[T:V] screen pollution

Could you name some effects?

UT2K4 is a great example of a game with terrible screen pollution. The sniper rifle pours smoke in your face, as does the AVRil or anything with a particle effect.

Just curious. T:V is cleaner (mostly thanks to those "laser trails") than UT2K4, but indeed, the hand animations can look busy.

I'm wondering what's going on with some armours suddenly having these red streaks coming from their feet. It doesn't look like a jet effect, and it's not constant being in short bursts. Given that it suggests pack use, perhaps the speed pack. If that's what it is, not entirely sure how to take that (good, bad, or just neutral).

Its more likely that those signify the passive mode of the repair pack, as that repairs you slowly and may operate in small bursts rather than a continuous effect.

Yes, the flag trail is the color of the flag, but it's never been described as being an intermittent trail.

Also, as it apparently comes out of the players's feet, I wouldn't bet on it being the flag trail

where did you see the red trails from the feet? The only red trail I saw was from the flag, and it came from the top of the flag pole not near the feet.

there are some blue trails that come from the heavy in the grappling video as well...not sure what those are.

I dont think there is much "pollution" though, as most of the effects are from a certain event. And im sure you'll be able to turn them down if you wish.

Didn't think there was much polution either. The explosions were all fairly minimalistic, especiall the Rocket Pod. I may be the only one, but I'm not bothered by the reload anims and stuff.

Why do people do this? Just say you don't like the trails. You know that those are finished trails; why do you act as if they might not be?

If you don't like the style, say so. . .and also, stop praying. It's bizarre to imagine someone throwing himself to his knees and praying that a video game effect is changed.

Zoolooman said:
UT2K4 is a great example of a game with terrible screen pollution. The sniper rifle pours smoke in your face, as does the AVRil or anything with a particle effect.
i assumed the sniper rifle did that intentionally to force people to move

Back