MitsuLAN

Scuzzle, with all due respect to a fellow triber, you need to step the fuck off your high horse and take a real good look at how shitty and unrealistic Mitsu's planning actually is... and why people with LAN throwing experience are saying what they are.

It's not about "hate and disrespect".. its about watching a trainwreck in slow motion, and wanting to help prevent it.

Well, not now anyway - I'm done giving a shit about him and his crazy ass plan. Fuck him and the wannabe horse he's riding in on.

One last time:
cookie.jpg

$20 off a shirt what the fuck kind of price gouging shirts are you selling to require $20 OFF

ayzianboy said:
$20 off a shirt what the fuck kind of price gouging shirts are you selling to require $20 OFF
20$ off the ticket, and a shirt, and the drinks.

Note to world: punctuation is your friend.

oh yeah you picked the worst time ever to throw this.

people go to new year's parties because they're good fun parties with their friends and cool people.

my new years will be spent with family and friends.

i am not going to spend it in front of a computer in the company of fuckin Triple Fedz Juggernaught and Mitsubishi.

Data said:
Mael...

There were more like 160 people at TW:West, dude. :p

/shrug

i was drunk most of the time hehe. didn't seem like 160. Still don't think he can get 100 tribes 1 players with out GARUNTEEING that there will be big prizes. The idea that if not enough people show up he is going to give the prizes away in different events is recockulous.

sLoGg said:
i took the time out of my busy schedule to post these snipets from mondays IRC adventure:

[11:46] <Mitsubishi> Lanparties were ORIGINALLY parties
[11:46] <Mitsubishi> and then the dorks corrupted them

HAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHA

ayzianboy said:
oh yeah you picked the worst time ever to throw this.

people go to new year's parties because they're good fun parties with their friends and cool people.

my new years will be spent with family and friends.

i am not going to spend it in front of a computer in the company of fuckin Triple Fedz Juggernaught and Mitsubishi.

np but what made you think i was going

triple said:
np but what made you think i was going

nothing, just pulling names. no offense to you personally but seeing you sitting alone in front of your computer at UVA6 watching anime for hours on end was the most depressing thing ever.

ayzianboy said:
nothing, just pulling names. no offense to you personally but seeing you sitting alone in front of your computer at UVA6 watching anime for hours on end was the most depressing thing ever.

ROFLMAO

Dumpy Dooby said:
k, I haven't read slam's response to this, but I'm really confused here.

You met at tw:w? But you're a tws champion? How does that work, tw:e won. :huh:

if u see his title he is a T2 champion, its a common fact that more fags are on the west coast, therfor there are more and better T2 players

T1 was won by the east

old_skul said:
You're reading too much into this. There's no conspiracy or reverse psychology going on here. It's just that given the facts that have been proven: the call for 5000 people, the $100 admission, the improbable date and the venue that doesn't exist, the unknown factors of what the damned thing is about (foam? LAN? Rave?) and prizes and who's going - it all points to the same thing: BS.

Sorry, Mitsu - no offense, but I'm just sorta laying it out like it is.

I don't think there's a conspiracy. I just think it's strange that so many people who love(d) Tribes should be so adament that "he'll fail and it's going to be epic/funny." Whether I agree with them or not, here's a person who's trying to promote games in general, and Tribes (!!) in particular -- why is everyone so offended by his attempts?

Seriously, when you posted about the power issues and other details that your experience has taught you can be important, you did it in a condescending way, as if "look how pathetic your attempts are, you prolly don't even have these simple things worked out, how sad. Send me your resume." Now, why? Why are you so offended by this guy? I don't need to tell you what's going to happen, but why mash it in his face? Has there been any malice on his part, anything other than an attempt to run a party and give Tribes another hoorah? Or are you just mad that he seems to disagree with you?

You don't need to justify it to me -- you can hate on whomever you like. But this guy is trying to push Tribes (and, yes, make a buck, but still)...If you're not gonna give him a break, you could at least not insult him.

Yeah - There are people who tell suicide jumpers to go for it, but this sounds more like "Why don't you come down and eat smores.??", ya know?

Phoenix said:
I don't think there's a conspiracy. I just think it's strange that so many people who love(d) Tribes should be so adament that "he'll fail and it's going to be epic/funny." Whether I agree with them or not, here's a person who's trying to promote games in general, and Tribes (!!) in particular -- why is everyone so offended by his attempts?

Seriously, when you posted about the power issues and other details that your experience has taught you can be important, you did it in a condescending way, as if "look how pathetic your attempts are, you prolly don't even have these simple things worked out, how sad. Send me your resume." Now, why? Why are you so offended by this guy? I don't need to tell you what's going to happen, but why mash it in his face? Has there been any malice on his part, anything other than an attempt to run a party and give Tribes another hoorah? Or are you just mad that he seems to disagree with you?

You don't need to justify it to me -- you can hate on whomever you like. But this guy is trying to push Tribes (and, yes, make a buck, but still)...If you're not gonna give him a break, you could at least not insult him.

Because you're not paying attention to what he has and will have to invest in this for it to work. Add on top of that the short amount of time and timing of the event itself, and its not going to go anywhere. People have been trying to tell him that, and he's not listening, he thinks the LAN gods will swoop down to save him and what he's not hearing is that the ingredients of this lan practically scream disaster

"One who dreams to do the impossible, while all around him cry out for his failure, shall stand at the top of the mount, whilst those crying drown from the flood of their own tears".

Everyone laughed at Noah. Who had the last laugh then?

Good points on both sides. I hope it works for ya Mitsu. I have a lot of respect and admiration for anyone that attempts the impossible. If you don't dare to dream, you will never taste success. Best of luck bro. Wish I could be there.

Back