing anything other than capping Valor, which means I don't really want to run old instances with the other guildies to get them achievements, or whatever.

I think we have a super nice crowd in our guild, and some people might mistake my attitude as "elitism." But honestly, 9 hours a week is a lot, and I don't want to waste time playing if I don't have to. If I get to play more than 9 hours plus valor-capping time (another ~3 hours), I do some PVP or play my alt.

Anyway, point is the harder-core members of the guild usually are only there to raid, and otherwise are bored of the game.

Unless you're into mount-collecting or some bullshit like that. God what a waste of time.

Well my term is from this present guild. There is a core of 10 and that is fine, but they pretty much only do stuff with each other and only look for others if some of that core isn't present. I know they have their FL runs and they have an alt run for FL, but it is still the same 10 people. The only time I see them ask for "outsiders" is when they need bodies to replace absentees. It compounds further when there's no website, forum, MotD, that says when raids are. Seems the core only know and there's no other way to tell. Even the older recruits I talked to didn't even know when they raided unless they were actually raiding. So you have the core who are all buddy-buddy and such, and you have the rest of the recruits who are more like "outsiders" where we generally fend for outselves.

Even then, like my predecessor, there has been little assistance or help in founding the second core. They just said, "yeah go ahead and do it" and went back to raiding/RBGs. I really don't care as much now because I have come to know the other recruits making up the second core and it will hit the fan if it succeeds and the originals start mettling.

Sometimes I get the feeling it is this very concept that kills guilds. You have a core, it is great and fun and shit gets done but each person is almost like a keystone. As soon as one or more gets bored, can't play, leaves for whatever reason, then the whole group goes into a slow down-spiral whereby they cannot find a replacement or any they find won't stand up to their overly-high standards.

Yeah, we have a core 10 and only fill if someone is absent. This is the great dilemma with raiding guilds: you need good, alternate raiders, but you want to keep your roster consistent so that people LEARN the fights. And so those alternates get bored and leave or stop playing.

As it stands right now, we have ~1-2 people we are comfortable picking up at a moment's notice, and another 3-4 which we would "fill in" just for the sake of filling a body. It really comes down to who our most consistent raiders are.

Shitty thing is, 10-mans are far less-forgiving than 25-mans. If you have to sub 1 tank or 1 healer, you're fucked. DPS you MAYBE have some leeway and can sub in someone.

Anyway, it sounds like your guild is being a bunch of dicks, but I assure you there is a dilemma with raiders and attendance, experience, and gear from being consistent.

Also, our website is only used by the core raid team to discuss strats. We don't have people who "hang out" there or anything. The only sense of camaraderie within the guild is from guild chat and maybe running some dungeons and whatnot.

Maybe they are dicks, maybe they are not (the core feral bear gives off a very faint hint of elitism, despite learning more about being a bear from him) but I'm here to raid, and if they don't let me in and let me run a second core then fine. I really won't care unless something happens where I get up and running and they start poking around my core (either for "better" people for their core or to aid in a 25-merge) then shit will hit the fan.

The vibe I get from firelands is once again, 10s are easier than 25s despite being less forgiving on rosters/attendence. I did get my hunter into a 25 that was a collab between two guilds with a couple of puggers. After wiping on Shannox I don't even know how may times it was called. Mainly because people kept stepping on traps the whole time. Think around 25% was the best we did that night.

You newbs are weak. Back in the day trying to get 40 people in place at one time to raid was harder than the actual raid. I don't know how we ever got shit done.

You newbs are weak. Back in the day trying to get 40 people in place at one time to raid was harder than the actual raid. I don't know how we ever got shit done.

Just getting 40 people attuned to even be able to walk in the front door was a challenge requiring whole guilds.

At least on my realm they are. Helping out in many small guilds and watch painfully as people in ilvl-359 gear failing miserably on T11 content even with a 20% nerf across the board to it.

Presently I'm on the 3rd week of making a 10-core for FL. Ultimately people either a. don't feel like showing up or b. not willing to/being able to pull their weight when they do show up. I'm pretty sure if they reverted everything to tank-and-spank people would still find it difficult.

Back