Rolling a Healer ... your thoughts?

Error|550

Veteran X
I'm leaning toward a Dwarven Healer/Crusader as I have heard several times that Dwarves roll with benefits to CON right off the bat which would help a Healer survive considering how much agro they draw.

Healing and buffs are top priorities for grouping reasons, but not only do I not want to be a pussy I also want to be able to summon.

On DAoC I had a Cleric that was 40% Smite and 60% Heal/Buff and he, frankly, kicked ass. I am hoping to build much the same type of character in SB.

Help? Thoughts? Comments?

:D

OK ... looks like Dwarven Healer/Crusader is the way to go. Apparently they can absorb damage with the best of them, but don't do a whole lot of damage. Oh well, idea is to be able to get in groups easily for quick, high leveling.

:D

borlaK said:
also something that is lost on the people in that thread is this. crusader = much better for GvG wars than any other healer IMO. You can take damage as well as any tank but can heal at the same time.

Who gives a shit if you cant taunt, taunt is useless in PvP/GvG anyways so wtf cares?

From now on ALL my char builds will be with PvP/GvG in mind. If im not as usefull in PvE so be it ill have to compensate somehow. But being badass in PvP/GvG is all i care about =).

Maui is a dwarfen healer....gets his ass kicked every time rofl. just ask vivirant. he dies all the freakin time. i'm going crusader tonight :D

Thoughts from Neutrino in #shadowbane this evening for those that are, like myself, building or contemplating building a Dwarven Healer/Crusader:

<neut|mel_gypsum> error, this is how i did it
<vivrant> they made a cool game when we were buds
<vivrant> but now that we arent so friendly they fuck us with server downage
<neut|mel_gypsum> 4 hammer (leftover, couldve put them anywhere)
<sphin> wuts fast adns trong
<sphin> wuts fast and strong in the game
<neut|mel_gypsum> 10 benediction
*** DarkAngel (Dark@mask-4673.charter.com) has joined channel #shadowbane
*** Mode change "+o DarkAngel" for channel #shadowbane by ChanServ
<neut|mel_gypsum> 5 for defense, str, and con buffs
<neut|mel_gypsum> 7 restoration
<cancer> wtf it's not 5am
<TubGirl|18Thief> all servers will be down in about 4 hours...(upgrades to help fix problems)....thank god...
<neut|mel_gypsum> 12 mending

Maniacal said:
im fine with whatever keeps you from getting pk'ed by r2s.
:rofl:

We got all but two of those fuckers last night. They're nicks are on my KoS list now. I get my Thief to R4/R5 I start working on the KoS list ... time for a little retribution baby!

Error|550 said:
:rofl:

We got all but two of those fuckers last night. They're nicks are on my KoS list now. I get my Thief to R4/R5 I start working on the KoS list ... time for a little retribution baby!

you're still going on about taht eh?

retribution?

you must not know what happened

they were attacked first, if anyone was seeking retribution it was them

but anyway learn to pick your battles bro ;(

2 times downed is more than enough

i dont wanna have to watch something like again

Last edited:
Maniacal said:
you're still going on about taht eh?

retribution?

you must not know what happened

they were attacked first, if anyone was seeking retribution it was them

but anyway learn to pick your battles bro ;(

2 times downed is more than enough

i dont wanna have to watch something like again
Here's what I *know* happened. We camped the ants first (MR and I and our group). We were pulling, killing, looting, etc., the ants. Suddenly another group comes out of nowhere and attacks MR. A Barb and some casters, all R2, and a Scout that was R3.

Out of nowhere.

Long story short, MR and I load our R3 tanks and take care of business as best as we can.

This was not an accident. This was deliberate on their part. Our group got to the ants first and were just minding our own business and MR got whacked.

So, color me "reactionary" but I think a little retribution is in order especially as they looted both our graves.

OK? Works for me too.

On a side note, my Healer just got "Summon" so I am at last able to provide the service I have needed so badly in the past!

:bigthumb:

P.S. Mani ... tell me you weren't in that group ...

except you didnt camp the ants "first"

quick rundown:

(background)

i go out with a group, all r2s at the time, we hit a r3/r4 drake camp, before our first pull i pick up something on my "tracking radar" so to speak, and next thing you know, we are being attacked by 2 r3s and a r4... a caster and a tank distract us, while an assassin sneaks up behind us... but they never saw me (im pretty much always invis once i leave town), i detected the sin, saw her, snared her, barbed her... while one of our tanks kept her busy, a fe more arrows and she was toast... one of our healers, one of our mages, adn our theif were dead as well... the other two attackers retreated

we move to a new camp, start exping no probs at all... then this dumbfuck who was in the group decided he wanted to pull, except he had no taunt, and was a a melee char, so he ends up pulling about 6 r3s and getting two more of the group killed( all the while us tell him to not to pull, but he does it anyway)... rest of us head back to town/recall, and try to try to regroup, as well as kick that dude out...

head back out, go to ants, exp for a while, decided to go to town and bank, and then come back

i leave as well (the group), and start tracking the dumbfuck (mostly nowadays, as ive mentioned before, i entertain myself by going invis and following people arround mooing at them... but i also follow around theives and assassins, alerting unsuspecting xp'ers to their presense...), who has joined another group...

that group heads out to the ants... when the group i was in gets back, they ask very politely (as isnt always done), if that group minds if they exp on other other side (and are told that are drakes nearby, but no trouble is wanted)... so they head over and start exping...

few minutes later a mage and one other person from that group, along w/ an assassin that came from somewhere else attack my former group, killing a healer and a their... my former group retalites by attacking the group of the two the came attacking...

coupe run off... "theoden" i think was left, runs a bit, attacks a bit, cant seem to make up his mind, ultimately gets himself killed...

not long after i notice you (pappagrimm) on my track list, so i start follwing you, only to see you attack them and get killed, not once but twice...

meanwhile im start accosting you verbally over the info chan, because you stated that you were gonna put them all on your guilds list of enemies or whatever, like they were some guys just running around pk'ing and nothing else...

anyway, i found the whole episode rather amusing

I'm doing a dorf healer/prelate.. he's pretty tough so far. I'm not concentrating on buffs, im doing heals and stun/nuke.. and lots of defensive skills ( medium armor, block, defense spell, toughness ). Hopefully he'll be tough to take down.

Back