[Guns] Ordered new long range rifle.

rambo.gif

So you want to just sit somewhere killing animals for no reason other than the fun of it. You're a real piece of shit. Saying "They're vermin" is just an excuse to justify it.
I have a confession. Sometimes I go fishing just for the fun of it.

So are you going to buy a $200 optic for that rifle? There's a reason why Aimpoints are expensive.

Aimpoints are expensive because of:

1. battery life (60,000 hours now?)
2. reputation

Make no mistake, gun part manufacturers are just as scummy as the rest of the retail world. The more popular something gets the higher the price tag they can ask.

My AR-10 had a $130 Simmons White Tail classic scope (6x20x50) and I was able to hit targets at 800 yards just like the guys with $1000+ nightforce, leupolds, etc etc

If I was going over to the sandbox and into war I'd take something based on name and reputation, but clearly thats not the case here.

do people not in the military call it "the sandbox"
actually do people in the military call it "the sandbox"

"going over to the sandbox and into war"

lol christ you really are Joe Tacticool, Mall Ninja Extrordinaire.

Actually what I said was:

If I was going over to the sandbox and into war I'd take something based on name and reputation, but clearly thats not the case here.

As in, Im a guy hunting in the woods - I don't need $2,000 glass.

lol taking out of context lol

I'd tacticool my foot up your ass IRL. :)

Joe Tacticool neg repped me for calling his lame ass out for using gay pseudo milispeak buzzwords and trying to sound "in the know". :lol:

You won't catch me anywhere near a Remington 700. Did anyone else catch that show about the things firing when your finger isn't even on the trigger? They had SWAT guys videotaping it, Marine snipers many accounts of it firing with no finger on the trigger. Fucking things go off when you bump the lever with a round in the chamber. Even had the original designer saying it was a death trap and they hit him with a gag order back in the day. It was a 9 cent fix in the 50's or whatever but now Remington would go bankrupt now if they recalled all the rifles produced. Costs like 25 bucks per rifle to fix it now. I don't remember if they eventually did change the design of the mechanism but for your sake and anyone you are ever around with that thing I hope they did.

Last edited:
You won't catch me anywhere near a Remington 700. Did anyone else catch that show about the things firing when your finger isn't even on the trigger? They had SWAT guys videotaping it, Marine snipers many accounts of it firing with no finger on the trigger. Fucking things go off when you bump the lever with a round in the chamber. Even had the original designer saying it was a death trap and they hit him with a gag order back in the day. It was a 9 cent fix in the 50's or whatever but now Remington would go bankrupt now if they recalled all the rifles produced. Costs like 25 bucks per rifle to fix it now. I don't remember if they eventually did change the design of the mechanism but for your sake and anyone you are ever around with that thing I hope they did.

That show was a fucking hatchet job. There has been millions of those rifles sold and from what I've read the only way the rifle has an issue is if someone does a custom trigger job. That obviously voids the warranty. Don't believe those stupid investigative reports they are mostly bullshit, especially from cbs. Not the first time they cooked up a phony story and called it journalism.

Back