Omber Mining, Aug 18 + Ore Distribution Equation

xi'Vexus

Veteran XX
Nightly Totals :
218,660 Omber
26,480 Silvery Omber
28,550 Golden Omber

We had 10 miners come/go over the course of the night. Depending on the selling price of the ore, we earned between 11.1 - 14.7 million ISK last night.

In terms of future operations...
There are three "models" that we can use for a mining gang:

-------------
1. Union style, where the maximum you are allowed to earn is based on the total amount of ore produced, divided by the number of miners. Miners who are not present for the entire operation pay a penalty based on the ratio of ore produced during / not-during their time.

Ore paid in penalty by the short-term miners is distributed in a pre-determined manner. Corporations often sell it and dump the money in to a "company pool", or is given to members of the corporation capable of using it to manufacture.

The only requirement for tracking this method is to take an inventory as members arrive and leave the gang.

-------------
2. Production ratio method, where your take is equal to the percentage of ore you mined during the time you were present.

This method is the most fair, in my opinion, as long as the gang is not part of a single corporation and is not interested in investing any of the returns for future operations (which is done with the penalties from the Union method). It requires counting up the total inventory of the operation any time a miner joins or leaves.

-------------
3. Time ratio method, where your take is equal to the percentage of mining time you contributed in relation to the total mining time of the entire gang. Miners being added or removed simply need to have the EVE-time of arrival/departure recorded.

This method is the only fair equation if multiple haulers are not dumping to the same inventory pool, since it prevents having a total inventory count when people join or leave.

This method tends to favor the miners that stay for the entire mining period, as it is easy to build a large enough time pool to basically drown out the miners who only came for a short period of time.
-------------

I'm more then happy to handle the book keeping any time we do mining ops and I'm online. I have a handy dandy excel spread sheet that takes care of the first two methods automatically.

We used method 1 in the descriptions above last night, which distributed about 96% of the ore. The additional 4% that was paid in penalty by people leaving early or showing up late is being used to buy upgraded hauling ships... since we were constantly mining faster then we were hauling all night.

Nice.

I should be doing some mining tomorrow. Friday night is party night. Well so is Saturday night, but I am free during the day!

Back