Immigrant
Old
82 - 08-01-2010, 08:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Ben View Post
****, I never got a beta invite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Also, Shattered Crystal is giving out key codes, just sign up with some bull**** information.

WoT - World of Tanks items and currency

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
83 - 08-01-2010, 08:35
This is a quick explanation about spotting and 'radio' taken from the forums:

How radio communications in WoT work (or: How to "see" opponents outside your own visual range):

In World of Tanks, your vehicle has a limited view range at which it can spot other vehicles (friendly or enemy). This view range is affected by your turret, the other vehicle's profile, camouflage, whether it's moving or firing, etc. However, an important mechanism is the use of radio to send and receive information on the location of other vehicles, allowing for situational awareness beyond your own visual range.

As an example, you can be looking down a long street from your tank destroyer and not see any enemies. However, when a friendly tank moves down the street, it spots an enemy tank that was there all along. You will then see the tank just as if you spotted it yourself, as long as the friendly tank can see it, and is within radio range of you.

The game mechanics of radio communications:
All vehicles have a radio module. The primary characteristic of this module is its range. Two friendly vehicles can communicate if they are closer to each other than the sum of their respective radio ranges. Thus a tank with a 300m range radio and a tank with 500m range can communicate up to 800m away.

All communication is thus a 2-way relation between two vehicles: If you can communicate with a friendly vehicle, then you will know about any vehicles that he can see directly (including himself), and he will know about any vehicles you see directly. However, there is no chaining, or relaying of information - he can only tell you about any vehicles that he has spotted himself, not any that he knows about from radio communications with others.

In total, then, you will know the location of
1) Any vehicles within your visual range, friend or foe.
2) Any friendly vehicles within your radio range to them (for each vehicle this range is the sum of your respective radio ranges).
3) Any vehicles (friend or foe) within the visual range of the vehicles in 2), friend or foe.

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
84 - 08-01-2010, 09:29
Quote:
You either need to start over with a new crew, or you need to retrain the crew for that tank. I think 'rapid training' is -19% off the previous tank crew so you need to have them up in the 40's before you see any benefit.

EDIT: A guide:

Crew at 75% - retrain through:
Tank Academy (75%): Crew will not loose %
Regimental School (50%): Crew will loose 11%
Rapid Courses (25%): Crew will loose 19%
Thanks, my crew was at like 42 and 40, so I wasn't sure. My new crew is already into the 30's so I won't bother.

On open maps I find double tapping r to be the most effective way to work. If you need line up a shot, hit spacebar and you'll stop. Once you shoot, it'll speed up to full again.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
85 - 08-01-2010, 10:23
They are working on joining battles in small teams for the next patch but not sure if they are going to have it in. Better prelim changelog expected tomorrow.

The Russian version of this game has 110,000 beta testers, so they get the patches first.

Last edited by JoMo; 08-01-2010 at 10:25..
Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
86 - 08-01-2010, 13:32
still waiting on my invite

DELIVERANCE
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 08-01-2010, 13:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helado View Post
Thanks, my crew was at like 42 and 40, so I wasn't sure. My new crew is already into the 30's so I won't bother.

On open maps I find double tapping r to be the most effective way to work. If you need line up a shot, hit spacebar and you'll stop. Once you shoot, it'll speed up to full again.
Side note, your tank commander boosts the percentage of the rest of your crew. So if you have a new tank crew and you want to train anyone, I recommend training him.

Last edited by DELIVERANCE; 08-01-2010 at 14:05..
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
88 - 08-01-2010, 13:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor666 View Post
still waiting on my invite

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 08-01-2010, 19:07
seems like a pretty cool game, but i have a bunch of questions

1. How do I get the daily gold? Do I have to be out of the noob bracket first?

2. Is there an ingame function to show commands? What keys do what? So far I've figured out shift is zoom, R/F is autorun, right click is auto target, left click is shoot, awsdx is move.. tab is score.. #1, 2, 3 is ammo, anything else?

3. How do you 'light up' a target? Like in bc2 is there a command to do this to give an enemy's position away or is it all automated by just being in range and seeing them in the mini?

3. How do you ping the minimap?

4. What should I be doing to make exp/credits? Should i just run up with my 2 crappy starter tanks and assume I'll die?

5. Any no brainer things I should be teching for first, as far as which tanks I should get after the first 2?

6. I read there's an auction in the faq, is that in the game yet? Looks like the first tank I'd buy is 22k.

Thanks

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
90 - 08-01-2010, 19:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
seems like a pretty cool game, but i have a bunch of questions

1. How do I get the daily gold? Do I have to be out of the noob bracket first?

2. Is there an ingame function to show commands? What keys do what? So far I've figured out shift is zoom, R/F is autorun, right click is auto target, left click is shoot, awsdx is move.. tab is score.. #1, 2, 3 is ammo, anything else?

3. How do you 'light up' a target? Like in bc2 is there a command to do this to give an enemy's position away or is it all automated by just being in range and seeing them in the mini?

3. How do you ping the minimap?

4. What should I be doing to make exp/credits? Should i just run up with my 2 crappy starter tanks and assume I'll die?

5. Any no brainer things I should be teching for first, as far as which tanks I should get after the first 2?

6. I read there's an auction in the faq, is that in the game yet? Looks like the first tank I'd buy is 22k.

Thanks
1. Play one game a day, should get 150 gold at 8 PM Eastern.

2. Press F1 for a list of what buttons do what ingame.

3. CTRL + left click i think. It says when you press F1.

4. There isn't much you can do with the noob tank. You could spot, which gives credits and exp. Luckily you will be able to get another tank in about 15 games.

5. Depends on what line you want to go down? The longest line leads to heavier tanks, but you might want to use a tank destroyer or artillery.

6. No auction system yet

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 08-01-2010, 21:14
**** artillery. Seriously.

Having a noob sit on his back edge of a map and one shot tanks in my flag area because a high speed Bt2 or PzII is racing around and can't be hit be any one is dumb.

I can't stop to engage another tank without getting 1-shotted while the "spy" camps it up on the other side of a building...

It's the only gripe I have with the game so far.

It's not easy to communicate (and thus) coordinate with other players to get things done so you roll around "hoping" that other players have congruent ideas.

The "Bison" is always on top of the kill list easily. Not surprisingly they are also the ones that often the last ones standing.

I'm not "*****ing" really... I'm just saying it seriously spoils the ambience of a tank duel game when you have GPS assisted Smart bombs raining down on you simply because you get near an enemy in order to shoot him.

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
92 - 08-01-2010, 21:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post

Having a noob sit on his back edge of a map and one shot tanks in my flag area because a high speed Bt2 or PzII is racing around and can't be hit be any one is dumb.

I can't stop to engage another tank without getting 1-shotted while the "spy" camps it up on the other side of a building...

It's not easy to communicate (and thus) coordinate with other players to get things done so you roll around "hoping" that other players have congruent ideas.

The "Bison" is always on top of the kill list easily. Not surprisingly they are also the ones that often the last ones standing.

I'm not "*****ing" really... I'm just saying it seriously spoils the ambience of a tank duel game when you have GPS assisted Smart bombs raining down on you simply because you get near an enemy in order to shoot him.
stop playing in recruit battles

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
93 - 08-01-2010, 21:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Man View Post
stop playing in recruit battles
Yea, I hear what you are saying... but that solution won't solve frustrations with learning the game... only broaden them. I don't think including the variable of having to face enemies that are seriously outclassing you to be a good "fix".

Because there is no "friends" play feature yet... there's no way to use tactics and strategy as effectively as they could be used.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
94 - 08-01-2010, 21:55
Quote:
Yea, I hear what you are saying... but that solution won't solve frustrations with learning the game... only broaden them. I don't think including the variable of having to face enemies that are seriously outclassing you to be a good "fix".

Because there is no "friends" play feature yet... there's no way to use tactics and strategy as effectively as they could be used.
That's why you run up the tank tree as soon as possible.

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
95 - 08-01-2010, 21:57
Quote:

well in recruit battles bisons can oneshot anything. in actual battles many tanks cannot be oneshot by artillery and generally everything is faster. it doesn't take too long to get into a tier 3 tank, especially if you sell your daily gold for credits.

of course, in actual battles you might still get your luchs oneshot by a king tiger 20 seconds into the game, but thats the nature of it. thats why its best to have a few different tanks you switch between after you get wrecked in a battle.

Animo
VeteranXX
Old
96 - 08-01-2010, 22:06
im not getting daily gold

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
97 - 08-01-2010, 22:15
maybe it's just standard games?

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
98 - 08-01-2010, 22:41
Quote:
USE THIS ****ING LINK TO GET IN THE BETA IMMEDIATELY YOU ****ING ******S.

Now if anyone says they are waiting on their beta app after this every should **** on them immediately.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 08-01-2010 at 22:47..
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
99 - 08-01-2010, 23:14
just got my gold

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 08-02-2010, 00:03
Quote:

I felt the same way, just getting blasted from half a map away every time i stopped to fire at anything, but I think I like it now.

The SPG's make the light tanks relevant, both as scouting and to quickly flank to take the enemies spg's out.. and after using my own SPG, made me appreciate movement by the enemies, using cover (not from direct fire, but from the enemy SPGs) and hitting and moving.

Seems kinda broken to just sit back and bomb away, but it really creates the balance with the other tanks I think. Kinda necessary.

Really cool game though. Simple, yet deep at the same time.

Page 5 of 261

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal , feannag mmo essays , gay for t-54 , is7 > maus , maus > * , t30>maus