Reload this Page 3d 22h to ML Op 5
Page 2 of 2
Blitzkrieg
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 07-28-2006, 11:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikaze
I've actually...never done any research projects. I don't know how...
Ok, You need both personal and corporate standing (according to playerguide or something). It's just like running missions, you cannot talk to your agent for a research project until you have enough standing with that agent. Once you can talk to an agent, you can ask that agent to head a research project with a particular area (one that you already have some skills in, level 1 is the minimum requirement). I believe all research field skills require science 5 a small number of them, such as rocketry, does not require other skills as requirements.

For example, if you can talk to a level 1 quality 0 agent and you have rocketry at level 1 (this is the easiest one as it requires little sp to do), go to agent's station, talk to agent, ask the agent to head the research project and that's it. Watch your RP pile grow. The beauty of this is you gain RP per day, just like SP. That's why I'm setting this up now before I head to 0.0.

Here's research guide
http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g13.asp
If you want to know what fields may yield what and what are the required skills, read
http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g11.asp

Essentially, you may need to train one or all of the following to level 5 as pre-requisite to start research
mechanics level 5
engineer level 5
electronics level 5

You have to have level 5 in the following to have more than 1 research project going at the same time

laboratory operation level 5
research level 5

Warning: you won't get much isk from running missions for research corporations and it takes a while. In my case, I had to get my standing up to 6.70 because I wanted high quality level 4 agents. It was a grind.

If you want to reduce the grind time, train the following to at least level 3 or 4 (I have 4 in some, 3 in some others as my starting charisma is a pathetic 3)

Social
Connections
High Tech Connections
Labor Connections

I also trained up negotiation up to level 3 because I run level 3 combat mission for the past 3.5 months for isk. If you want, I have a high tech connections book for sale, I'm trying to get a labor one but I will probably get my 5th project before that happens since I don't have insta bm to run all those damn courier missions quickly. Combat is much quicker for me to raise standing. Do a bunch of level 2 missions and then run level 3 combat missions as soon as you can to raise standingly quickly.

Sponsored Links
Blitzkrieg
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 07-28-2006, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasic
Eskiban has prod efficiency 4 right now as well as industry 4. Id be willing to train him to be a perfect builder. He's not very far off.
I have a plan for logistics, it'll require both industry and research skills so we can quickly mass produce specific ship/module during the time of war quickly.

I just created an alt and joined an industry group to get some "training" so to speak. I'll bring that experience to triba/freee.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 07-28-2006, 12:54
I reference you to my skill thread. (just below this one)

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page 3d 22h to ML Op 5

Social Website Bullshit