Dare’s Theory of Skill

jerry

Veteran XX
I AGREE!

Dare spoke in depth about what held many players back in the late 1990s and early 2000s—THEIR HARDWARE! When one is subject to poor frame rates, ping, or otherwise cannot do anything more than compete while standing in quicksand, we cannot gain a true picture of their ability.

So, I have always considered myself “pretty good” at video games. I tend to find myself in some Diamond or Platinum level equivalent ranking in many games. I find myself able to carry up to a certain point in Overwatch, Counterstrike, Apex Legends or some other team
based game.

Interestingly enough, I believed that I had eliminated all hardware limitations that would contribute to the aforementioned theory. I play most games at 144Hz/FPS, I have good ergonomics, a good chair, a fine mouse and keyboard, etc.

What I never gave much thought to, however, is a mousepad. I always thought that this was a matter of preference! For nearly two decades, I have used an aluminum based mousepad made by Corsair:

MM600 Dual Sided Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad

Well, I’ve always found it to be “good enough” to fit my assumed preference. HOW WRONG I HAVE BEEN!

I switched to one of those oversized desk mats and... WOW! IÂ’m gonna be a fuckinÂ’ Apex Predator! The material is absolutely superior for tracking, the size gives one a sense of unlimited freedom to snap on targets, and the comfort level is incomparable when put next to my former mousepad.

Do yourself a fuckinÂ’ favor if you havenÂ’t already... GET ONE OF THESE THINGS!

Amazon.com: AUKEY Gaming Mouse Pad Large XXL (35.4 Accessories

Best wishes,
Jerry

Last edited:
just post pictures of ur dick on something awful and as the fyad signature with the words "gift of herpes" overlayed and then a bunch of trolls will kill themselves irl

- a rapist

just post pictures of ur dick on something awful and as the fyad signature with the words "gift of herpes" overlayed and then a bunch of trolls will kill themselves irl

- a rapist

One time I verbally attacked Lowtax in a Quake 2 deathmatch server! :)

i literally have a 4 foot mouse pad and a mouse that vo0 sent me for free and i havent played video games in a long time and have no plans to in the future, the hard drive with all my tribes recordings on it got stolen last year and my youtube channel is terminated because i made fun of a furry, i do not give a fuck at all

i used wheel ball mouse and then ten dollar logitech optical mouse for a long long time vs chump on a supercomputer

I thought you were like me and only used the Microsoft Intellimouse until it was discontinued and/or changed into something unrecognizable!

I thought you were like me and only used the Microsoft Intellimouse until it was discontinued and/or changed into something unrecognizable!

steelseries rival 300 is the exact same thing as ms intellimouse 3.0 - i have had the same one for 5 years now and i got a free one sitting in a box unwrapped

mousing space for all the video games i dont play ever

KF6BDwI.jpg

now some meth person is gonna say i have a 2nd steam account which is where all the time i spend gaming is hidden when in reality its literally being overdosed on probation lobotomizing chemicals and antipsychotics and brain damage to the point i can't even move and can barely even read or watch tv on them let alone move a mouse

dont forget being banned from the internet for years at a time and not using it - which the meth person will say is a conspiracy lie

Actually I think you just said you have a 2nd steam account which is where all the time i spend gaming is hidden

fsb ao gonna use a 30000 dollar computer in 1990s money + happymod and server side hacks like bigger disk area of effect and own you in the throwback tourney do not worry

Back