So I got a slow cooker...

bam

Veteran XX
What the hell do I do with this thing? Any recommendations for recipes and what not?

And yes, I will be trying the pulled pork giga wrote about.

Google these recipes. I love our slow cooker, probably use it once a week.

Ribs and coke a cola slowcooker
BBQ pulled chicken slowcooker

Also, Campbells makes these easy slow cooker packets where you throw in like 2-3 lbss of pork roast or beef chuck or something in cubes, empty out the packet on top. let it sit, when you get home its done.

Seriously just google slow cooker recipes. Dump a bunch of shit in before you head to work in the morning, come home to a wonderful smelling house and a delicious meal.

They make books full of recipes. I don't know if you got a round one or oblong, but apparently, you can make cakes in these suckers.

I'm slowly learning shit I can do in them. I am still nervous as fuck to leave my house with this shit on, though.

The bf feels the same way. I just don't tell him when I use it so he never knows its on when we aren't home.

If you use it while you're home for hours, convince yourself nothing will happen when you're away. I mean...if your dog gets to it or something then he could eat the contents but you'll be alright.

We've used ours for stew, some kind of weird bean soup stuff, and i did pulled pork the other day. I also have a smaller one for queso and assorted dips.

I'm still not sold on slow cookers but I did just get an anova and so far i've cooked almost 2 meals a day for about a week and the thing is amazing. Won't blow my mind if it breaks in a month but if it does last it has to be the only must have kitchen appliance since an oven.

If there is one thing Facebook IS good for it is groups. I am in a slow-cooker hobbyist group there and you can get a lot of questions and feedback and recipes. Groups of that nature tend to be a lot more helpful and less trolly.

I'm still not sold on slow cookers but I did just get an anova and so far i've cooked almost 2 meals a day for about a week and the thing is amazing. Won't blow my mind if it breaks in a month but if it does last it has to be the only must have kitchen appliance since an oven.

Can you expound / explain?

Back