The Drawing Thread

BeLiaL said:
Damn, you guys are awesome. I would love to be able to draw like that -- I'd probably never leave my room, though.

yeah i usually dont leave the room...work work

Here is a super rough a page im working on. I do this super rough to get the point across and to spot blacks, then ink this puppy...
magSKETCHpg1.jpg

when i was little (10-12) i was always drawing, i had a drawing desk with like 5 different types of pencils and misc tools in my room

i wanted to grow up and be an artist, but then i started playing computer games

every once in awhile in my college classes ill just start drawing lines and by the time im done 45m-1hr has passed and i have a nice little abstract design on my paper, and im sitting there wondering what we had just discussed

scarlet johansen?

nice gift

profile pic is a little weak, the shoulder throws everything off due to it's size

also, explain the snow signature ;F

Freakafoniks said:
scarlet johansen?

nice gift

profile pic is a little weak, the shoulder throws everything off due to it's size

also, explain the snow signature ;F

yep scarlett. The profile one is a bit off, but it's nothing more then a quick 20 min study during figure drawing. The snow signature is my last name :)

MinasTirithGuard said:
Sorry, Zero, you've drawn the swastikas backwards.

Nice job though, I like the first frame alot.

I flipped the image to see if it look better and it did. Also did you know that the swastika drawn the other way is a symbol of good luck?

Kami said:
wacom sketch
arty27ay.jpg

Kami did you use a brush style for the "ink blot" effect? I've been trying to find a way to easily replicate something like that for a web project I'm working on.

i dont have anything else scanned in, and these are almost 5 years old. and they suck. scanning pencil drawings is always interesting.

tim2.jpg

tim3.jpg

Calamari said:
Kami did you use a brush style for the "ink blot" effect? I've been trying to find a way to easily replicate something like that for a web project I'm working on.

yeah it's actually from a really wicked set of splatter brushes. i couldn't track them down agian for some reason, but PM me and I'll send the package to you if you like.

Zero-Optix said:
I flipped the image to see if it look better and it did. Also did you know that the swastika drawn the other way is a symbol of good luck?

Ahh, good. And yes I knew that, I'm half Indian. Swastikas are all over certain Indian and Nepalese goods.

Back