Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Tribes 2 Install, Patch
Page 1 of 4
BigPappa
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 11-14-2005, 07:15
I have just reinstalled winXP and now Tribes 2 does not even want to load. When I start if up all I get is a UE and it never even gets to the loggin screen, anyone have any ideas?

P.S: if you say Tribes 2 is dead, DIE!!!

Sponsored Links
Spry
Veteran++
Old
2 - 11-14-2005, 08:01
Is it patched all the way up?

Are you running it through DT?

video card drivers!?

Nailer
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 11-14-2005, 09:17
TRIBES 2 INSTALLATION

Tribes 2 Game Files:
Tribes 2 - 25034 - Latest Re-Release Retail Version

Tribes 2 Serial Key And Account Situation:
The Tribes 2 Serial Key Promotion has ended and therefore you will either require a key that has previously been obtained from the promotion or from the retail version. The Tribes 2 Account Registration Server has been shut down and therefore you will require a Registered Tribes 2 Account. The Tribes 2 Authentication Server has been shut down and therefore you will be required to directly connect to the Tribes 2 Server which has removed the class b network restriction.

Tribes 2 Account Reset:
Email [email protected] m and use 'Tribes 2 Account Reset' or 'Tribes 2 Account Retrieve' in the subject line. Include in the message your Tribes 2 CD-key number exactly as it is shown on the package along with a picture or scanned image file ( .JPG or .BMP format only) of the CD with CD-key showing (to verify ownership of the CD-key) and state the specific problem you are encountering with this account or CD-key.

Tribes 2 Update Files:
Tribes 2 Patch 21570 - 25034 - Required For Classic Retail Version Only

Tribes 2 Classic Modification:
Tribes 2 Classic 1.5.2 - Required For Server or Offline Play Only- Required For Online Play Only

Tribes 2 Multiplayer Patch:
Tribes 2 Next - Required For Online Play

Team Rabbit 2 Modification:
TR2 Server 0412 - Required For Server or Offline Play Only
TR2L-MapPack 4 - Required For Online Play
TR2-TournyPack - Maybe Required For Online Play

Tribes 2 Anti-Cheat Software:
Defense Turret 1.15 - Required For Online Play

Tribes 2 Scripts:
Slingscripts - Client Side Scripting Modifications
Slingscripts - Client Side Scripting Modifications

Tribes 2 Resources:
Tribes 2 Resources - Database Of Tribes 2 Files
TR2 Resources - Database Of Team Rabbit 2 Files

Tribes 2 Map Packs:
TWL-MapPack - Required For Online Play
TWL2-MapPack v2.0 - Required For Online Play
DynamixFinalPack - Maybe Required For Online Play
XPack2-MapPack - Maybe Required For Online Play
EuroPack2-MapPack v1.12b - Maybe Required For Online Play
EuroPack4-MapPack v2.01 - Maybe Required For Online Play

Tribes 2 Multi-Core Processor:
With multi-core processors (dual, quad, octo) you are required to set the core affinity for the “Tribes 2 Executable” tribes2.exe or "Defense Turret Executable" dt.exe in Windows Task Manager. Alternately you can add the required parameters to a batch file.

T2 Batch File:
@echo off
CD C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameDa ta
start /affinity 1 /abovenormal tribes2.exe -online -login name password -mod classic
exit
DT Batch File:
@echo off
CD C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameDa ta
start /affinity 1 /abovenormal dt.exe -online -login name password -mod classic
exit

Tribes 2 Authentication Server Error and Direct Connect Solution:
The Tribes 2 Authentication Server has been shut down and therefore the Tribes 2 Class B Fix will be required to remove the class b network restriction included in the latest Tribes 2 Version 25034. The Tribes 2 Server will then be required to be launched in LAN mode, which will enable the clients to connect directly to the server.

T2 Shortcut Target: "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\tribes2.exe" -nologin -mod classic -connect 144.140.154.67:28000

Tribes 2 Patch Error:
The inability to patch install message is due to the integrity of the installed Tribes 2 files. Uninstall Tribes 2, delete the Tribes 2 directory, reinstall Tribes 2, run the Tribes 2 First Aid Utility, and finally install the Tribes 2 Patch 21570 - 25034.

Tribes 2 IRC Popup Message Error:
The IRC popup message error which occurs in game can be removed by installing the noChatError script in your base/scripts/autoexec folder.

Team Rabbit 2 Modification Sound Stuttering Error:
The Team Rabbit 2 sound stuttering error is due to the stereo / surround sound files which are triggered through specific flag passes, therefore this error can be corrected through resampling the specified files to mono sound files or alternately installing the TR2final093-extras and TR2final105-client into your "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\base" folder replacing the original installed files.

Tribes 2 Startup Error:
The unhandled exception [ue] error message on startup is due to unaccelerated OpenGL Drivers [Windows Default Drivers] install your video card drivers.

Tribes 2 Launch Updater:
Your version (0.25034.0.0) of Tribes 2 is out of date, but there are no updates to update Tribes 2 to the latest version.

This is the error message you receive when trying to run the latest install of Tribes 2 from the shortcut "T2 online" which was created on your desktop or in your start menu program group. The Tribes 2 Update Server erroneously generates this message as Tribes 2 Version 25034 is the latest update and therefore you are required to follow the "Tribes 2 Launch Setup" directions to amend this problem.

Tribes 2 Launch Setup:
Make a new shortcut to the "Tribes 2 Executable" Tribes2.exe and add -online to the end of the commandline. You can also add -login name password to bypass login screen and -mod classic to load the classic mod on startup. These parameters can also be added to the "Defense Turret Executable" dt.exe which is the primary shortcut required for online play.

T2 Shortcut Target: "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\tribes2.exe" -online -login name password -mod classic
DT Shortcut Target: "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\dt.exe" -online -login name password -mod classic

Tribes 2 Installation Procedure:
1. Install Tribes 2 From the Original Retail CD Version or the Re-Release Retail Version.
2. Install the Tribes 2 Patch 21570-25034. (Only Required for Original Retail CD Version)
3. Install the Classic 1.5.2 Modification, Overwriting the Current Files. (Optional. Only required for Offline Play. Ski Route Practise, Loadout Configuration, Strategy Preparation, etc)
4. Install the Map Packs and Client Side Scripts.
5. Right Click the Tribes 2 LAN Shortcut and change the Target:
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\tribes2.exe" -nologin -mod classic
6. Right Click the Tribes 2 Online Shortcut and change the Target:
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\tribes2.exe" -online -login name password -mod classic
or for Manual Login change the Target:
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\tribes2.exe" -online –mod classic
7. Launch the Tribes 2 LAN Shortcut and Configure the Settings and Host a Game and Configure your Loadouts, and then Exit. Alternately, Launch the Tribes 2 Online Shortcut (Manual Login Target) and Enter your Login Details and Check the Save Option (Need to Save your Login Details to Prevent Re-Entering the Login Details Every Time you Launch The Defense Turret Client) and Configure the Settings and Host a Game and Configure your Loadouts, and then Exit.
8. Install the Defense Turret 1.15 Client.
9. Right Click the Defense Turret LAN Shortcut and change the Target:
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\dt.exe" -nologin -mod classic
10. Right Click the Defense Turret Online Shortcut and change the Target:
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\dt.exe" -online -login name password -mod classic
or for Manual Login change the Target:
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\dt.exe" -online -mod classic
11. Launch Tribes 2 using the Tribe 2 LAN Shortcut for Offline Play, and Defense Turret Online Shortcut for Online Play.

Last edited by Nailer; 01-10-2009 at 22:22..
KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
4 - 11-14-2005, 10:27
If you've ever played a computer game in your life, you HAVE to know that updated video drivers are required. WTF BigP??

Anyway, what ^^^ he said.

Priml1
VeteranX
Old
5 - 11-14-2005, 10:41
test your ram
http://www.memtest86.com/

one of my systems ran every game except T2 fine.
tried all of the above then ran anti-spyware , anti virus scans removed 1 piece of spyware game stopped UE's on startup let me play for liek 5-10 min then UE.
next step started testing every piece of hardware one by one found one error in the ram swapped out to a new stick.
No More UE's

i think T2 got a bad rap because of more bad/flaky ram causing UE's than anything else.

BigPappa
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 11-14-2005, 13:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spry
Is it patched all the way up?

Are you running it through DT?

video card drivers!?
Yes its patcheds all the way

Cant run DT with cheats :-)

I had to put in my GF2 , my other card fried. :-(

BigPappa
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 11-14-2005, 13:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailer
Unaccelerated OpenGL Drivers (Default Windows Drivers)

Install your Graphic's Card Driver:
NVIDIA ForceWare 81.89
ATI Catalyst 5.11

Tribes 2 Launch Setup:
Make a new shortcut to Tribes2.exe and add -online to the end of the commandline. You can also add -login name password to bypass login screen and -mod Classic to load the classic mod on startup.

"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\tribes2.exe" -online -login name password -mod Classic
"C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameD ata\dt.exe" -online -login name password -mod Classic

Defense Turret 1.15 Files:
Defense Turret 1.15
Defense Turret 1.15

Tribes 2 Map Packs:
TWLMapPack
XMapPack2
NixMapPack

Tribes 2 Scripts:
NixFix Slingscripts

Tribes 2 Classic 1.5.2 Files:
Tribes 2 Classic 1.5.2
Will those drivers work with a GF2 ?

BigPappa
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 11-14-2005, 13:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerONE
If you've ever played a computer game in your life, you HAVE to know that updated video drivers are required. WTF BigP??

Anyway, what ^^^ he said.
/me packs KillerONE into a Rocket Launcher

Calsa
Veteran++
Old
9 - 11-14-2005, 13:26
Try http://www.omegadrivers.net/ they have both Nvida and ATI custom driver builds, and I have NEVER had a problem with their custom driver sets.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
10 - 11-14-2005, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPappa
/me packs KillerONE into a Rocket Launcher
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! !

Plastic
Banned
Old
11 - 11-14-2005, 14:58
tribes 2 is dead

DudeofDeath
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 11-14-2005, 15:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic
tribes 2 is dead
not quite yet... It is what u make it.

Nailer
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 11-14-2005, 20:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPappa
Will those drivers work with a GF2 ?
The NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) has forward and backward compatibility across all NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Range of Cards except each series of drivers is optimized towards the respective series of NVIDIA cards released. For the GeForce 2 and 3 series I would recommend the NVIDIA 41.09 Detonator Driver, which has optimized performance for these series of cards and I have personally played through Tribes 2 with a GeForce 2 card and this driver.

NVIDIA Detonator 41.09

BigPappa
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
14 - 11-14-2005, 21:08
Thanks Nailer and thanks to the rest of you, I did get Tribes 2 working after the driver update.

WeRe-|WoLf|-
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 11-15-2005, 16:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priml1
i think T2 got a bad rap because of more bad/flaky ram causing UE's than anything else.
I like T2, so don't get me wrong, but I thought it was well known around here that T2 code was never adequately debugged.

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
16 - 11-15-2005, 16:51
It wasn't. For the most part UE's don't happen on modern systems anymore. There's still a lot of ****ty little bugs in the game due to the engine never being totally finished.

Things like the awful wheel code, dead stop bug on flat terrain, and others. On my ATI card I can't have AA on or the menu and end game score screen are all black, and I have to reset the gamma every time I start up. For the most part it's just annoying crap now and not anything that's a real deal breaker.

PlaZmaSnake
VeteranX
Old
17 - 12-26-2005, 23:53
The game does have amazing netcode, something T:V never pulled off.

tjmarco
Veteran++
Old
18 - 01-04-2006, 14:22
I just recently re installed Tribes 2 on my computer, and when I start it up it does a check to see what version I have ( its 25034 btw) anyway the updater says the version I have is out of date and that there are no updates to update Tribes 2 to the latest version. I click OK and thats it.... no playing..... I'm starting to panic.... I need my Tribes 2........ help.....

BigPappa
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
19 - 01-04-2006, 16:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmarco
I just recently re installed Tribes 2 on my computer, and when I start it up it does a check to see what version I have ( its 25034 btw) anyway the updater says the version I have is out of date and that there are no updates to update Tribes 2 to the latest version. I click OK and thats it.... no playing..... I'm starting to panic.... I need my Tribes 2........ help.....
did you rename the tribes 2 shortcut ?

tjmarco
Veteran++
Old
20 - 01-05-2006, 02:26
rename it to what?

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Tribes 2 Install, Patch

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
tribes is dead