the chicago white sox (krakbaby predicts the series 5 months out)

x0lent said:
The White Sox are my non-hometown MLB team... the Blue Jays are my favourite.

Go Jays!

I'll be happy if the Jays keep it above 500 this year. Its nice to see them winning some games against good teams.

Are they playing at the Rogers Center this weekend? Would be cool if they pulled out the red uniforms ;)

I will first say I am a Chi Sox fan. Now do me a favor and look at the freaking bat avg of the starters. Shit early in the week Paul "slow as ass" K and Dye were sub .200. As much as Paul runs his mouth the guy should fucking hit at least .280 or stfu. Plain and simple the team is on the back of the pitching and Podsednik. The would have not lost some of the close games they did this far without that asian closer pissing them away.

I think pitching will cool off. The lack of runs outside of Podse will show up and bite them. They will win the central still because the rest of the teams are ass (Min can only throw their ace so many times). They get rolled by a team with bankroll in the post season. This can change if they actually take advantage of the record and get some hitters before the trade cutoff.

Sanchez said:
I'll be happy if the Jays keep it above 500 this year. Its nice to see them winning some games against good teams.

Are they playing at the Rogers Center this weekend? Would be cool if they pulled out the red uniforms ;)

I'm gonna head down to the $2 game against BOS on Tuesday with a few buds.

Freddy Garcia will implode, probably sometime after the all-star break. I watched him do it for years in Seattle.

{X}Hitman said:
I will first say I am a Chi Sox fan. Now do me a favor and look at the freaking bat avg of the starters. Shit early in the week Paul "slow as ass" K and Dye were sub .200. As much as Paul runs his mouth the guy should fucking hit at least .280 or stfu. Plain and simple the team is on the back of the pitching and Podsednik. The would have not lost some of the close games they did this far without that asian closer pissing them away.

I think pitching will cool off. The lack of runs outside of Podse will show up and bite them. They will win the central still because the rest of the teams are ass (Min can only throw their ace so many times). They get rolled by a team with bankroll in the post season. This can change if they actually take advantage of the record and get some hitters before the trade cutoff.

The pitching will not cool off. Maybe a few slumps here and there, but aside from Contreras the starting 5 have got their shit down, not to mention we have 2 good closers (3 if you want to count Marte). There are 3 starters in the MLB that have 7 wins, 2 are on the ChiSox.

Konerko may only be batting ~200 but he has 30 RBI's, Everett's only batting ~250 but he has 27 RBI's. That's timely hitting. I think the bats will come around, and the pitching will stay relatively consistent.

They played TB/Det/Tor/KC 8 of 18 games this month not to mention Texas which has no starting pitching. In April 18 of 24 games were against losing teams which include 6 vs. Cleveland, 3 vs. Seattle, 2 vs. Detroit, 3 vs. KC, and 3 vs. Oakland. The Yankees played Oakland and Seattle and steam rolled them, they had a better record against the same shitty teams, I hate the Yankees, but you can base an opinion on the White Sox off the Yankees last few games because they played some of the same teams and the Yankees are down near the cellar in their division. When the White Sox have to play some of the better teams near the end of their schedule and the Angels right around the corner that will do the talking, April & May are nothing in the scheme of the season.

17 teams in the MLB are below .525
Give 5 wins to Cleveland they are above .500 (Faced Sox 6 times in April)
Give 2 wins to Detroit they are above .500 (Faced Sox 2 times in April)

And anyone who writes off games early in the season is an idiot. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. In August when teams are racing to catch up to that 3 game deficit managers are kicking themselves for losing games they should've won earlier in the season.

You're just a homer, I love the Angels and their in first place but its still too early to say they are the best at anything, they are near the bottom in batting but they are still atop their division.

First of they're not "their" in first place in their division. (Angels)
And like I said their batting is struggling but they will come around, and yes the Sox are atop their division, the AL, and the MLB. And I never said they were the best at anything. Just pointed to statistical evidence.

good thing there is still 120 games left im sure they will get those clutch hits all year long with their horrible batting averages they have...and the sox do real well after the all-star break...makes them the team to beat in october ;]

Do you really believe the Chi-sox are "that" good, or are you just gloating about a good starting record?

Serious question here.

I don't remember what thread it was, but it was made by some ignorant ChiSox fan who said "WS will win the WS" and I flamed him because real WhiteSox fan's don't set retarded unreal expectations. To answer it bluntly I'm just gloating about a good starting record. I know our time in the top is short so I have no other choice but to brag now while I can.

Back