Anyone every try this "bug"?

Nessal

Veteran XX
I sort of found this out accidentally when I was messing around while hauling ore back to dock. Lets say you have your hauler loaded with 3 expanders for a max of 10km3. Then you load all your crap onto it and max out your cargo space. Now undock and turn off all the cargo expanders. Each expander is -10% to speed. When you turn them off, it would not give you that penalty. However when you turn them off, you can still hold everything that you originally did when the expanders were on. Your cargo would show up like 10000/5500. Now you can do your 20 jumps a lot faster then say with a -30% speed penalty.

I'm suprised they didn't catch that.. last night while mining I somehow managed to drag ore into my ship at the exact same time my drones were unloading. This resulted in my having a cargo capacity of 670/453.

However, when I tried to warp I got the message "Somehow you have managed to load more into your cargo hold than it can carry. You may not warp until this is corrected" :)

I did something like that (turning off cargo expanders), but instead of letting me keep everything, it jettisoned the contents of my cargo hold. Luckily it was just outside the station, so I was able to retrieve it :shock:

FissioN said:
I did something like that (turning off cargo expanders), but instead of letting me keep everything, it jettisoned the contents of my cargo hold. Luckily it was just outside the station, so I was able to retrieve it :shock:

Hmmm, I never had that happen. Try it inside the dock first, then undock.

Back