[Heavy metal] This old snow plow [pics]

won't the holes in the plow send snow/gravel flying onto your windshield ?
No, nothing really makes it through the holes in the plow face. If anything I probably need a snow deflector to keep the snow from climbing the front edge and over the top.

It's a rubber flap on top of the plow like this.
Fisher+Straight+Blade+Rubber+Deflector.jpg

Somewhat related - I was pulling a friends broken car down the road yesterday in a snow storm at 25 miles an hour on my 2 wheel dolly. Saw some moron in a ford ranger going way too fast coming up on me and got on the shoulder before he rear ended me. Guy lost control and ended up in the ditch. Was able to drive it through a field and get it back on the road. I chuckled.

Not really, biggest risk is shit gathering in the holes causing the plow to not work as well shedding the snow off. If he is just doing his driveway and not using it to make real money it’s not really a big deal.

I do my driveway and all the neighbors. My dads, my buddies shop parking lot, and his lane. I got the plow for our storage buildings lot. I did it one year with a plow on a garden tractor, and it took 2 days. Never again. :banging:

Somewhat related - I was pulling a friends broken car down the road yesterday in a snow storm at 25 miles an hour on my 2 wheel dolly. Saw some moron in a ford ranger going way too fast coming up on me and got on the shoulder before he rear ended me. Guy lost control and ended up in the ditch. Was able to drive it through a field and get it back on the road. I chuckled.

but it's 4 wheel drive!!!

[update] Was in a junkyard an hour away getting seat belt tensioners for a friend and came across this lovely gem.
cE6yxxv.jpg

Yard guy was as excited as I was.
0ZyEMyn.jpg

Just LOOK at the size of that motor.
3xr1by1.jpg

Hauled it home, pulled it out of my truck.
fB8TLOq.jpg

y03IyYN.jpg

0FGVGuD.jpg

and slapped it on.
GGsRl0V.jpg

6 inches wider, 6 inches taller, and a plastic face that will never rust. I'm still using the old anemic pump because the new one needs new solenoids. Still lightyears better that the old garbage for $250.
dXxVnqS.jpg

Now I need to add lights because it blocks the headlights at night...
v8w9Hed.jpg

Last edited:
We don't get those around here. Too cold, and people around here wouldn't put up with that shit.

No interest. I used to ride Mt Bikes with Mike, and still own one of his old Cannondales. He owned a few bike shops in the area before picking.

Update!

I measured 16 inches of fresh snow on the front yard Sunday night. This was a few hours before it was done snowing. 15 miles south the official snowfall was over 13, and another 20 miles north they didn't get a flake. The rain turned to snow much sooner here so we got the worst of it. Dug out my driveway and hot tub so the sun would melt the ice under the snow.

Jumped into the plow truck, and on the second pass through got pulled onto a bank and high sided her.

ayFqkBA.jpg

Backing up was a mistake..

FhoD3rt.jpg

Broke my tow strap trying to pull with the Dodge 2500, ended up using my monster logging chain. It's 120 pounds and only 20 feet long. Broke the rusty trailer hitch mount on the Dodge.

I spent the rest of Monday stacking snow with the plow truck. Wore the palm print off my left hand spinning the steering wheel, and both shoulders are stiff. Made some money digging a farmers barn out.

Today I went back out to shove piles back so I'd have room for the next batch.

WC4DF7F.jpg

I was almost done moving this pile when the driver side ram blew apart.

8ooh2Pt.jpg

Ouch

s9W7f02.jpg

uuC3Eir.jpg

No worries, I'll grab a ram off the old plow.

I hope it's long enough for her.
:brows:

Last edited:
Back