twilight hammer/elemental invasion

Yeah I was doing Nesingwary on my druid last night (66ish) and an earth rift cropped up right outside the camp. NPCs all started to fight them so I had to sit there and bear-tank them to get them to stop, and it dropped that object which I'm told is a daily if the rift is of your level.

The achievement is easy if you fly around Outland and consult a site like WoWhead for spawn points. They aren't as likely (on Archimonde at least) to be killed as quickly as the ones in Northrend.

You only have to destroy one appropriate for your level if you want to get the daily quest.

I'm getting cockblocked by water on my druid. Every time I find a water rift it disappears as soon as I come within 10 yards of it. A couple times I waited to check if it's coincidence and timing, but they all despawn as soon as I get close.

They spawn in the exact same spot every time.

Stand there for 1 hour. Win.

Seriously, I got the FoS on the first day with like 15 minutes of actual playing.

Seems lower-level zones spawn in weaker rifts. I saw a couple in 1K Needles were nine and the ones in Tanaris were twelve.

I know wowhead had lists and very vague maps (points on zoomed out continent maps) but no real hardcore coordinates. I'm not too die-hard on getting that achievement, once the invasion hits probably 1 - 2 weeks prior to cata you can close rifts in the cities.

I'm still working on one for 2 - 3 characters, they keep missing one or another. And a few of them have despawned or phased out. I found only two in Felwood and I camped them at :00 and :30 without success. And even then I camped one in EPL I knew was there and still didn't have any luck. To be fair I never did Outlands, most of my shit was in Classic.

This event is boring as shit and blues know it.

Bashiok said:
It's sort of that damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

The response from the zombie invasion was overwhelmingly negative, and so we took that feedback and made sure that future events would be fun and interactive, but not a griefers paradise.

Obviously there are plenty of griefers though, and they'll always remember it and always compare events to it. Nothing will ever be as 'fun' as the zombie event was, and that's sort of the point, it's not a type of fun that most people enjoyed.

I'll always look back on the zombie event fondly, just as I will the shattering, but for different reasons.

Back