Sharon Den Adel is one of the best female vocalists alive

Bodom

Veteran XX
her voice is very moving. its really amazing to hear her. anyways she is the lead singer for Within Temptation, a gothic metal band from europe

http://www.within-temptation.com/

you should do yourself a favor and download these songs:

Ice Queen
Angels

i could host a video of either of those songs. the Ice Queen video is kind of wierd because it has some blonde chick in her panties using the internet to learn about the band???

tn_Sharon_woodstage.jpg

I really like Tarja Turunen from Nightwish. Her voice is beautiful. :eek: She also did work with Ayreon that was pretty kickass.

tarja has an amazing voice too but she sings in whatever you call the operatic style

sharon sings normal and has an amazing voice

I've been to one of their concerts and hearing her live is like listening to the CD.
She was hitting the notes just right also right from the start, quite unlike in the Evanesence DVD I have. that singer needs about half an hour to get her voice warmed up.

The band is amazing in a live performance. And they have a lot of humor :)
The band already started a song a bit too early while she was changing her outfit, so she already had to start singing while still somewhere in the back. Coming up on stage she had to turn around a couple of times to rearrange her boobs and they where all just laughing and grinning. It was really funny, but you had to be there I guess.

If you ever have a chance to see them live .... do so and you will not regret it!

every kid and their mom's dog here walks around with a Within Temptation shirt since ice queen and their other goth pop hits have hit radio and music tv stations

couldn't stand zeke's t2 vid either.. ;D

This is.. weird. Her voice is so high.

I dunno if I can get into this. Think I'll stick with Nightwish for female-fronted goth metal. :(

Nightwish is fucking annoying. It's what you get when you combine annoying Michael Bay soundtrack music with Video Game soundtracks that get the Orchestra treatment, add in a splash of Rock Opera and you're all set for the soundtrack of my nightmares.

The correct answer to 'best female vocalist alive' is Lisa Gerrard.

Back