[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

70jea8ugs2z01.jpg

uh oh, someone is nervous and making threats on twitter hehe

Rod Rosenstein throws a spanner in the Democratic message machine

But whatever happens next, Rosenstein's expansion of the inspector general investigation, which is already investigating possible mishandling of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act application process, is something of a vindication for Trump.

After all, Rosenstein isn't just some guy who wants to tick boxes for Trump. He knows that by ordering an expansion of the inspector general's investigation, he is is staking his professional, non-partisan credibility on the belief that such an expansion is necessary. As a servant of the law in a period of immense political controversy, Rosentstein's first responsibility is to ignore political pressure, which Trump's tweet would represent if it was without objective merit.

Rosenstein is implicitly telling us that he believes the president has at least a probable cause for that concern. Inspector general investigations are serious matters that are not supposed to be ordered on a whim. Indeed, to order such an investigation without merit would put Rosenstein in the crosshairs of an inspector general investigation.

As an extension, the deputy attorney general's decision is bad news for Democrats. They have been arguing persistently that the president is crying wolf for the purpose of political distraction. And to make that case, Democrats and their media allies have pointed to Rosenstein's professional credibility as a legal servant beyond reproach.

Rosenstein's latest action thus puts Democrats in a catch-22.

They could continue supporting Rosenstein as the voice of objective reason, and thus effectively endorse the legitimacy of Trump's concerns, or to turn against Rosenstein, which would suggest their own motives might just be partisan.

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight

Kennedy retirement rumors shift into overdrive

But Ian Samuel, a Climenko fellow and lecturer on law at Harvard Law School, who clerked for the late Justice Antonin Scalia, said the small number of cases the court has granted could signal Kennedy is throwing in the towel. The court has only agreed to hear 15 cases so far next term.

“One possibility is they are not granting cases because they don’t know who their ninth member is going to be. … You could imagine Kennedy telling the chief, ‘I’d like to keep this between us, but I’d like to retire,’ and the chief saying, ‘Let’s see who Kennedy’s replacement is before we grant all these cases,’” Samuel said.

Some said the presence of Kennedy’s wife at the final oral arguments of the term could be a sign he’s on the way out the door. When Mary Davis was spotted in the courtroom on April 25, the press corps started buzzing about whether she was there to hear her husband’s last round of questioning from the bench. But SCOTUSblog's Mark Walsh reported that the wives of Breyer, Alito and Gorsuch were seated in the VIP section too.

Republicans on Capitol Hill have practically been willing Kennedy to retire, which would give the GOP’s Senate majority time to confirm his replacement before the midterm elections.

Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.), who is facing a tough reelection

OMG WE GOT TO DO SOMETHING HE SAYS

about the kid who used a shotgun and a revolver last time (plus other already highly illegal shit)

ummmmmmm.......what can we do?

well burning the Constitution would be a good start don't you think?

I mean this is basically the Cuomo argument I am seeing

nothing else could have prevented this last shooting given what he used and what only the most idiotic ideological dems would now try to ban

i mean these are weapons you can still get in Aussie land and UK with ease and limited restriction (in rural hunting areas)

i mean these are weapons you can still get in Aussie land and UK with ease and limited restriction (in rural hunting areas)

Speaking only for the UK, you'd be surprised by how difficult it is to get a new SGC (ShotGun Certificate) and almost impossible to get a new FAC (FireArm Certificate). The police have to go over your application, and most licensing departments are woefully under-resourced. Getting a certificate renewed is generally easier, unless it has already expired.

Speaking only for the UK, you'd be surprised by how difficult it is to get a new SGC (ShotGun Certificate) and almost impossible to get a new FAC (FireArm Certificate). The police have to go over your application, and most licensing departments are woefully under-resourced. Getting a certificate renewed is generally easier, unless it has already expired.

interesting......thank you!

process sounds a lot like getting a CCW in Cali right now. For the same reasons my guess.

no wonder so many people find it easier to just turn replica guns into actual guns over there........

if only they had a strong outside criminal network to smuggle them guns from abroad, like from all the wartorn Muzzies and Refugees they have open doors to, it could be a perfect recipe for replacement (and not just the population demographics).

So he was completely wrong. Got it.

So he was completely wrong. Got it.

you saying they don't have shotguns in UK and Aussie land?

Take a look at the guns you can legally buy in the UK

The UK banned handguns in 1997, but citizens are still able to own and shoot some shotguns and rifles with a license.

Shotguns and rifles may be licensed by applying for a certificate through the local police force, according to the government's guide on gun-licensing law.

work on being smart enough to breath on your own first......then work your way back into posting again

I mean don't be less 2nd amendment than a brit or you should just voluntarily leave at this point

where you go nobody cares tbh

Back