Reload this Page Need a Tribes OGL Historian
Page 4 of 38
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 06-20-2006, 18:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by React0r
Can someone fill me in on what happened with OGL that made everyone jump ship?
Everyone jumped ship when OGL said that they would be forcing shoutcasting on matches. Even if both teams don't want their match shoutcasted they were going to put casters in the server and if the teams didn't like it they would forefit.

TWL pushed their startup date to pretty much the same week that took effect and teams started moving over.

Basically it was the last straw for most teams, everyone hated OGL for whatever reason (people also got pissed when they went nazi on their forums), but of course it gave a chance to a lot of other websites to learn from OGLs mistakes.

Sponsored Links
MR Dice
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 06-20-2006, 18:35
I have friends/family <3 seriously into T1/2, not me tho. So excuse the nub questions here.

What is shiva? as in:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -cyanide-
S3 used shiva
And what does this mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Light Bulb
5150 lagged out bluenose
And hola this IE team 39-0 whoa! That's unreal. That's truly special.

DiSk
VeteranX
Old
63 - 06-20-2006, 18:36
Janus

Darkhawk
VeteranX
Old
64 - 06-20-2006, 18:40
I remember Synergy lost to Wester Alliance (even though we were ahead on Ice Ridge and some people refused to turtle). This caused a little internal strife and many of the better Synergy players left and formed RECK with the COWS (people like Atlas, DV8, VOX, Tycho, Furious Panda) and Chronic Warrior went and joined Team Fusion and got them going.

In the real old days wasn't BMF the real team to beat? Either them or the Sofa Kings were the dev team. COWS I believe were other (non-dev team) Sierra employees.

The great early teams I remember:

z2, IE, COWS, Synergy, Silent Assault, BMF, Team Fusion, House of Spankings, Western Alliance, Fallen

Later on S3, 5150, FTM, RECK, Abusive, the short lived killaz, and zX, POE, NuTz (despite the whole happy flag we didn't all use it)

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 06-20-2006, 18:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR Dice
I have friends/family <3 seriously into T1/2, not me tho. So excuse the nub questions here.

What is shiva? as in:

And what does this mean?

And hola this IE team 39-0 whoa! That's unreal. That's truly special.
shiva was a script that let you mortar spam certain spots on a map like a beacon, it used a script a lot like range finder or a chaingun hud, it would place drawn terrain lines that you created out of game and shiva would bring them into the game so you could just match them to the real terrain on the map and voila instant mortar from spots the defense couldnt see you from, ZOD made a thread about it a while ago just use search and you will probably find it, i think the thread was called tribes confessions

loto
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 06-20-2006, 18:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSk
The infamous pimp bluenose had some dirty, dirty secrets. Theres a reason he just kinda left.
You're an idiot. You don't know what you're talking about.

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
67 - 06-20-2006, 18:46
yeah that bluenose had such dirty secrets that he posted like every demo of his

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 06-20-2006, 18:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jislan
yeah that bluenose had such dirty secrets that he posted like every demo of his
he wore panties on his head when he played.. he left his webcam on by accident during a critical match verse 5150 and was blackmailed into retirement

finalheaven
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 06-20-2006, 18:50
damn old memories...

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 06-20-2006, 18:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalheaven
damn old memories...
im surprised you can read tribalwardotcom

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 06-20-2006, 18:55

Last edited by Enlightened One; 06-20-2006 at 18:58..
Nomad
Cheap Bastard++
Contributor
Old
72 - 06-20-2006, 18:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13
(Had one OGL Admin tell us that since hawaii wasnt a part of the united states and only is a territory, servers in hawaii could not be used)
I see no problem with this. **** the islands and their population of 300 boogoos

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 06-20-2006, 18:58
yeah dude seriously **** FTM nobody liked that team anyway

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
74 - 06-20-2006, 18:59
IE will forever remain in my memory as the consummate T1 team. It wasn't just that they won often (or all the time) it was that they'd entirely shut teams out; half the time even good teams were lucky to get a cap or more on them. It was fun to play against them though, because you'd always learn something coming away from it.

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 06-20-2006, 19:00
I think =S3=, IE, and 5150 were clearly the top three teams.

After that it's a bit more opent to discussion. I'm pretty sure the Doctors and NuTz were the only two teams to win an OGL map against both 5150 and =S3=, so they deserve some props. The Sticks and POE were two of the toughest teams we played. I rememer OxY being pretty good in its day.

Team Fusion and -RG- were also solid squads. Fallen had a good reputation, but we always seemed to beat them pretty handily.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 06-20-2006, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened One
yeah i remember nutz hacking their way to #1 there

rammed a ****in scout into the flag on the TB so we couldn't return our flag

i remember standing there spamming RESET THE MAP because you guys did it in the first 15 seconds

of course all of you w/ happy flag knew exactly where our flagholders were so its not as if we could of waited the skipping out

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 06-20-2006, 19:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George
IE will forever remain in my memory as the consummate T1 team. It wasn't just that they won often (or all the time) it was that they'd entirely shut teams out; half the time even good teams were lucky to get a cap or more on them. It was fun to play against them though, because you'd always learn something coming away from it.
evil|clownz tied them on a map so i go against your theory

DiSk
VeteranX
Old
78 - 06-20-2006, 19:05
Quote:
evil|clownz tied them on a map so i go against your theory

So? IE, They were still the undisputed champions (especially after gala) .

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 06-20-2006, 19:07
Quote:
yeah i remember nutz hacking their way to #1 there

rammed a ****in scout into the flag on the TB so we couldn't return our flag

i remember standing there spamming RESET THE MAP because you guys did it in the first 15 seconds

of course all of you w/ happy flag knew exactly where our flagholders were so its not as if we could of waited the skipping out
I actually remember that little controversy. As far as I knew, that whole flag ramming thing was completely unintentional.

NuTz will always be tainted by its legacy of cheating, but I think anyone who played the game at a high level will acknowledge that we had a damn good team. We had some of the best players out there and worked pretty hard on our strategies.

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 06-20-2006, 19:08
[IE] was obviously a great team, but I actually think the golden age of Tribes was slightly after they moved on (back when 5150 and =S3= were the teams to beat). That's when I remember the competition being the fiercest.

[IE] still deserves to be ranked among the very best teams, but I think they would've dropped some games to 5150 and =S3= if they had hung around.

Page 4 of 38

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Social Website Bullshit