PU night changes

hmm I haven't played tribes in about 3 months. Does it work on ubuntu?

If so maybe i'll play some today.

Yea I came back to t1 about 2 months ago or so. Maybe 3 now. I tried Midair but haven't spent much time with it. To me, if a game doesn't suck you in immediately then I don't really see the point. I was pretty underwhelmed. I may give it another crack but... meh. Have you tried it?

Also come back to t1. We could really use a boost in good players.

I'm not sure if Midair will ever grab me the way T1 did. However, Midair is closer to T1 physics wise than any other tribes game. The gun play is really fun as well. It is definitely easier to play. However, with the planned server toggles which will allow flag iffs to be turned off, combined with the increased fog we have seen on most maps, I still think the game will be more fun to play than T1 currently is.

New game, new players, new maps, great netcode, very similar gameplay, what is really preventing people from liking the game? Perhaps it's not having a good enough computer, or it's the hatred of other tribes failures, or maybe people's fragile egos are holding them back.

I can't see why a T1 LT player wouldn't at least find the game fun to mess around in. Unless you were diehard into the T1 physics.

The look of the game alone is a huge turnoff to me

I may try it again when I'm all settled in Alabama in July. Maybe I'll build a PC that can run it a bit better too.

Last edited:
It is being done as a sort of mass market cartoon style. I don't agree with it but at least the fully arted maps look pleasant enough to look at and I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of model updates I hope too.

Depending on how much I make this summer I'll be maybe building a better PC as well. I'd like to give it a try.
L9rBG30.gif

New game, new players, new maps, great netcode, very similar gameplay, what is really preventing people from liking the game? Perhaps it's not having a good enough computer, or it's the hatred of other tribes failures, or maybe people's fragile egos are holding them back.

I can't see why a T1 LT player wouldn't at least find the game fun to mess around in. Unless you were diehard into the T1 physics.

i admit i've probably been overly critical of the game and i would respond to your actual points

but the ego comment is a perfect example of why some people are driven away from this community

not everyone has their ego tied to their performance in an unfinished video game and you're implying that if people dont like the same things you do, its because they think they'll never be as good as you or proj or mabel

Back