TW doctors help/I have an infected cut

Honestly, I've never had an infected cut. I fell while hiking over the weekend and had all kinds of dirt in cuts on my arms and legs and had no problem. I wasn't even able to clean it at all for a few hours and then didn't get to clean it well until I got home Monday.

obviously i came into contact with some nasty bacteria. ive never had an infection from a scrape or cut either until now.

29918_29912991MED2184-09.JPG

Um - any time you have to use cut and green pus in the same sentence, its time to goto the doctor. Blood poisoning is no joke my friend.

the shitty part is that the bacteria that causes it is one of the normal inhabitants of your skin. if you break the skin anywhere it can hit the underlying tissue.
if it spreads to the tissue covering the muscle it starts to spread aggressively and you need surgery

I don't understand why people are so afraid of Doctors. If you have to wait to have a fever and green pus, there's something wrong with you. Jesus fuck.

ok thanks for convincing me to go to the doctor everyone.

He gave me cephalexin and sulfamethoxazole/trimethropin.

Can I booze? I've always heard that alcohol kills the effect of antibiotics but it seems this might be a myth. The warnings on the side don't mention alcohol. Tell me I can booze it up please.

Personally I won't do it, unless it's absolutely necessary.

Alcohol will tax your organ as your body tries to get rid of them. Liver will be working harder to get rid of alcohol.

Hold off on drinking while you're on medication, treasure your liver as liver, once damaged, doom you to death. We have been able to create some artificial organs, but not liver because liver's function is to get rid of toxins from our body.

Liver can repair itself and you can receive partial liver transplant that will grow back (both for donor and donee) but why risk it?

That's why I try to avoid taking tylenol and many other medications for as long as I could because those medication are often like a 2-edged sword, it helps your body in some way, but it can also tax your body in getting rid of it. The benefit outweigh the cost in general, hence FDA will approve them, but if I can endure or recover on my own without much long-term effect, why not stay away from medication?

I don't understand why people are so afraid of Doctors. If you have to wait to have a fever and green pus, there's something wrong with you. Jesus fuck.

Some people might not be able to afford doctor's visit that much. More and more Americans are struggling with healthcare insurance premium. Some Americans don't even have insurance.

I knew I had to go to the dr. i was just procrastinating a little. I probably should have gone monday instead of tuesday but oh well. The fever had gone away and the wound stopped oozing which gave me a little hope.

When do the meds kick in? I feel fine but the wound looks the same as it did two days ago, redness might be a little bigger area.

And no side effects (yet) on the drugs. Maybe feel a little woozy/dizzy but very mild. But I did have a seizure a few hours ago which has never happened to me, should I call the dr about that?

are you serious? that's a pretty significant side effect

I'd call the doctor immediately, probably the pharmacist too

Back