need steak seasoning idea....

FngrBANG said:
GMSeas_SpMontStk.jpg

Choose "spicy" or regular.

all other posts are worthless.

:signed:

Add some saute' onions and or madeira sauce

Last edited:
You don't marinate steak... If you want to marinate steak get some flank steak.

I personally like T-bones and Ribeyes. I season them with Lawry's® season salt and coarse black pepper. After you have rubbed the seasoning on, let the steak fucking breath on the plate outside of the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. A nice size t-bone should be grilled for about 15 minutes for medium. Only flip it on the grill once. Do you hear me?! Once! When it's done and on your plate, slap 2 tablespoons of butter on it. Butter! Not fucking margarine! Butter!

Last edited:
I've tried the Montreal Steak Seasoning it's good, but I prefer Lawry's because it makes steak taste like steak.

Back when I was a stoner, I did a lot of experimenting cooking steak... I kept trying to find the right flavor. I tried all kinds of seasonings... and even marinades - like a dumbass. 'til one day I just did it straight up with lawry's and pepper and I realized it was the best steak ever. Because it tasted like steak!

Stick two ribeyes in a casserole dish just big enough to hold them. Poke both sides several times with a fork. Sprinkle over steak:
  • Garlic powder
  • Thyme
  • Rosemary
  • Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • Minced onion (the dry kind from the spice aisle)
Open a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout and pour over the steaks, covering them completely. Put lid on casserole dish and stick in the fridge for 72 hours. Grill. Eat.

Anyone that poke holes in steak or smothers them with anyting needs to learn how to buy beef.

A steak needs to be grilled on a HOT BBQ and turned ONCE. Do not poke, prod or otherwise fuck with it.

Fucking heathens.

Here's a Montreal Seasoning recipe, for those that like to mix their own.

• 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp. MSG
  • 2 Tbs. Kosher/Sea Salt
  • 1 Tbs. Dillweed
  • 1 Tbs. Paprika
  • 1 Tbs. Red Pepper (ground)
  • 1 Tbs. Cracked Pepper

Regarding salt and steaks:

Alton Brown owns every single person on this board when it comes to cooking, and HE seasons his steak with salt, 15-30 minutes before cooking. It's draws out some of the juices towards the surface, and helps create an amazing caramelized crust. It does NOT dry out the meat, in fact, the seared crust helps retain moisture while cooking.

4dinner.jpg

Fucking bullshit. That steak in the pic is a ripoff fairy steak. The only saving grace is that it's rump instead of rib fillet.

The thing needs to be twice as thick, cooked on a searing hot grill and still be mooing in the middle inch.

Fuck the salt and the semen and the garlic. A steak that's a REAL FUCKING STEAK needs no introduction you hopeless cunts.

meat stabbers, non-salt users, steak sauce eaters, and marinators - please study Alton Brown's various works...

anyone who says the best steak they ever had was smothered in anything is probably referring to the big night out they had with the family at Applebees... uncultured trailer trash... ;)

Back