So I might be drunk enough to tell you guys what happened to Spinfusor Salad

God damn it.

When I started playing Tribes, posting on the OGL forums, migrating to TW, and putting together LAN parties, I never thought about friends dying or death in general at all.

We've lost a bunch of people over the years, and it's just fucking tragic. It's also an example of what life is going to be like as we all get older. Eventually, all your friends start fucking dying off.

Sorry for your loss Jas.

yeah, all of this.

:(

wasnt he still posting not too long ago?
or am i just completely insane and/or have no concept of time.
could have been years now tbh...

didn't know him except as a name on this forum. that is an unfortunate life.
rip.

i wonder how pachacutec is.
or animal.

One of the first people I met online that played Tribes, One of the folks that hung out on the Sierra forums for a good while before coming here. Zurn being another and Red Dragon his son among others.

meeting tribers children on the internet

not pedophile behavior or ne thing by richard jackson bloomington indiana confirmed kid toucher

animal msged me in a smurf name told me he ok

he hav 2 leave forum due to asperg life situation w/ family he top poster on this place

dweasel couldn't figure out how to upload pics of his skanky whores, so i doubt he'll be able to figure out how to re-register.

I haven't logged into this account in years. Since 5-14-2009 apparently, but I'm here again for Spin (I knew him mostly as Covert22). He recruited me into the UNS right at the start of T2, and he was enthusiastic and a lot of fun to play with, and to bullshit around with before and after the games. Back in 2001-2002 especially I spent an untold number of hours in IRC chats and our team forums with him. It was almost always sheer stupidity, but absolutely fun. I played the 'straight man' to his wackiness, but we were a good duo. On a backup harddrive I've still got a lot of those chat logs. I've read over them every few years to get nostalgic and smile, but if I do it again I'll probably get depressed now

I never got to meet him in person. He always really wanted to, and talked about it regularly. There was never time or opportunity, and I'm sorry about that. I know that his life got rough later. I spent a few nights up late with him, trying my hardest to talk him out of suicide, and cheer him up as best I could. He was a good guy, an awesome guy and damn passionate about his team and his friends. But after a while I stopped playing Tribes competitively, then the UNS ceased to be, then it briefly resurrected and I returned, but Covert was practically a no-show, and without his crazy enthusiasm everything stopped for a second time and remained that way.

I'm trying hard to think of the last time I talked to him, but I just can't remember. I became very busy with work and relationships, and when we did talk, the stories he told about his life...sad and utterly nuts all rolled into one... had gone too far beyond my experience for me to really connect with any more. He often wanted to reform the team and relive the good times, I felt guilty that I couldn't jump in the fantasy with him, but assured him we'd do it again some day. Damn.

I wish things had been easier for you Covert. But you were a lot of fun, and you really got me into gaming, which you'd be proud I'm making a good career out of now. You were a good friend, and our 'fearless leader', and I'll remember that for the rest of my days.

GG Drew.

Back