News: TribalWar Vengeance Movie

You know what, I figure the disc speed might be perfect and the huge trail is whats distorting its sense of speed due to scale. Its like driving a car down an airplane runway compared to a backroad.

I'd really love to see what the disc looks like without the pacific ocean shooting out its ass.

first, great video, and thank you

second, the grappling hook looks fun as hell

third, the gravity is too fudgeing soupy, increase it

Grappling Hook does look like the best feature so far!! Looks awesome!!

Open Beta won't come soon enough.. Or, maybe the closed beta may find my inbox!! :)

Decided to wait it out and now downloading at 118kbps....86%. Review coming soon.

Yogi said:
Imposter needs to call us instead of using IRC. We put it in the RDB from a kiosk here at E3, tested the download, it started and we walked away. Pick up the phone!! I'm too busy getting pics with booth babes to check irc again.

You better post them dammit.

What's good:
Grappling hook, sniper rifle, rocket pod
Graphics look nice, especially the sky
im sure there's other stuff that im forgetting

What needs to be fixed imo:
The discs move too slow as everyone's been saying.
There needs to be more gravity.
Skiing seems too easy, you jet a bit and it shoots you way up into the air.
Too many trails and they're too long...smoke looks better coming out of the jetpack than those long trails.
Also you shouldn't be able to change directions mid air too easily....it looks weird.

My thoughts:

Movement: Didn't look all that bad to me. Gravity should probably be a bit stronger. The grappling hook was awesome

Weapons: Disc Launcher projectile was FAR too slow.

Misc: Flag icons? Come on now! That's probably the worst feature the devs could possible put in the game. I believe, if this isn't made a server option, that it will KILL CTF comp play. If it's an option, that's fine; newbie server ops will love it, as will newbie players. But I bet a large number of vets won't play this game simply because of flag icons, myself included.

And, good god, what's with all the trails? The flag and jet trails are dumb looking, add nothing to the game (any moron can chase a flagger with a 30ft red tail coming out of his ass), and are simply a waste of graphics card operations.

I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

I just finished watching the demo. The game looks great.

This game looks like they took the fun of T1 and beefed up the gameplay. It doesn't look exactly the same, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I loved the grappler, that looks like a lot of fun to use. The trails were cool I thought, though not mind blowing. It did seem like you could fly longer than in T1, but that isn't a bad thing, it just changes the gameplay a bit. The CG + laser rifle will probably be a little more powerful because of this (the 2 weapons that work well against airbourne foes).

The graphics look very sharp and crisp...the arena map looks like a GREAT place to duel.

I don't know, sure there are things which could use a little more polish but overall I was impressed by the video.

Nightmare- said:
What's good:
Grappling hook, sniper rifle, rocket pod
Graphics look nice, especially the sky
im sure there's other stuff that im forgetting

What needs to be fixed imo:
The discs move too slow as everyone's been saying.
There needs to be more gravity.
Skiing seems too easy, you jet a bit and it shoots you way up into the air.
Too many trails and they're too long...smoke looks better coming out of the jetpack than those long trails.
Also you shouldn't be able to change directions mid air too easily....it looks weird.

Good post for a member. Can't say I don't agree with any of that. The reload time on the sniper looks like it might be a bit fast though. Alot of hangtime in there. Definitely needs some more gravity to balance the jets. Can't have the entire game rely on midairs or the noobs will not fair well. A big part of fighting in Tribes is predicting when your opponent will fall to the ground. That just isn't there at the moment. I'm sure this is being addressed, but being key to gameplay it needs emphasis.

Awesome video, the grappler will be so much fun. The whole game is looking sweet except for some details, those can be fixed.

Comments on the movie:

- DeWald, you suck at teh extending on Ready Steady Go.

- That arena map actually looks pretty fun, assuming the physics mesh properly with it. The bowl looks pretty ski-friendly, and at any rate, it's nice to see something besides rolling hills for a change.

- I finally see that the disc is, in fact, pretty slow at present. Needs to be sped up, IMHO, the T1 disc was always the best.

- The hook still looks balanced but powerful. I still hate it, because it's yet another weapon I have to learn how to defeat, and after four years of Tribes I still have trouble enough dealing with the CG and disc launcher.

- Who was that chump who tried to blade Thrax in heavy and failed miserably?

- The Julia dance was creepy as hell. Never use that animation AGAIN.

Last edited:
MrGone said:
I thought it was hilarious, a little tard dance in honour of tribalwar.

She's way too meaty for that dance to really work. The lack of facial expression also helped make it look more weird and creepy than anything else.

Also, she's way too cute already considering how grumpy and Hamlet-esque she's supposed to be. The dance only makes her even MORE ridiculous in my book.

Helado said:
Only thing that really caught my eye is that you really have alot more control in air.

The level of air control astounded me as well, particularly the shot early on of the Phoenix light there shifting around the corner in midair. That looks like fun to me, because I always tried to do that in T1 dueling and all I got was a shot in the mouth.

She's an imperial princess, one who scooped out her eyes for implants to make her better at killing people for sport, doing a downs boogie on a tribalwar logo screen. It was gold.

Back