Himalayan Pink Salt

Angle

Veteran X
Been trying to find this in a store around me forever to no avail. Any recommendations on what type of store / specific stores that may carry it?

I actually found some at William Sonoma! It's large(r) chunks that have to be filed down to be coarse, but I think it'll work just fine.

someone gave me one of these pink chunks of salt that comes with a little cheese grater thing

i have it out on a shelf as a joke because it's one of the dumbest things i've ever owned

I've had some hit or miss luck with packages "arriving" at my apartment. I'll order online when I know I can ship it elsewhere and still have it delivered (aka: work, parents, friends).

believe it or not different salts do have different tastes. If you taste them alone.

I am in no way saying that different salts can be discerned when used to cook with.

The only reason to have different salts is for different applications. Like for example pickling salt works best for popcorn or french fries while you would use kosher salt on your steak instead.

edit: I have himalayan pink salt and I don't ever use it. Trader Joes.

believe it or not different salts do have different tastes. If you taste them alone.

I am in no way saying that different salts can be discerned when used to cook with.

The only reason to have different salts is for different applications. Like for example pickling salt works best for popcorn or french fries while you would use kosher salt on your steak instead.

edit: I have himalayan pink salt and I don't ever use it. Trader Joes.

yeah im up to speed on the various uses of different sized salt crystals, but dont know about the fancy black salts and pink and red and green shit...ive heard people on cooking shows rave about particular kinds of salt for certain dishes.

maybe as garnishes where the salt is a major flavor? on a salad or on bread or something?

yeah im up to speed on the various uses of different sized salt crystals, but dont know about the fancy black salts and pink and red and green shit...ive heard people on cooking shows rave about particular kinds of salt for certain dishes.

maybe as garnishes where the salt is a major flavor? on a salad or on bread or something?

one really simple 2-3 ingredient dishes, different salts are are noticable. heirloom tomato salad with fresh herbs and some nice salt is a great little dish.

Back