So pam aka madcat..when are you moving in with suicide taxi?

LogRoller said:
Well, my getting philiosophical does not necessarily correlate with an uncomfortable level of caring about what I post, so you should feel safe.

To answer your question (since you seem to care that people answer the questions that you pose to them on the internet), I do not necessarily care about what other people say to me if they are not empowered to evaluate me. However, when people post messages to each other for over four years, and you have developed friendships with some of them, then yes, you start to care about what you say and what they say.

So, I would say that the level of caring about a particular interaction is variable, just as it is in any other aspect of daily life. So your dismissal of people caring at all about how people evaluate their posts is short-sighted and exclusive of what I perceive to be the vast majority of participants on this board.

No, I really don't care. I could just drop this conversation and never look back on it again. It doesn't affect me immediately, nor in the future. Maybe you do care about what people you've "known" have to say, but I doubt fraggle and madcat really "care" about what they have to say to each other. If someone you've known did say that, you would analyze what he said, knowing there is a reason for him saying it.

And yes, there are friendships over the net, but in the end, most people will probably not meet them (e.g. some won't care enough to go out of their way to meet someone. This doesn't make me shy or anything, just that I would rather meet a person irl and then get to know them. Not everyone on the internet are the way they are irl and you can't judge that until you meet them.) I already have friends and I actually do CARE about what they say because they know me, and I know them.

As I said, it's the level of caring. You seem to believe that everyone really cares about what they say to the extent that it'll affect/reflects them.

This is my last post on this matter because...I really don't care about discussing human nature.

there is a storm brewing over reno....

goatsefakeclouds.jpeg

Yankee said:
I think we'll determine what's funny around here....and wtf 8 or so times? That dude's got STAMINA.

no you dink. the "is your mom still getting poked in the pooper?" line is losing it's flame.

Back