Post your Shadowbane names/servers here. by nostratic - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.
Page 9 of 30
Roga
VeteranX
Old
161 - 03-31-2003, 16:59
if anyone has somewhere where they can host files I've got a few (from someone else, not made by me) that could be helpful. I'll email em to whomever can host em. Basically general information.

Sponsored Links
ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
162 - 03-31-2003, 16:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalaxy
I dont have the game but I've read around a bit.
For a Thief wouldn't it be better to go for these runes:

Raised by a Thieves Guild and
Tought by a Thief Master
Increased Constitution

The Raised by a Thieves guild gives you +5 dagger.

The tought by a Theif Master gives you +10 DEX/MAX DEX
but subtracts -5 from STR/MAX STR and -5 CON/MAX CON.

The increased Contitution gives you some of your CON you
lost from the Thieves master, you end up only missing 2 points.
Increased Con is a waste, since you can find better Con runes in the game as loot. The other two are good, but you're forgetting Lightning Reflexes.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 03-31-2003, 17:00
Quote:
The only question I have, that I really cant find an answer for is what is a good discipline to go with for a Thief.

I'm thinking Bounty Hunter but I'm not sure, since I dont see any info on what they do really...
bounty hunter is cool for thieves and assasins from what i hear.

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
164 - 03-31-2003, 17:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL
meat up tonight in the hamlet of agan's ring?

there is decent lowbie groups, then the bog rats are close by, then the snakes and hag, then the nails for the final push to 21.

should be able to hit at least 15 with a decent sized group and active pulling in a few hours .
I'll bring my caster in; he's still a lowbie. Although, MR, I need your help trans a few things to him ...

FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXX
Old
165 - 03-31-2003, 17:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roga
if anyone has somewhere where they can host files I've got a few (from someone else, not made by me) that could be helpful. I'll email em to whomever can host em. Basically general information.
I can host some, I'm on IRC or PM me if you want my email.

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
166 - 03-31-2003, 17:01
From Rogue's market:

Level 1-3 newbie monsters, though if we have a large group we can move off sooner.

Level 3-6 lizardmen. Trackers drop good loot (occasional magic) and 134+ XP a pop.

Level 6-10 bog rats north of Agan's Ring. 600-800 XP at those levels and awesome cash, and they are non social (remember those nail-tooths? ). At 12+ if you can't find a group soloing bog rats is good for 1.5k XP and a ton of cash, so they really give the best bang for the buck.

Levels 10+ great pythons and the bog hag. Pythons are good for 2.5-3.5k XP a pop with relatively low risk with a good healer in party, bog hag is good for 6k XP.

You can make a trip to bandit's island if you want some good dropped armor as well. You can also adjust those values, obviously a larger group can move to tougher monsters faster.

xgalaxy
VeteranX
Old
167 - 03-31-2003, 17:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
Increased Con is a waste, since you can find better Con runes in the game as loot. The other two are good, but you're forgetting Lightning Reflexes.
Ya, but the whole point of going for Tought by a Thief Master was to get the same effects as the Lightning Reflexes but with less cost. The only problem with that is you end up taking a hit to Con. But you still end up with more points to spend.

Bah. I didn't notice the fact that you could lower the starting attributes too. In that case, you could just lower the Spirit to its lowest, get Lightning Reflexes and the a +5 dagger. But you end up losing out on the second +5 dagger tho.

Last edited by xgalaxy; 03-31-2003 at 17:05..
Talamius
VeteranX
Old
168 - 03-31-2003, 17:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
Taught by Master Thief is just as good for 4 less points. -5 STR and CON for +10 DEX is a great trade for a rogue.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
169 - 03-31-2003, 17:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamius
From Rogue's market:

Level 1-3 newbie monsters, though if we have a large group we can move off sooner.

Level 3-6 lizardmen. Trackers drop good loot (occasional magic) and 134+ XP a pop.

Level 6-10 bog rats north of Agan's Ring. 600-800 XP at those levels and awesome cash, and they are non social (remember those nail-tooths? ). At 12+ if you can't find a group soloing bog rats is good for 1.5k XP and a ton of cash, so they really give the best bang for the buck.

Levels 10+ great pythons and the bog hag. Pythons are good for 2.5-3.5k XP a pop with relatively low risk with a good healer in party, bog hag is good for 6k XP.

You can make a trip to bandit's island if you want some good dropped armor as well. You can also adjust those values, obviously a larger group can move to tougher monsters faster.
im going to be at agan's ring later tonight. there seems to always be good groups there.

i may do a little looting on the side .

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
170 - 03-31-2003, 17:07
question:

anyone have any idea how this will run on radeon9000pro?

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
171 - 03-31-2003, 17:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL
im going to be at agan's ring later tonight. there seems to always be good groups there.

i may do a little looting on the side .
6:30ish, #shadowbane :]

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
172 - 03-31-2003, 17:08
decently, just turn some stuff off/down

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
173 - 03-31-2003, 17:09
Quote:
6:30ish, #shadowbane :]
irc.dynamix.com, yes?

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
174 - 03-31-2003, 17:10
Quote:
Ya, but the whole point of going for Tought by a Thief Master was to get the same effects as the Lightning Reflexes but with less cost. The only problem with that is you end up taking a hit to Con. But you still end up with more points to spend.
You don't have to do Lightning Reflexes if you don't want to

But don't worry about making up your con hit at character creation. I'd just put the points you're thinkin of spending on Improved Con directly into CON if I was that worried about it.

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
175 - 03-31-2003, 17:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacal
question:

anyone have any idea how this will run on radeon9000pro?
Athlon 1 ghz, 512 meg PC133 and a Radeon 9000 Pro 64meg AGP, WinXP Pro here.

Everything at defaults EXCEPT dynamic lighting (all the way down) and I never have FPS problems. Game still looks half decent, and I only get thrashing when I zone after a few hours, but that's the minor in game mem leak.

I would say 512 is an absolute minimum for an enjoyable experience, but that goes across the board anyway now.

Talamius
VeteranX
Old
176 - 03-31-2003, 17:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error|550
irc.dynamix.com, yes?
No, DALnet

Empirion
VeteranXX
Old
177 - 03-31-2003, 17:13
I want some kinda archer char. Someone tell me how to set a good one up. I guess I'm going to start with a human character.

ZugZug
L33t Cow³
Old
178 - 03-31-2003, 17:13
Quote:
Taught by Master Thief is just as good for 4 less points. -5 STR and CON for +10 DEX is a great trade for a rogue.
You save 4 points by losing 5 points in CON

Going with LR instead of TBMT buys you 5 CON for 4 points.

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
179 - 03-31-2003, 17:16
If I end up re-rolling my tank, I think I'll go for Ambidextrous at the start. I grouped with a guy yesterday that had this and he was rocking the monsters (he was also Half-Giant/Fighter).

Funny thing is, he had really ****ty weapons too but still was doing damn near as much damage per swing as I was with my new sword.

Roga
VeteranX
Old
180 - 03-31-2003, 17:19
Think rogues get ambidex automatically (made an irekei rogue). Main and offhand both have the same attack rating.

Page 9 of 30

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Social Website Bullshit