Post your Shadowbane names/servers here. by nostratic - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.
Page 14 of 30
fraidykat
VeteranX
Old
261 - 04-01-2003, 09:26
Ok, so i guess im gonna get this tonight since I'm about to go crazy with all the crap in AO. Anyone starting new chars tonight and wanna meet up with a newb to show him the ropes? Probably do Death, since that's where most people seem to be.

Sponsored Links
Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
262 - 04-01-2003, 09:28
i started a char last night, but didnt level at all

keeps crashing once im inthe server

waiting on email from ubi tech support

hopefull ill get to play tonight

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
263 - 04-01-2003, 09:31
Now that I'm back up to 13, I have YET to figure out why anyone would whore out CON first. Yeah, you'll have ****loads of hp and stamina, but wtf good will you be in a fight? You won't be able to hit anything reasonably hard, and there's no armor before 20 that I've seen that really cuts down on damage taken.

Then on the main aisle, you'd be the slow guy lumbering around with 2k HP that everyone enjoys looting :]

Moral of the story: Whore CON once you can actually hit or nuke something. I started at 12, base dex is now 115 and my bow is in the 70s.

Daemon: Agnostick had a healer last night but he got killed when we made the mistake of letting a non-TW centaur in our group, who proceeded to train in 2 grobold archers, grob axefighters, grob assassins, the High Priest and the King. I've noticed that most of the non TW people I've grouped with have been complete idiots.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
264 - 04-01-2003, 09:36
how you're able to hit from levels 1-20 doesn't mean dick.

max con early, int too if you're able.

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
265 - 04-01-2003, 09:39
As a newbie ranger my attempts to charm a marsh cat looked something like this:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/?VideoID=21

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
266 - 04-01-2003, 09:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Did ANYONE make a healer? =P
Got a 27 druid.

xgalaxy
VeteranX
Old
267 - 04-01-2003, 09:57
Well I got my video problem fixed. It was the latest det drivers that were ****ing everything up.

I got to level 7, almost 8 in about 3 or 4 hours. I was leveling pretty fast but late last night I ended up in a group that couldn't pull for **** and we had no healer cause he kept getting disconnected.

The game is fun and time flies if you don't pay attention.

I'm well on my way to gimping my character I think though. I'm looking to be a Thief and so far I've pretty much dumped all my points into DEX. Following by INT and CON sparatically. I havn't really 'trained' yet. I started off with over 40% dagger skill since I chose Eirikie(sp?) which gives +10% dagger naturally plus I got the 2 +5 %dagger runes. I then leveled it another 10% and havn't trained anything since.

In the late game, if all goes well with this character, I have to say one of my tuffest choices is going to be how many points to put into backstap/dagger vs sneak/peak/steal. Cause well.. I really want to be able to steal their jacket and kill them .. in various orders

LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
268 - 04-01-2003, 10:38
Why would you put INT into a thief? Just curious...

I DEX mine up like crazy...

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
269 - 04-01-2003, 10:44
Int helps with like...everything.

Max your int as a thief and youl'l get more training points I think

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
270 - 04-01-2003, 10:48
yeah that's what I meant

NaciMur
VeteranX
Old
271 - 04-01-2003, 10:48
Was anybody else in that huge battle on Death east of Knightsbridge last night?

Wufei
VeteranXX
Old
272 - 04-01-2003, 10:55
I hit 20 last night, not bad for my second day of really leveling i guess. And I read that the formula for the focus' skills is your int +60... but i dunno if that's right

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
273 - 04-01-2003, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Doc, did you have another guy named Doc Holiday? I saw someone with that name running around, thought it was you. =P
Nope, I will never ever use the name Doc Holiday cause thats not the proper spelling and I am anal that way.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
274 - 04-01-2003, 11:17
Some info:

If you are a Caster Int determines your damage.

Int adds not only to your skill it adds to your max skill.

Dex determines your damage if you are a rogue.

Str determines your damage if you are a figther.

Int determines your damage if you are a mage.

The higher your Dex the more often you will do your max damage.
for example 90 Dex: 10, 8, 10, 9, 9 20 Dex 3, 8, 2, 10, 2.

Your to-hit is determined mainly by your skill. Including mages, Your skill level with spells will also determine how often that spell hits.

Int lowers the cost of training. you will notice skills tend to spike at a much slower rate.

Con gets you HP and Stam. Stamina is the lifeblood of PVP. No stam you die!

Stamina is also the fighting classes Mana. No stam no special attacks.

My suggestion. Find your main damage stat and max it. Then you will have a secondary stat that controls your mana/stam max that as well. if Con is not your secondary stat I suggest in early levels split between Con and your other stat.

In the first ten levels, if INT is not your main stat get it up to at least 50. This will help later on during training. Then get your main stat and CON up. Between 10 and 20, focus on our main two stats and reserve two levels for CON. Then it is really up to you how you want to progress, you can then try and max main stat or split between main and secondary(Spi for casting professions, Con for melee professions).

If you are a pure mage DEX is useless to you!

Last edited by Wraithed; 04-01-2003 at 11:20..
Empirion
VeteranXX
Old
275 - 04-01-2003, 11:23
Death Server

Empirion Dyslexicon , Lvl 4 red dude with a bow. :-/ I guess I am going for a ranger or archer. I wish I could know what I was doing. I just want to get something to lvl 20 asap.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
276 - 04-01-2003, 11:30
Anyone know what armor I should look for?

I am a Elf Ranger and the armor I got takes away about 20 Dex. I believe my dex is at 59(79 without armor) right now so I can't hit ****. I normally miss and when I hit its low HP. 30-50(50 with offense on and aimed shot). I believe the armor is chain/leather or soething like that. Should I stick to cloth and leather instead?

I am at lvl 15 right now. I think I gimped my ranger.

Empirion
VeteranXX
Old
277 - 04-01-2003, 11:34
What is the best resource site for this game?

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
278 - 04-01-2003, 11:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
Anyone know what armor I should look for?

I am a Elf Ranger and the armor I got takes away about 20 Dex. I believe my dex is at 59(79 without armor) right now so I can't hit ****. I normally miss and when I hit its low HP. 30-50(50 with offense on and aimed shot). I believe the armor is chain/leather or soething like that. Should I stick to cloth and leather instead?

I am at lvl 15 right now. I think I gimped my ranger.

I wear no armor since I'm in a group most of the time. I'll probbly get some decent cloth armor (no penalty to dex) so that I have at least SOMETHING. I'm an aracoix though and its easy to fly otu of battle.

LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
279 - 04-01-2003, 11:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaciMur
Was anybody else in that huge battle on Death east of Knightsbridge last night?
Yep...got my ass stompted by an Ogre...

LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
280 - 04-01-2003, 12:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithed
Some info:

Int lowers the cost of training. you will notice skills tend to spike at a much slower rate.

In the first ten levels, if INT is not your main stat get it up to at least 50. This will help later on during training.

Ok...being a Thief...Int is NOT my main stat...but why should I get it to 50...is the only reason.. "So it doesn't cost me as much (gold) to upgrade stats."

To me that is stupid. I haven't had too much trouble with funds...

Page 14 of 30

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Social Website Bullshit