[MAP PACK] Released At Last

I have been involved in competition mappacks at TWL. Better maps than yours were modified for competition. Sorry. I have seen some good work so far for T:V, but no masterpieces. I have seen maps very nearly masterpieces in T2 at TWL, and we modified them. By the way, I dont remember asking anyone's permission. Perhaps I should have. No one complained. It was known that the maps were modified - hence a name change. Same with the VM-maps IMO.

Months ago I suggested an organized attempt to build mappacks. Giess was the ONLY one to step up. He received some support from a small number of players, not enough. Certainly there are more people whining now than were helping then. Geiss appears to have attempted to stay true to his purpose, competition maps. He appears to have overlooked social politics. His bad. Competition maps, his good.

The solution, get involved.

As a comment, the number of halfassed mappers that have announced the 'start' of a map for cred and then either not finished or delayed the map is amazing. If you create original content, you get a gold star from me. If you create a smooth competition map, same. Otherwise, and I say this having done it, if it's just a map - eh. If it looks nice absent original content, credit Epic/IG.

Off topic. Things like this are the reason I am no longer active.

Nefilim said:
I made half the fucking maps in the T2 TWL rotation, I know what makes a good competition map.

Did you do some of the arena maps for TWL? If so, which ones...and a HUGE thanks!!!!!!! I cannot count the number of months I was playing those maps and loving them. Funny, just last night I was talking to another player about those maps and how great they were.

KambuL said:
I suggest that you look into an art movement known as "dada". Maybe you have seen the post card of the Mona Lisa with a mustache drawn on her face?

Thanks ..I'm always open to new things and I didn't realize this type of "art" actually had a name. I read up on it and I don't think it really applies in this case as it was apparently based on a form of protest against society (they considered themselves "non-artists") they would deface art in order to elicit
outrage and of course the most famous was the one you pointed out. But if it was outrage that was intended then I guess this would be appropriate ....

Anyway .... it's just sad that again our Tribes community continues to beat itself to death :(

Nefilim said:
First of all, geiss hasn't apologized for shit. I know he's read my posts, but he hasn't said one fucking word to me about what he did to my map. The bottom line here is, I could have easily (and already have) fixed all imbalance issues in my map without someone like geiss fucking butchering it. It does not make me happy that my creation is going to "help" vengeance competition... because it's not my creation any more... it's now an ugly ass half torn apart unfinished buggy piece of shit.

I've been mapping and PLAYING for 5 years also, I'm no stranger to competitive play. And while I agree, it is a matter of opinion for the most part as to what makes a good comp map... Your opinions don't give geiss the right to butcher the map I've spent countless hours on without even telling me. I am more qualified to fix balance issues on MY MAP than some fucking poser who thinks that balancing = mirroring everything.

I have countless maps still being played in T2 today, I am not after the satisfaction of a hundred or so competitive T:V players playing my map. I made the map for me, if it is deemed suitable for competitive play, then great. But I wouldn't loose any sleep over it not being included. And the fact that I haven't released this map anywhere else, means that I sure as fuck don't want the version geiss ruined to be the only version of my map out there. The way it looks now, I don't even want my name associated with it.

I'm not arguing that my map had some issues that wouldnt have made it a great map for competition, but they are all issues that can be fixed BY ME without fucking ruining it.

Well, first off, thanks for creating the maps you did. I'm sure I had fun on the majority of them.

Secondly, if you feel like you need to be the one to step in and make your map "competition" ready so to speak, then why don't you do it and send it over to geiss? I'm sure we wouldn't mind as long as it didn't take an eternity. Most people are pretty anxious to get new maps into the rotation as quickly as possible.

KambuL said:
Secondly, if you feel like you need to be the one to step in and make your map "competition" ready so to speak, then why don't you do it and send it over to geiss? I'm sure we wouldn't mind as long as it didn't take an eternity. Most people are pretty anxious to get new maps into the rotation as quickly as possible.

I've been working on my map the last few days, addressing all the issues that have been brought to my attention. I hope to have it done by this weekend.

Geiss said:
^^^

problems/suggestions were presented to him a few days ago.

Geiss,

The fact that after all this time you still cant flat out apologize and still hide behind your rationalizations/pretenses that you are fuckin helping... is precisely why you will remain banned in #tvmappers and stay on the shitlist of any mappers with integrity.

Stop hiding behind your false intentions and try APOLOGIZING to nefilim, myself, etc... without posturing about being 1337 comp player and without posturing about your intentions.

I'm in awe and am wondering if you might not be a 12 year old girl.

edit:

btw, the reason i came to check this thread is i was about to clear your ban and then saw that you still weren't a man... and it pisses me off to see that even somebody like NEFILIM has to deal with this pretentious shit...

SOMEBODY CLOSE THIS FUCKIN THREAD

Last edited:
ZenTseTse said:
Geiss,

The fact that after all this time you still cant flat out apologize and still hide behind your rationalizations/pretenses that you are fuckin helping... is precisely why you will remain banned in #tvmappers and stay on the shitlist of any mappers with integrity.

Stop hiding behind your false intentions and try APOLOGIZING to nefilim, myself, etc... without posturing about being 1337 comp player and without posturing about your intentions.

I'm in awe and am wondering if you might not be a 12 year old girl.

edit:

btw, the reason i came to check this thread is i was about to clear your ban and then saw that you still weren't a man... and it pisses me off to see that even somebody like NEFILIM has to deal with this pretentious shit...

SOMEBODY CLOSE THIS FUCKIN THREAD

I was with you for awhile, but now you just look like petty. No offense. But really, get over it. Geiss apologized almost immediately and I think we would all admit the he emerged from all of this looking rather stupid. What more do you want? His map-pack has crashed in a ball of flames and his credibility is zero. Your constant whining puts you in the same boat. Is that what you were looking for? Equality? Well, in my mind you have found it. Enjoy.

Move on won't you?

Geiss, I've recently figured out that the MP-Gigant included in the pack is the wrong version(VengeanceMaps has the wrong vers too). there is a 25mb version floating around, does anyone have it?

SmOkkin' Joe said:
Geiss, I've recently figured out that the MP-Gigant included in the pack is the wrong version(VengeanceMaps has the wrong vers too). there is a 25mb version floating around, does anyone have it?

i used the one from BEML's site... thought that was the "RIGHT" one. i believe they also used the one up here on RDB.

tse, i did apologize to nef, in private in irc, and i thought publicly a few times to everyone in this thread and others. so be it.

Back