[SO] which phone should I get?

BadMoFo

Contributor
Veteran XX
Since all the CDMA/LTE phones at Defcon/Blackhat got MitM'd and owned by zero days my pals at my work are giong to replace my phone, I'm not up on the latest cool phones but here's the choices I've been given.

Which is best?

Thanks pals!

HTC Thunderbolt – 4G LTE Android
HTC Incredible 2 – Android
BlackBerry 9650 – RIM
HTC Trophy – Windows 7
LG Revolution – 4G LTE – Android
Motorola Droid 2

For those that aren't aware, all your cell networks belong to us lulz

Full Disclosure: DEF CON 19 - hackers get hacked! (Really scary if true) : netsec

what the fuck was your first sentence about/???

my lg shine v2 got hacked?

lawl ok faggot

Looks like you have Android listed a few times. It's really between iPhone and Android. And you don't have the iPhone listed, so guess what?

I just received an HTC Trophy for my birthday and it is wicked fun. This is my first smart phone but the only thing I have disliked about it so far is that you can't just plug the phone in and drag over documents to the phone. You have to sync it up with a dropbox or skydrive and get to documents that way. May be a deal breaker for some.

yeah the thunderbolt is looking like the winner here man, the other phones just don't stack up. there's complaint about battery life but I can just get an extended one.

yeah the thunderbolt is looking like the winner here man, the other phones just don't stack up. there's complaint about battery life but I can just get an extended one.

They released a patch about a month ago that was to resolve that, or help. There's lots of options to help alleviate battery drainage as well.

Good luck.

if you are on verizon wait for the droid bionic or galaxy s2 (function or whatever its verizon name will be). All those phones you listed are not anywhere near what those phones will be.

stay away from iphones. they are fucking horrible and drain your money for applications. buy a nice and cheap one. max $50.

Also if you are on verizon and like htc I believe their new device named "Vigor" will be out soon and will replace the thunderbolt with a better screen, 1.5ghz dual core, etc

Back