[Official] Staff Q & A

Chaoz said:
Edit: TWD betting for non-tribes related stuff?

I'd like to phase out the TWD system completely. There's no point to it; its not properly fleshed out, nor does it have a foundation to be built upon.

Rayn said:
Yes, it is, its just a matter of me troubleshooting the script this week. Additionally, there has been a decision by the staff to start nixing sigs that are pushing the envelope. If you find your sig gone, you were not work safe.

Another way of dealing with not work safe sigs could be to implement a system like torrentbytes.net where the user checks a box in thier profile next to their sig to say wether it is work safe or questionable. Then every user has an option in their profile to view all sigs, view work safe sigs or block all sigs.

You'd still have people with NWS sigs ignoreing the little checkbox but I think it would be fairly effective at cleaning out the NWS sigs for people that don't want to view them.

telos said:
Another way of dealing with not work safe sigs could be to implement a system like torrentbytes.net where the user checks a box in thier profile next to their sig to say wether it is work safe or questionable. Then every user has an option in their profile to view all sigs, view work safe sigs or block all sigs.

You'd still have people with NWS sigs ignoreing the little checkbox but I think it would be fairly effective at cleaning out the NWS sigs for people that don't want to view them.

The problem would be enforcing use of the checkbox then. A sig is such an insignificant thing, I'd really rather we just keep them all work safe.

Back