Crysis 2 leaked 49 days early. by LordMelkor - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Crysis 2 leaked 49 days early.
Page 5 of 7
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 02-13-2011, 04:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMelkor View Post
Filing suits against downloaders in a case like this doesn't make legal/financial sense.

It makes sense for MPAA and RIAA to attack random individuals from a larger pool every once in a while as a deterrent.
Given that this is an isolated leak, you can be almost certain that the final downloader is not at risk of litigation here.
I am still not entirely sure they wouldn't. It's not exactly an isolated leak since it's all over the place now. This is a title that they've invested millions of dollars into and I think EA is willing to spend a lot of money on it to let people know they're not just going to get pushed around. Just look at what Valve tried to do with the person that hacked their network and leaked Half-Life 2. I think EA would have no problem going after the initial uploaders along with random US downloaders to set an example to the rest about downloading leaked material like that.

Sponsored Links
DSEZ
VeteranX
Old
82 - 02-13-2011, 16:27
Im pretty psyched that this runs on my laptop... 30fps but **** it lol

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
83 - 02-13-2011, 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
Looking at the mutiplayer levels in the editor it seems they've completely given up on their vehicle "power struggle" mode, it's all small to medium sized deathmatch style maps.

Kind of a shame but I guess they're going to leave vehicle multiplayer to Battlefield.
If it really is going to be 6V6 then I cant even imagine vehicles working out.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
84 - 02-13-2011, 16:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
Looking at the mutiplayer levels in the editor it seems they've completely given up on their vehicle "power struggle" mode, it's all small to medium sized deathmatch style maps.

Kind of a shame but I guess they're going to leave vehicle multiplayer to Battlefield.
The 360 demo plays like CoD with a couple extra gimmicks added in. Meh. Only thing I care about in this game is the single player now.

luvz2spooge
Veteran++
Old
85 - 02-13-2011, 16:48
Its ok so far, I got the gfx cranked and it runs fine.
Just craps out on hud loads and cutscenes, so I just use [Enter] to skip em.

Dont think I'll be buying this one. I'ts just too generic and well...boring.

GlassShadow
VeteranX
Old
86 - 02-13-2011, 16:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
Shame that it got leaked, but inevitable. Some ******* inside the Crytek team probably got pissed off that he was overlooked for promotion and decided to take his anger out on the company. This won't hurt console sales, but it sure will hurt PC version sales. Yet another nail in the coffin.
Rumor has it the leak came from one of the 6 month contract employees from EA to help finish the game that get paid little, promised more, and then dumped.

Haven't touched the leak, sounds pretty buggy still, but it is interesting to know that there are a lot of features built in that they take out for the pc release.

Mystikalrush
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 02-13-2011, 17:03
Looks like MP has been broken into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnNXwBtCqYQ

I kinda feel bad for them, this sequel was like there "baby" to the epic crysis 1. Also apparently the master key was in that leaked beta which could delay offical release date if they have already began to press disks.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 02-13-2011, 18:48
I don't understand the "master key" thing, if it's just a cd-key number then couldn't it just be removed or is there some code in there that generates new keys?

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
89 - 02-13-2011, 19:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassShadow View Post
Rumor has it the leak came from one of the 6 month contract employees from EA to help finish the game that get paid little, promised more, and then dumped.

Haven't touched the leak, sounds pretty buggy still, but it is interesting to know that there are a lot of features built in that they take out for the pc release.
Now see, that's a real shame. Some manager somewhere made a decision to bring in some H1B without a stake in the game, in the interest of reaching some deadline that was unreasonable to begin with. This is why games used to not have release dates and were done when they were done, not according to some bean counter's release calendar.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 02-13-2011, 19:10
MAXIMUM EMBARRASSMENT.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
91 - 02-13-2011, 21:10
And you wonder why developers 'hate' PC gamers ... - Destructoid

I thought I'd just throw this out there. Buying games is sort of like voting with your dollars. If you don't actually pay for titles and support the developers, then future projects for PC simply don't get greenlit because they're deemed as less profitable by higher ups. You can dispute the numbers and the projected percentage of lost sales, but I don't think you can dispute that it pisses the people who work on these games right the **** off.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
92 - 02-13-2011, 21:16
looks good

i wonder how it would run on my pc

q6600 quadcore
4.5 gigs of ram
9800gt 1 gig

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 02-13-2011, 21:18
That article is far too ranty and inaccurate.

TW_Dagger
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 02-13-2011, 21:24
You make a good game, people will pirate it, enjoy it, and buy it, assuming they find it worth their cash. You make a **** game, people will pirate it, play it, then **** on it.

Except only **** games continue to get made anyways. You can stop pirates from pirating, but you can persuade them a bit.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 02-13-2011, 21:31
Or hey, maybe stop charging 60 ****ing dollars for digitally delivered games.

Games have gotten more expensive while providing less content (or holding it back as "DLC") and replayability.
Companies are making millions off of Steam sales for a reason: most games are vastly overpriced and most gamers know this.

You see Publishers trying to fight back against the "wait for a sale" mentality with "exclusive" preorder bull****. Personally, that drives me away from even buying the game. See: the new Mortal Kombat with merchant specific costumes and fatalities. Yeah, **** you.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 02-13-2011 at 21:35..
Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
96 - 02-13-2011, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
Or hey, maybe stop charging 60 ****ing dollars for digitally delivered games.

Games have gotten more expensive while providing less content (or holding it back as "DLC") and replayability.
Companies are making millions off of Steam sales for a reason: most games are vastly overpriced and most gamers know this.

You see Publishers trying to fight back against the "wait for a sale" mentality with "exclusive" preorder bull****. Personally, that drives me away from even buying the game. See: the new Mortal Kombat with merchant specific costumes and fatalities. Yeah, **** you.
Video game costs - Video Game Sales Wiki - Video Game Sales, Charts, NPD, Graphs, Video Game Figures, and more!

If you want to know why games cost what they do today, that's mainly the reason. It takes highly specialized people to actually put these games together, and these days it's just a whole lot more work to do just about anything.

I think people really overlook what the profitability margins are for games, and really how tight things can be sometimes. It says right in the article, that all it takes are one or two bad releases and an entire studio gets axed. I think what people overlook is how difficult it is to actually justify a project like Crysis with really high production values, and how much harder it's going to get after you have leaks like this.

Stuff like this isn't good for anyone.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 02-13-2011, 22:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
Video game costs - Video Game Sales Wiki - Video Game Sales, Charts, NPD, Graphs, Video Game Figures, and more!

If you want to know why games cost what they do today, that's mainly the reason. It takes highly specialized people to actually put these games together, and these days it's just a whole lot more work to do just about anything.

I think people really overlook what the profitability margins are for games, and really how tight things can be sometimes. It says right in the article, that all it takes are one or two bad releases and an entire studio gets axed. I think what people overlook is how difficult it is to actually justify a project like Crysis with really high production values, and how much harder it's going to get after you have leaks like this.

Stuff like this isn't good for anyone.
Personally I think video/computer games have become the latest way to over inflate budgets into the stratosphere much like the movie industry has.

Quote:
Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot has predicted game budgets will rise to an average of USD 60 million in the future. Games for Xbox 360 and PS3 cost between USD 20 million and USD 30 million to make.
60 million dollars eh? well then I guess these fat ****s need to spend a little more of that money on their employee salaries so they don't get so put off by being worked to death and then laid off that they leak a copy of the game onto the web.

As for the leak itself, unless Crytek really screws up by not supporting the PC base with mod tools and public server code then they're going to reap the whirlwind of a disgruntled community - which they created in the first place.

Despite what is included with the leaked beta files they're already saying a big N O to allowing private server hosting, I'll be absolutely floored if EA allows Crytek to officially release the sandbox editor for the game.

Also, poor Valve. They had HL2 beta "leaked" onto the web and everyone and their dog downloaded it. Oh, it went on to sell 12 million copies?

Well so much for the doom and gloom theory.

The Master of Online Mayhem - Forbes.com

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 02-13-2011, 23:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
looks good

i wonder how it would run on my pc

q6600 quadcore
4.5 gigs of ram
9800gt 1 gig
Should run fine, depending on how high of a resolution you run at. I don't think this will be remotely as demanding as the original was, medium settings with no AA and turning off crap like motion blur and depth of field.

sdest
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 02-14-2011, 00:18
Neowin.net - Killzone 3 leaks to the web

Killzone 3 leaked as well now?

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 02-14-2011, 00:34
The internet has sprung a leak!!

I'm sure the government will get around to re-pluming it for us.

Page 5 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Crysis 2 leaked 49 days early.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐 , ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀