Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

MaD_ReBeL said:
*edit* the name is the working title. if youve got another suggestion lets hear it.

Nah...it's easier to complain about it. :)

btw- I'm up for the TW guild as well...keep us informed Mad-R...
(name sounds fine to me...

ok. I'm allright with that. When ever I leave noob island I will seek him out.

Tribal Mercs
Tribal Warriors
Tribal Hire

Tribal Extorts :armed:

Well, considering 90% of the people here aren't above r2 yet, maybe we should put off the city building plans for a while.

ZugZug said:
So you want to put together our own city now? I thought the plan was to pledge to another guild and use their city...
well no. the plan is to have our services bought. i dont see why we would need......well, that may make things easier in GvG battles huh.

:shrug: i dont know, i was kinda envisioning uber l33t merchants in castle rayn™ that sell ultra high end gear. Of course paid for by other guilds buying our services :D.

I'm down to help build a city. Last I heard it was 3mil for a ToL, is this correct? The key to any city is maintaining a steady flow of gold. The more people we have contributing, the easier and faster it will be to get the city up.

I would be worried that as Mercs, we will potentially piss off some large Guilds that could wipe us out during a period when we're not aligned with a major guild or something

If we're not powerful enough to hold off an attack, but we're a major thorn in a guilds side, they may seek retribution we can't handle

ZugZug said:
Well, considering 90% of the people here aren't above r2 yet, maybe we should put off the city building plans for a while.

Exactly.

If you're gonna have a town we need means of defending said town because you will be invaded early and often. That means hiring up NPC guards and archers, fortifying the place, and recruiting non-TW warm body peons to simply act as security.

If you could get 20 people to each contribute 50k, there's your ToL. Then you're looking at at least anoth 50-100k a person to properly fortify and stockpile said city. It's no small time investment, and that's a minimal city. Becoming a subguild of an already fortified guild would definitely be the best way to go. Building a city with no friends is asking for an assraping.

Doc Holliday said:
EDIT: Sounds like a good idea to me. It will take me a week or two before I can really contribute any money since I am only lvl 6 right now and I only have 2k. :) Once I start getting to some higher lvl mods with good drops I will definately help out if this looks like it can help.

Is it true that guilds for certain races or professions get a exp bonus if you are of the same race/profession? If so does this apply to subguilds? If so then we should start a subguild under Tribal Sellswords for all race/professions.

I say race/profession cause I don't know it this bonus applies to the race or the profession or both.

Nobody answered my questions. Anyone help me out? Thanks.

Talamius said:
Exactly.

If you're gonna have a town we need means of defending said town because you will be invaded early and often. That means hiring up NPC guards and archers, fortifying the place, and recruiting non-TW warm body peons to simply act as security.

If you could get 20 people to each contribute 50k, there's your ToL. Then you're looking at at least anoth 50-100k a person to properly fortify and stockpile said city. It's no small time investment, and that's a minimal city. Becoming a subguild of an already fortified guild would definitely be the best way to go. Building a city with no friends is asking for an assraping.

word

FOG|Adrenaline said:
I would be worried that as Mercs, we will potentially piss off some large Guilds that could wipe us out during a period when we're not aligned with a major guild or something

If we're not powerful enough to hold off an attack, but we're a major thorn in a guilds side, they may seek retribution we can't handle
play both sides against each other bro :D. Dont piss off one guild anymore than the other ;).

Subguilding makes sense in the begining. In addition, we can try to infiltrate other cities and try to steal their gold.

I'm totally up for helping make a guild city. I just need to level a bit in order to be of any use. I'm lvl 17 right now, will hopefully break 20 early tonight. I'm saving up as much as I can, but with all the dieing last night I've not made much.

Talamius said:
Exactly.

agreed.

the only problem i have is that as a subguild you have to play by the parent guild's rules. i suppose its really not that big of a deal at first, but eventually i want to cause the drama ;). Some guilds would frown upon this and retaliate against us.

We need some recruits, we eventually need a tree (soon hopefully), and we need the monies.

I think we should all strive to save up about 200k. That would be a nice lump sum to start a fledgling city. One that's accomplished we can recruit more bodies and start doing some 'light work' :dapimp:

My goal is to have my thief and my assasin R6 asap. Then start offering my 'services' to the highest bidder.

From what i understand one benefit of having your own ToL is you get a R4 camp somewhat close by. Is this just a rumor or is there truth to that?

fuck i hope there is enough left over on my check for me to get this game! Making a TW guild would ad so mush more to the experience, considering i spend most of my computer time whoring TW, being apart of a huge in game community with people that i talk to everyday would be sweet.

Back