The official 'unofficial' story of goatse....and how tw goatse'd 300,000 peeps...

I wan't here for any of this, because when it was happening I was too busy making sure I didn't miss any of it -- the biggest foreign attack on American soil in 200 years, the biggest act of terrorism ever, an attack that made the Oklahoma City Bombing look like a birthday candle -- anyways, I was too busy watching it on TV and calling my friends' cell-phone (he was in Brooklyn at the time, he got footage of the 2nd plane hitting bldg btw) to log on to an internet forum and talk about how big this is.

AND DAMN IT ALL, LOOK WHAT I MISSED. If I would have known, I would DEFINITELY have whored IRC for this. I'm not being sarcastic; this kicked so much ass. It topped AYB as TW's finest moment.

I can't believe anybody saved this, I'm sure somebody else wrote a slightly more succinct version at some point. Still, a funny story it is, and that's the first screenshot I've ever seen of the actual incident. I knew exactly what it was, but clicked it anyway and spent a good minute laughing. I think I've become immune to the goatse man at this point or something.

Please tell me there is a SS of the Pokemon flying out of the building?

I think that was the first image that Rayn changed it to after he took down goatse

Imp said it was a few hours in his post, but as I remember it they took their shit down pretty fast. I remember a steady stream of e-mails after that where people scolded us for changing the pic.

One that sticks out was some bitch who was like, "I e-mailed that story to friends.." heh. I wish I still had those e-mails.

btw what was the AIDS water thing? It seems like i miss all the good stuff at TW and only hear about it after the fact.

mr_luc said:
I wan't here for any of this, because when it was happening I was too busy making sure I didn't miss any of it -- the biggest foreign attack on American soil in 200 years, the biggest act of terrorism ever, an attack that made the Oklahoma City Bombing look like a birthday candle -- anyways, I was too busy watching it on TV and calling my friends' cell-phone (he was in Brooklyn at the time, he got footage of the 2nd plane hitting bldg btw) to log on to an internet forum and talk about how big this is.

AND DAMN IT ALL, LOOK WHAT I MISSED. If I would have known, I would DEFINITELY have whored IRC for this. I'm not being sarcastic; this kicked so much ass. It topped AYB as TW's finest moment.

See? that was your mistake. You should know to come to TW when you want breaking news.

I thought it was going to happen yesterday (Thursday April 24th) because Firingsquad and Bluesnews linked directly to TW for the announcement. The server was crawling from 4pm est, some posted there was 60k people trying to surf the site.

Seems the traffic load settled down and someone posted a mirror site on bluesnews after I told them they we're killing TW.

Back