Need a Tribes OGL Historian

DiSk said:
LoL.. No one in s3 used something that could be considered an early version of happy mod? Not even one of it's all star players? (I've said too much).

sorry but I've seen great players in action first hand. I don't buy 'omg they cheated cuz I said they did teehee' unless you have something to back it up. Some people have really really good flag awareness. Quit the dickwaving unless you want to back up your bullshit.

Lotus said:
i never gained axx to this script pack. sounds like bs to me unless they thought i wasn't trustworthy. i'm totally not btw.

i

i do believe it was prior to your joining, like something that gigafool or scooby (lol) would have had back in early '99

I think HaPpY still posts around here under a different name. He could probably tell you himself how it all went down.

My recollection is this:

NuTz started out as a small team. I think I was the 11th member to join. Back then we were a bunch of nobodies. NuTzXXX@Honduras, Darwinz|NuTz, Rojo Jolly, liquidh20, and maybe a guy named Wild Dog were some of the first members. I'm pretty sure HaPpY was the 10th member. We worked hard on things and only admitted solid players. We eventually joined the ladder and moved up. I think we were undefeated when we beat Tsunami to enter the OGL top 10.

As we got bigger, we started attracting bigger names. We got Warwitch (who had been with [IE]), CrAzY^DoG (who had been with DP), Pepsi and Coke (who had been with {IR}), and a few other guys. We also continued to pick up some solid unknown players like MadCat (not the chick) and gimmecookie. I think this is about when we played =S3= real tough. After that loss, most of the old guard moved on to other things.

That's probably about the time when the cheating began. I don't remember exactly when it was, but I was eventually shown HappyFlag. I gave it a test spin on a pub and uninstalled it. The cheating just got worse though. Warwitch moved on, leaving full leadership duties to sKILLz and Kirk (Coke and Pepsi). They eventually brough in Entrophy, who was also a pretty wicked programmer. I really wasn't initially made privvy to what was going on (a lot of the NuTz members were left in the dark), but HaPpY and Entrophy were going nuts with the hacks. I was eventually told about the stuff they were doing, but I honestly didn't follow it closely or use any of it. I don't know to what extent the stuff was distributed and who used it. No one really talked about it.

I think by the time we played 5150 on that one dark map with the huge rolling hills, a lot of the guys were cheating. I think they were using some sort of autobeacon thing, but like I said, I really wasn't involved with that stuff.

At some point I became fairly inactive and my memories of this stuff kind of melds into one Wolfpack/NuTz/T2 haze. I don't know what kind of cheating was going on in those days, but I'm pretty sure nofog was available (I actually didn't use it, even on obsfuscation).

it's so sickening!!!

i would like to know how this disk person knows so much for being a nobody.

i mean were you friends w/ s3 players...namely wannabe rejects that never made it onto the team?

-cyanide- said:
S3 vs. 5150 on CoN

coolio claimed to have used "wax paper" and "crayons" to draw spam points

later found to be "shiva"

:lol:

yeah obfs and CoN made it pretty obvious who had nofog

Last edited:
i remember when coolio banned my entire team (doctors at the time) from S3's servers because i called him ugly or something

that guy was totally fuckin insane

Arjay said:
remember when horka thane got beat down by chronic warrior in the duel tourney... good stuff

lol yeah. I remember that. I don't remember how Horka explained that in the official tribes forums but I'm sure it would have been priceless. That guy was like, walking social commentary.

Arjay said:
sorry but I've seen great players in action first hand. I don't buy 'omg they cheated cuz I said they did teehee' unless you have something to back it up. Some people have really really good flag awareness. Quit the dickwaving unless you want to back up your bullshit.

rofl. I have tons to back it up... you know... after watching them play and looking over their monitors while they played and having even played with them. Spare me. People know virtually nothing of what "really" goes on.

DiSk said:
rofl. I have tons to back it up... you know... after watching them play and looking over their monitors while they played and having even played with them. Spare me. People know virtually nothing of what "really" goes on.

THEN FUCKING POST SOME PROOF. God damn, do you not understand what dickwaving is?

edit: fuck beaten... and i cant spell wehn ANRYG

Arjay said:
THAN FUCKING POST SOME PROOF. God damn, do you not understand what dickwaving is?

edit: fuck beaten... and i cant spell wehn ANRYG

lol.. yes i know what it is.. and yes i know how fun it is. My mouth is closed until tribes is unplayable. Sorry. Believe what you want but i assure you that your "knowledge" is very incorrect.

Back