Post your Shadowbane names/servers here. by nostratic - Page 16 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.
Page 16 of 30
ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
301 - 04-01-2003, 13:09
I can't remember the actual words they use, so I'm using my own definitions:

Ability points are the ones that you can improve your attributes with (STR, CON, INT, SPI).

Training points are the ones that you use to improve your actual skills.

Sponsored Links
MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
302 - 04-01-2003, 13:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Someone was selling a +5 int rune +20 max int but I didn't get a price... I saw people asking for a 80%+ dagger... I have one... how much should I sell an 82% dagger for?
82%? you mean +82 to attack rating? make up a price .

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
303 - 04-01-2003, 13:10
From what I understand, you can replace runes with runes that upgrade existing ones. Like you can replace a +1/+3 INT rune with a +5/+20 INT rune. I don't think you can remove them once they've been equipped.

Aestis
VeteranXX
Old
304 - 04-01-2003, 13:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
I can't remember the actual words they use, so I'm using my own definitions:

Ability points are the ones that you can improve your attributes with (STR, CON, INT, SPI).

Training points are the ones that you use to improve your actual skills.
Oh ****, so to use a rune I am going to have to save up the points for my level that I put into int... can you get rid of runes and get points back? I chose ****ty runes in the beginning

Also, what is the system for getting those points? I used to get 5 a level, now I get 4 a level, and now I need them mroe than anything

Aestis
VeteranXX
Old
305 - 04-01-2003, 13:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL
82%? you mean +82 to attack rating? make up a price .
Skill required 80%? Is that what that means?

Shade
VeteranX
Old
306 - 04-01-2003, 13:12
Acro
Death Server

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
307 - 04-01-2003, 13:12
Quote:
Also, how does my rank in thaumaturgy affect all my spells in general? Is is a spells effectiveness determined only by the rank of that spell? Training is incredibly expensive now and my gear sucks

Also, I already have light armor up to around 41... but now I have medium armor available as a trainable skill. Should I go ahead and focus on medium armor for the added defense or should I keep up with the light armor since I have already put some points into it?

Thanks in advance
i think youve already gimped yourself somewhat. you have no need for armor skills IMO. You have speels to augment your defense, plus, youre not a tank anyways. You would be wasting a LOT of points trying to build up your armor to a point where it might help you against assasins laer in the game. Points that IMO would better serve you in other skills.

If you do decide to put points in an armor specialty ONLY choose one type of armor.

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
308 - 04-01-2003, 13:13
Yeah, you'll have to save some up if you want to apply a new rune.

From 10-20 I got 5 points/level. From 21-29 I've gotten 4/level. I'm guessing the pattern will continue thru the 30's and 40's too...

Aestis
VeteranXX
Old
309 - 04-01-2003, 13:14
Quote:
i think youve already gimped yourself somewhat. you have no need for armor skills IMO. You have speels to augment your defense, plus, youre not a tank anyways. You would be wasting a LOT of points trying to build up your armor to a point where it might help you against assasins laer in the game. Points that IMO would better serve you in other skills.

If you do decide to put points in an armor specialty ONLY choose one type of armor.
imo you can't be gimped, having higher armor skills so my guy can wear better armor will be helpful in that he will have a higher defense and that will end up being a good thing. Maybe one spell won't be as powerful, but having better armor will compensate in some way

Aestis
VeteranXX
Old
310 - 04-01-2003, 13:14
Quote:
Yeah, you'll have to save some up if you want to apply a new rune.

From 10-20 I got 5 points/level. From 21-29 I've gotten 4/level. I'm guessing the pattern will continue thru the 30's and 40's too...
Damn, it's gonna be a ***** to get more intelligence then

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
311 - 04-01-2003, 13:14
Quote:
Skill required 80%? Is that what that means?
hmm what is a that a ballisard? 80% skill required i mean, its not that valuable if its just a plain old dagger. i have a ballisard thats +7 damage and very fast attack, paid some good coin for it too =(.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
312 - 04-01-2003, 13:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman
Got a 27 druid.
Do you like it? I was thinking of making one. I want a healer type who isn't going to be helpless in PVP.

Aestis
VeteranXX
Old
313 - 04-01-2003, 13:15
Quote:
hmm what is a that a ballisard? 80% skill required i mean, its not that valuable if its just a plain old dagger. i have a ballisard thats +7 damage and very fast attack, paid some good coin for it too =(.
It's a very fast dagger dropped off some named mob, a stiletto?

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
314 - 04-01-2003, 13:15
I thought one of the benefits of channelers was that they could wear armor. I don't think that's a gimp...

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
315 - 04-01-2003, 13:18
Quote:
imo you can't be gimped, having higher armor skills so my guy can wear better armor will be helpful in that he will have a higher defense and that will end up being a good thing. Maybe one spell won't be as powerful, but having better armor will compensate in some way
not really bro, youll never have your armor skill high enough to where say an assasin like myself will miss you. When i get in the 20s and 30s my backstab will have an attack rating in the 600 to 700 range. Unless you go grandmaster in light armor and have some extremely high end light armor (or whatever armor you choose) im still going to connect.

Where ass if you grand master in some root spell or a nuke you may be able to take me out/neutrilize me very quicly. Or you could grand master in your armor spell which will probably give you a better defense than normal armor anyways.

IMO building your caster with defense in mind is wrong since yourjob in PVP wont be defense. its not your job to take hits, its your job to dish out the pain.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
316 - 04-01-2003, 13:19
Quote:
It's a very fast dagger dropped off some named mob, a stiletto?
hmmm, cool never heard of those.

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
317 - 04-01-2003, 13:20
I need to get me one of those stilettos

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
318 - 04-01-2003, 13:21
Quote:
I need to get me one of those stilettos
i wish there was some item info guide somewhere that lists the base damages and speeds for all types of weapons. Ive no idea what the uber daggers are.

what do stilettos hit for anyways?

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
319 - 04-01-2003, 13:21
Ok, maxing con early is good because you'll have more HP/Stam later in the game than if you waited.

Yuo do not get the same benefit from dumping points in after 20 as you do before 20.

Maxing dex first doesn't matter. Sure you'll hit more now, but you'd hit for the same amount later if you waited.

I brought int up to 80 and whored con until level 20. I was dumping a bit into dex along the way too but it wasn't my focus. I made level 20 in only a few days with no problem.

Now I'm level 25 with maxxed dex, I hit like a truck and I have good hp/stam.

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
320 - 04-01-2003, 13:23
4-14, very fast. Same damage as a Katar, but quicker and lighter.

Page 16 of 30

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Social Website Bullshit