Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 59 of 229
Lamb
VeteranX
Old
1161 - 03-10-2009, 18:57
edit:nope, nevermind

also, i tried to vote again (despite having yet to receive a 2nd email to say i'm actually validated), still not working

Last edited by Lamb; 03-10-2009 at 19:05..
Sponsored Links
Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
1162 - 03-10-2009, 19:02
1,600 down or so....

Lamb
VeteranX
Old
1163 - 03-10-2009, 19:05
was looking at the wrong one ;P

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
1164 - 03-10-2009, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
edit:nope, nevermind

also, i tried to vote again (despite having yet to receive a 2nd email to say i'm actually validated), still not working
nope, there's another couple over 10k

..ninja

Last edited by Scourge; 03-10-2009 at 19:11..
telos
VeteranXV
Old
1165 - 03-10-2009, 19:11
Ok e-mail sent.

My dad is in marketing/advertising/design/print/sales and he said when they do contests like this data is cross referenced with something called the "national address service" and if they can't verify that an adult with that name lives at that address it will get automatically flagged and tossed out if the rest of the info looks fishy.

Lamb
VeteranX
Old
1166 - 03-10-2009, 19:12
well that's good, i just picked some guy out of the phone book at random. i hope he likes getting **** from feldmann nissan

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1167 - 03-10-2009, 19:14
.... damn it. That is cheating as well. Means you can't do that.

and sure as **** shouldn't post about it to give other people the same stupid idea.

alienkiller
VeteranXX
Old
1168 - 03-10-2009, 19:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
well that's good, i just picked some guy out of the phone book at random. i hope he likes getting **** from feldmann nissan

SuperTroop
VeteranX
Old
1169 - 03-10-2009, 19:23
I registered and voted... 16 votes or something, I did everything. Hope you win

[apoc]
VeteranX
Old
1170 - 03-10-2009, 19:24
registered and voted (+16)

somehow i missed this thread

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
1171 - 03-10-2009, 19:29
Your 1 vote(s) has been cast

hastie
VeteranX
Old
1172 - 03-10-2009, 19:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by [apoc] View Post
registered and voted (+16)

somehow i missed this thread
yeah, it's kind of easy to miss, it should probably be stickied.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1173 - 03-10-2009, 19:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastie View Post
yeah, it's kind of easy to miss, it should probably be stickied.
I <3 TW

Got a message back already. They are in the process of auditing all voters. I assume they are going in order of couple. we are couple 10 they are couple 101 so we might see a change in the next day or so. They wouldn't tell me if any other groups were having the same problem with idiot voters though

Their response and my e-mail attempting to be very...smooth I guess.
Quote:
Brandan,

Thank you for your message. Rest assured all voters are being audited the same regardless of ranking of the couple they are voting for.

Dream Wedding Admin
805-351-8809
www.FeldmannNissan.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:08 PM
To: Wedding Giveaway Admin
Subject: Re: Vote Deduction

I've been getting e-mails from blocked voters all day and I definitely can see where the flat out fake information is coming from. I have informed them that they can either supply real information or just quit attempting to help by obviously not helping at all.

The section of voters that seem to be engaging in trying to hide their real information so they don't get spamed is the same demographic I would expect to see participating in a win an xbox contest that is open to the whole internet. I've monitored the top 10 couples on a pretty much hourly basis and we appear to be the only one who has had any votes removed.

Just searching any of the top couples names on google you can see we are employing pretty much the exact same tactics to gain votes from those we don't immediately know so its hard for me to believe we are the only ones having this issue.

I'm not trying to be whiny at this point because from what I have seen every one who has been banned rightly deserved it and even though the rules have been posted time and time again they didn't follow them. I do have every one who did vote legitimately crying foul play since they hate to see "their team" take a hit like that so I said I would send this one e-mail so you don't get inundated with hundreds of e-mails asking if other couples using the same "obtain votes from strangers" tactics we have been using are also facing the same problems with rule breaking voters. We have a lot of voters who spend way too much time tracking this contest and todays vote drop stirred up a lot of chatter.

Thanks you for your time and I apologize for the actions of those who thought they were helping us but couldn't seem to follow very simple rules.

Brandan

Last edited by telos; 03-10-2009 at 19:44..
sPuNkiE
VeteranXV
Old
1174 - 03-10-2009, 19:47
Oh man telos I hope all the ****ing tards in this thread don't ruin this for you

We could easily win this with no cheating...

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1175 - 03-10-2009, 19:51
Its not like we are getting booted from the contest or anything and the 1600 vote gap really isn't that bad considering it was 1750 right after the vote cut 6 hours ago.

if we can even make up 100 a day we are fine which means getting 6 more real sign ups then them a day.

Not too worried about being able to get that its just much more of a challenge now than i was hoping it would be.

Lamb
VeteranX
Old
1176 - 03-10-2009, 20:04
they validated my data. vote +1

Lethal_Ranger
Veteran++
Old
1177 - 03-10-2009, 20:06
I don't seem to be able to vote for some reason... Very frustrating.

Quote:
Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

I'll try again later but it's annoying that I'll miss todays vote if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Blue-Mush
VeteranXV
Old
1178 - 03-10-2009, 20:08
voted

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1179 - 03-10-2009, 20:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Ranger View Post
I don't seem to be able to vote for some reason... Very frustrating.

I'll try again later but it's annoying that I'll miss todays vote if it doesn't get fixed soon.
Check your e-mail see if you got banned for providing ****ty data. You can supply real data and continue voting or you can stop its up to you.

RebelToRumble
VeteranX
Old
1180 - 03-10-2009, 20:22
Voted 4 U bby

Page 59 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless