[QuakeWars] Enemy Territory

I really don't care much for competitive gaming anymore myself, I'm just having fun playing the game.

currently there is no good populated propub server, but thexc!amation (most popular NA regular pub server) is going to put up a propub pretty soon. Hopefully that'll get populated so random joe can see what's so great about reduced spread and other awesome features :o:

In game name dev-

But I'm in NZ :(

Not too sure about this latest patch, but at least the GDF field op is more in demand.

I love being a field op... And raining destruction down from on high.

That being said, if I'm playing as a strogg, I usually roll as the medic class (can't remember it's name.)

I've been digging on non ranked, no xp reset servers. And play whatever class is needed at the time. Makes me feel like I'm getting something for my time. Because I could give half a flying fuck about the Ranked XP system.

The only problem with field ops is knowing where the sweet spots are to putting your deployables down. Well that and moving them when you complete an objective and more your territory up, that could be a pain if your team is managing to rock and cap an objective just as your order hits the ground. I hate seeing them damaged though, because you can't fix it yourself and you have to trust an engineer to fix it and in pugs they're not always that attuned even with the mission HUD.

One map we were getting bombarded so much I took a rocket launcher and moved behind the lines to find and blow up the support fire things. Think I did it too late because we lost with less than a minute on the clock. :-/

Yeah I usually don't even try to have engi's fix my deps.... Not worth the trouble even trying.

I just redeploy, by the time I get to where I need to drop some pain, it's already down and ready to let fly.

Some maps, like valley and a few others, I deploy a hammer launcher in strange spots and then pick a nice camping location to launch from. Usually they never get damaged or destroyed which is nice. Whats annoying though is if 4 other people go field ops, then the recharge time goes on forever :(

Would you rather insane amounts of artillery spam? :p

That's true, but I lose time because a. I couldn't get a vehicle to get me to the Strogg base faster and b. I didn't know the map as well and as following the arcs of the plasma shells. None of the engineers felt it was a good idea to drop an artillery support one so I took it to them. problem was by the time I took out the plasma shell one and the dark matter one I didn't have any rockets left.

So Fishstix pefers Strogg, took me a while to get there because a bunch of clanners always managed to pile onto that side. It's nice there'sa cyan arrow for friended teammates.

Back