Page 3 of 3
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
41 - 07-01-2020, 17:29
!!!
Quote:
It is a classic control technique, wielded by those on top to prevent ***8220;inconvenient***8221; facts from reaching the public, and to neutralize any action the public may want to take should they learn of these facts.

You are most likely to see these techniques at work where discussion centers on such high-stakes issues as political assassinations, the destruction of land and lives by oil companies and other corporations, the man-made causes of climate change, and so on.
^^leftist agendas 101

Sponsored Links
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 07-01-2020, 17:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
What 6 book do you have lined up? I'm currently working on 3, but they are all real estate focused:
I just started The Lost Intelligence (Lost Starship Series Book 12)

Next Transaction Man: The Rise of the Deal and the Decline of the American Dream

then, Valkyrie (Expeditionary Force Book 9)

then, The Age of Entitlement: America Since the Sixties

then, Omega Force: Rebellion (OF11)

then, Ethnic Apocalypse: The Coming European Civil War which Amazon banned. Thankfully i bought it a while back so I still have it. Hell, they have banned several books I own, all of them having to do with (((them))).

then, The War Planners Series: Books 1-3: The War Planners, The War Stage, and Pawns of the Pacific. I might just power through all 6 books in this series. If I don't, then I will read:
One Nation Under Arrest: How Crazy Laws, Rogue Prosecutors, and Activist Judges Threaten Your Liberty

And either read the next 3 books in War Planners or read Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All.

This should keep me occupied for the next month/month and half.

Speaking of Amazon banned books, 1 book is a must read and it's a book tele recommended,
The Culture of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
43 - 07-01-2020, 17:33
welcome to last year

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 07-01-2020, 17:37

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 07-01-2020, 19:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
i thought no1 liked robert jordan
He came up with a great concept, and started strong, but wound up drawing it out too much, dove in too deep and lost steam. Horrible to say it, but Sanderson saved the series and finished it off really well after Jordan's death. That's what lead me into Sanderson's own works, and they're really good (I even the 'young adult' 'Alcatraz' series, some surprising humour in there)

Oh, also - one that TW might like (and it pre-dates Trump's version, and no, it's not the Steve Carrell series.)

Jeremy Robinson - "Space Force"

The President announces the formation of a new "Space Force", drawing from existing armed forces personnel.. of course, the various branches find this an a fantastic way of getting rid of the people they don't want. Main hero guy in there is also a gamer, which comes in handy when Earth is invaded by a bunch of aliens who've obviously seen one too many twitch streams.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
46 - 07-01-2020, 19:55
ONE DOESN'T JUST SPEAK OF BOOKS

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 08-27-2020, 16:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastlobo View Post
If you want a good Mil Sci Fi book that is left wide open for another that everyone who read it is like, "Holy ****, what just happened, it can't end like this -- we need closure, we need another book!" John Steakley's -- Armor. It is like Starship Troopers, and may have been greatly influenced. I saw the movie (Starship Troopers -- Do you want to know more), but didn't read the book. Armor has good substance to it b/c of Steakley's unique voice and POV of the main character(s). A couple of parallels that smack you upside the head when they come together.
I hate you.

Steakley's dead now, you know? So... there won't be a part ****ing 2. ASS!

Now I will never know wtf the engine was.

Thanks.

Haven't got much sleep these past 2 nights because of this book. Amazingly good book. Like, really good. Short. Too short. Like, 2 additional books too short.

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 08-27-2020, 16:57
I misread the thread title and thought it said "Speaking of BooBs..."

Needless to say, I am super dissapoint

kirasmart
Veteran++
Old
49 - 09-07-2020, 10:23
Book selection depends on your interest. I'm heavily into drawing, so books dedicated to drawing techniques are my number one choice. Currently I've been reading book by Anthony Ryder, he teaches a different approach to drawing. Also I found a great resource online (if you are interested, go here )

Last edited by kirasmart; 09-11-2020 at 06:02..
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 09-07-2020, 12:37
Found another book that has been difficult to put down called Children of Time by, Adrian Tchaikovsky

2 main story lines. 1 revolving around humans and our self-imposed destruction, and the other revolving around a new line of monkeys that have been seeded on a faraway planet to evolve into a better version of humans. The humans, after destroying Earth, set off to find these other terraformed planets to settle on and start anew but run into trouble along the many thousands of years journey.

The Audible version has a female British narrator that speaks in an English accent that is understandable. I was a bit nervous when I first fired it up thinking I would need to read the book, defeating the purpose of using Audible, but her accent is easy to understand. The good thing is when I go back to reading the book, I am not reading it in her voice.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 09-08-2020, 08:09
I just finished Tess of the D'Urbervilles, now there is a nice cheerful book for these covid times

just makes you want to run yourself a nice warm bath ...

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 09-09-2020, 10:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
this is totally sane and balanced
I bet

Check the title. Ok. Yuge wall of text

*conspiracy theories for sure*

DIDN'T READ LOL

Page 3 of 3