Vengeance Vengeance

Marweas said:
It's business, so the only influence that matters is money. If you follow the money through the industry long enough you understand where the weak points and the pressure points are. VUG won't listen to anyone here. But there are ways to make them listen to EVERYONE here.
As valiant an idea as this is, I cannot help but feel that it is predestined to fail. You're looking for support in the wrong place, and you know it. Tribes will fade inevitably fade out, and life will progress as it always has.

I do not see any possible way to get VUG to bend at all toward our desires. It just will not happen.

Running it into the ground is key, this will clear out any of the current cancer that is still around to destroy what we have come to love.

I want to hear a direct answer from Marweas. I don't blame him for the pile of shit that was T:V, but he at least owes an explanation. Enough pussyfooting around and tell us what the fuck it is you think we can do.

i'd like to hear just how we as a community can cost VUG hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm all for shooting a hole in VUG's neck and fucking the bloody wound, but without actual clear "this is how to do it", i'm a little wary.

I think Plan C is better a community created Tribes like game. If they want the Tribes franchise so badly just to squeeze every last dime out of it so be it their loss. Torque and GG is the way to go and you guys know what I'm talking about. You should consider renaming the site and remove all VUG content.

Krytoss said:
i'd like to hear just how we as a community can cost VUG hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm all for shooting a hole in VUG's neck and fucking the bloody wound, but without actual clear "this is how to do it", i'm a little wary.
elementary my dear krytoss. we all go out and buy as many bargain copies of t:v as possible to taunt them at their failed endeavor. then the audience will be there and we'll have a legitimate voice, but they would have lost a majority of their profits.

sherlock.gif

Marweas said:
It's business, so the only influence that matters is money. If you follow the money through the industry long enough you understand where the weak points and the pressure points are. VUG won't listen to anyone here. But there are ways to make them listen to EVERYONE here.

ive seen my share of goings-on inside and close to the top of billion dollar organizations.

i agree that there are always weak points and ways to make just about anything happen, but it requires more than i think you are admitting.

imo, you are giving TW (specifically) way too much credit, and more importantly... this is a REACTIONARY position... not a proactive one.

what's the complaint? no patch? is that really our beef???

i know that isnt my beef, personally. i dont think a patch for TV is the issue whatsoever...

is the complaint the TV design? is that our beef? is there a clear articulation of what that means?

is the goal to make something new with "tribes" IP? who is the agent to take that cause? you? tw?

let's get real... before we all pretend we can get what we want (without even having any clear sense of what's wanted)

We write up a proposal of how we are going to screw them, and what we want it Tribes brand, T2 Source .. .. and whatever else you guys can think of.

could they really do anything to T1? yeah they could take down the master server, but i feel that can be easily circumvented.

Celestial said:
I vote to rename the site, "Something Awful Part 2"

The return of The Tribes Patch Cancellation Disscussion Thread (VUG-Greg (Interactive Marketing))

More endless dribble leading to nothing.

Rayn said:
So uh ... this plan doesn't involve stealing any commercial aircraft, right?

Good idea. We could convince some terrorists that the VUG building is really a front for the biggest US support group in the World.

I would feel sorry for the innocent imployees, but I'm willing to lose a few people to get our point accross.

:lol:

Nobody can blame T:V for being T:V . None of the games . . . Starsiege, T1, T2, etc . . . could have become what they did without developer support.

T:V died not from what it was out the box but from being an unsupported game. To me this vindicates IG and Thrax/Marweas.

TheRoDent said:
Marweas, you truly are a dumbfuck. According to you - whichever way it goes - VUG wins. Hah! Was this your "great plan" that you needed a weekend to think over? Even if you could possibly barter a deal to get Tribes(r) rights secured for use by the community, why the fuck should we trust you at _all_ ?

Whichever way you spin it supposedly, we lose. Wrong. If the master servers for T1/T2/T:V get pulled tomorrow I will make it my personal mission along with 10 other talented people to hack the WON, and GaySpy API's to pieces, thus making sure that people that BOUGHT these games are allowed to play it as they intended to. ONLINE.

The TW community have their hands on the engine. The projects are popping up. Tribes and it's Universe will live on regardless of what you or VUG do. The only rights VUG has is the name "Tribes(r)" and that's about fucking it. The community has owned the storyline, the characters and the lore behind Tribes more than VUG's shitty talent could ever dream of.

Goodbye VUGames, Thrax-fuck-up-a-game-Panda, Mar-fucking-suck-a-mommas-nipple-one-last-time-weasel, and the rest of you fucking wankers. I am making it my personal mission to violate the Tribes copyright in as many creative ways as I can possibly find.

Marweas, you can come back here and attempt to be the new 'independant' that saves the Tribes franchise, but most will always refer to you as that little fuck that ruined Tribes along with another bunch of little corporate twerps.

Tribes is bigger than you or VUGames.

It belonged to the community since 1995. The engine has belonged to GarageGames since 2003. Your announcement here simply reaffirms that fact.

STFU. And STFD.

First, if you're the same TheRoDent, thanks for saving T2.

Second, thank you for volunteering to help keep the Tribes games going.

Third, your post is angry, but at least you understand some of the problems I was trying to outline. There's no point in delivering the biggest bitch slap in gaming history to a gaming publisher just to get the servers shut off. The point is threatening to do it, showing that you can pull it off, and then using it to get something.

And that's the question. What do we want, what do we offer?
"Barter Tribes rights for the community?" Sure, but be specific.

Do you need the IP? Why? Do you need code? You need them to keep the master servers up and pay GameSpy? You going to trust them on anything they offer you? Dealing with VUG has proven to be a losing proposition for this community. What do you need from them before we can make a clean break? That's exactly what I want to discuss in this thread.

Back