Few questions by cheezit - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Oblivion
Reload this Page Few questions
cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 05-07-2006, 06:54 PM
i got back into this game after being sidetracked by other stuff. i'm lost on a few things and have some questions about some other stuff.

1st, i'm at the part of the main quest where you go to the deghon shrine or whatever north of cheydinall. i actually managed to escape with the book and have done a few quests since, but i was wondering if there was a better way to go about it. basically i forfeited all my stuff. killed the sacrifice. pickpocketed what i could from the guy who took my stuff, grabbed the book and made a mad dash for the exit and after 3 or 4 tries i made it out. unfortunately i couldnt retrieve any cash or my lockpicks and i really don't feel like accumulating the 2k gold i had at the time, as its still quite a bit for me. any better way to go about this quest? i have some saves before it.

also, i'm level 6 at this point, is that too high/low? i hear the game is easier if you stay low level for a while, and i'm having trouble fighting groups of any kind right now.

how do you use soul trap? i have some soul stones that are empty but i use soul trap and it says i capture souls but it doesnt fill up my stones. not sure how it works still.

do i have to close all the random oblivion gates i come acrossed? kvatch was kind of a ***** and i'd rather not have to go through and close them all.

also keep in mind i'm playing on 360. comp can't handle the game.

Sponsored Links
Breadman86
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 05-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Lots of questions

First off, yes, you can go about the Deghon shrine another way. I did what you said first, but didn't like that route so I just killed the guy straight up (the one who wanted me to give him my stuff), took the key, and killed everyone in there, took the book, and left. Got to keep all my stuff in the process!

Also, I did it around lvl 14 or 15 I guess. Really, levels don't much matter in this game. It should be relatively just as difficult to do that mission at level 6 as it is to do it at level 25. Remember though, you do have the option to turn the games difficulty slider down if something really is insanely hard! It can definitely help out in a sticky situation. Some say it's cheating, but I say whatever.

I don't soul trap so I can't answer that one question.

And yeah, sometimes I close oblivion gates if I feel I want to. You don't have to though. Kvatch was a major major pain. But the gates get to be easier and easier as you go on in the sense that you can kind of guess what to expect in each gate. You don't have to worry about running into really tough characters because they are all matched to what level you are. The random oblivion gates will be a lot easier than Kvatch though, or so I think.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 05-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman86
Lots of questions

First off, yes, you can go about the Deghon shrine another way. I did what you said first, but didn't like that route so I just killed the guy straight up (the one who wanted me to give him my stuff), took the key, and killed everyone in there, took the book, and left. Got to keep all my stuff in the process!
yeah i'd have to lower the difficulty to do that. they tear me up pretty good if i'm fighting more than one.

Evil Light Bulb
VeteranX
Old
4 - 05-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I just beat the main quest, the game is ****ing awesome. I waited on the whole main quest until I was level 20 hehe. Arena champion/Fighter's Guild Master/able to get into arcane U. I slaughtered everybody in the cave I'm pretty sure I have the equipment I'm always going to use if I keep playing this character. Umbra + Daedra longsword with 25 shock (to fight daedra) and a +25Drain Health Daedric longsword (I never die if it is charged)

The gemstones can only capture souls of a certain size. So keep that in mind. If an enemy is soultrapped when you kill them and there is a soul gem that can fit them you're set.

The second part of Martin's request will suck if you do only the daedric quests for items you like :x So keep that i mind.

I would highly reccomend Azura's quest and Nocturnal's quest. Their prizes are awesome I wish I had done them earlier in the game. Finding them is part of the fun and ****. However, their locations are listed in every guide all over the internet.

You don't have to close all the random gates, they just spawn more of them in other parts of the world anyways. A quest may arise asking you to close gates and you really don't have to do all of those either. I did them all just so I could have some nice sigil stones. I've got a wide selection of weapons depending on what I am doing but normally it's shock/life leach/umbra. Azura's quest was the key to making this work :x

My comp is pretty ****ty too, really chokes up on some parts especially in one part where I just spammed creatures because I lagged so hard it's hard to fight hehe.

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
5 - 05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit
1st, i'm at the part of the main quest where you go to the deghon shrine or whatever north of cheydinall. i actually managed to escape with the book and have done a few quests since, but i was wondering if there was a better way to go about it. basically i forfeited all my stuff. killed the sacrifice. pickpocketed what i could from the guy who took my stuff, grabbed the book and made a mad dash for the exit and after 3 or 4 tries i made it out. unfortunately i couldnt retrieve any cash or my lockpicks and i really don't feel like accumulating the 2k gold i had at the time, as its still quite a bit for me. any better way to go about this quest? i have some saves before it.
1st, you can go back there right now and kill the guy that has your stuff.

This is how I did it.
Spoiler

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Oblivion
Reload this Page Few questions

Social Website Bullshit