"Blooper" Bug?

Feannag

Veteran XV
This happened to me last night on my warrior. I was in Ashenvale mining and there was one of those docile stags near me when I was done. Nothing huge, but I know they give venison for cooking so I decided to charge it. Well there was a small decline to the stag, maybe 25 degrees down that resulted in me charging down the hill.

Well as soon as I hit the decline it says I "fell" and took 756 damage or so. Maximum at the time was 723 or so. So in my attempt to charge this stag I "trip" over a small decline in a hill and kill myself instantly.

This happened to anyone else, or do I get the Complete Moron award for this rather stupid feat?

I took an after-screenshot, think I got the stats in there showing how much damage I took.

It took me a second to try and figure out WTF happened, I got owned by an Ashenvale Stag and a small hill.

So where's my award? Apparently I'm the first to attempt this dramatic feat of idiocy. :D

Last edited:
heh. one of the ten billion Charge bugs in action there :)

if you want to see funny shit, get yourself as drunk as possible and then start charging monsters.

This happened to me when I was in Winterspring walking down a snowy hill. Nothing exciting, just wandering around looking for a quest mob to kill and I just fell over dead. I checked my damage log and it said I took (my life max) in falling damage. wtf!

I've reported so many charging bugs. Pathing can be fun when you've cleared the area and it's no big deal if you go all over the place, but in LBRS you can royally F the raid if you haphazardly charge mobs w/o thinking about los. I did, one of the first times I was in there, and ended up running the *entire* back way around through all the trolls (near Vosh) and back up top again. Needless to say, a few mobs came to see us. :p

Also, you don't want to charge bugs near the edges of their hives. If there's one standing on the edge of the hive and you charge in, just expect to fall through the world. Happens almost every time.

One cool exploit with charge (before Blizz ninja fixed it) was you could jump off a high wall or something and spam charge at a mob. As soon as you got in range you'd shoot over at a nice soft angle and not take damage. You take damage now tho.. :/

The only thing I could do to better my warrior, gear wise, would be to get a set of MC Wrath gear. Other than that, we're all just cookie cutters. Valor + Reaper.

Back